Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by Kormai »

Next cleaning mission: The Basement. WARNING: There will be spiders.

Basanti
Blue Spiked Raptor

Okiwa
Brown Bear

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Tydarus
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Tydarus »

I want back in! :)
Tydarus, lvl 77
Exotics yes
No monkeys or crocolisks
Rares I have: Arcturis, Zaricotl (Mazzranache, Humar and Mahamba as well, but I guess they don't count)

Garwan, lvl 22
Exotics no
No monkeys or crocs
Finick from the Petopians Guild

Tydarus' Stables
Bastor
Realm: EU-Die Todeskrallen

Unread post by Bastor »

Since currently I'm on a spree of testing new pets, I wouldn't mind a challenge.

Name: Kreuzner
Level: 85
Exotics: Yes
Would prefer a PvP oriented family skill, but will do anything else.
Pets I already have: Rhino, Silithid, Corehound, Spirit Beast, Spider, Spore Bat, Nether Ray, Bird of Prey, Hyena. Wouldn't mind writing a review about these, especially Rhinos.
Rares I have: Ghostcrawler, Gondria, Loque, Arcturis, Skoll, Chromaggus

No restrictions whatsoever.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If you have no restrictions, there's no need to list every type of pet you have. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So...sorry this has taken so long, been feeling lazy I guess. Continuing in my lazy streak, Venjin's report is just on the looks of this particular scorpid.

Looks:
My sentiments about the bronze scorpid's look are much the same as the bronze crab--it's far too green. She looks okay next to venjin, but of all the scorpid colors, I find this one to be a bit dull (top left). The whole carapace is a shiny, yellowy-gold color with green highlighting and dark brown fuzzy bits (top middle). The fuzzy bits are low res and pixellated looking. When viewing this scorpid from behind, you can see that the chitin is a very bright green (top right). I think one of the creepiest things about this skin is the extra set of eyes it seems to have at the top part of its head.

Now onto Daliah's report: Image

Looks:
I think the easiest way to sum up the looks of a bat is that it's like one of those dog toys that have no stuffing on the inside with wonky wings. This guy doesn't really suit my hunter (I don't consider matching armor to be matching my hunter) (top left). Hops' colors aren't terrible though, a nice, soft, reddish-brown with a black mane, black claws, and blackish-brown wings (bottom left). They've got a wonky hunch in their back and holes in their wings that logically shouldn't allow them to fly (good thing this is WoW; top middle). These guys' faces could be better if their fangs weren't coming out of their cheeks and if their face didn't maintain the stuffed animal appearance (top right). The bottom right photo shows the flatness of their 'feet.'

Animations, Sounds, and Combat:
Bats make weird squeaking like sounds when they go into combat, but are otherwise quiet. I've noticed that since the troll flight forms got implemented bats have gained a sort of idle animation--they'll flap quickly in place, then all of a sudden just pause for about half a second. Their flying animation consists mostly of them gliding; they rarely actually flap their wings (top left). Their swim is exactly the same, only with more flapping (top right).

In combat bats are decent, being cunning pets, and if specced properly, can do some minor tanking. They have two attack animations, a "kick" (bottom left) and a bite (bottom right). Their special is Sonic Blast, a 2 second ranged stun (middle left). Some people really enjoy that it's a ranged; I have mixed feelings about it. Also, bats are glitched and get their special ability below level 20, but at the cost of not getting bite, which means your under 20 pet bat generates absolutely no threat. This also makes them a pretty decent pet to have around for low level PvP, which makes me wonder why Blizzard hasn't fixed it yet.

Overall, neither pet stayed with either hunter--Venjin has Reginald, he'd be pretty damned upset if she took in another scorpid. And I just really don't like bats. Yzma has one for theme purposes, but none of my other hunters have one; I prefer wasps for the stun effect instead.

More please. :)
Name: Venjin
Level: 82
No monkeys, gorillas, or demon dogs please.
Rares I Have: Loque, KK, and Aotona

Name: Daliah
Level: 20
Exotics: No
No monkeys, gorillas, or demon dogs please.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Today I get to work on gathering professions!

Tydarus
Colour-Changing Crab

Tydarus (Garwan)
If this character is Horde I am so sorry!
Green Ravager

Kreuzner
Lavender Saber Cat

Tyger (Venjin)
Brown Cataclysm Crocolisk

Tyger (Daliah)
Green & Blue Ravager

Good hunting :arrow:
Last edited by Kormai on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm lazy. I had all the pictures for my Terrorpene report done first day, then I lazed off and didn't put them together. >.>

Terrorpene is a pain to get. If you intend to tame him at his level, 81, then prepare to have a very hard time. It's not impossible, but it takes a lot of preparation. I tried at 81 not knowing how much damage he did, failed, and had him killed in front of me. I resolved to tame him later. I camped for him for a few hours at 84, then went off and leveled to 85. First check at that level and he was up. At 85, the tame is very easy as long as you have a bit of haste.

Terrorpene is a very stylish pet. His shell is made of magma, and fire plumes off of it. Spikes line his shell and tail. Parts of his body are lined with glowing magma, either cracks in his skin or magma dripping down. His head is MASSIVE, as can be seen in several of the pictures - his head is built like a tank, with spikes all along his chin and forehead. He drools fire from his jaws, and his volcano-nose spouts fire and smoke. One thing I noticed and like is his undershell, which is also very bright - it's a nice touch. I also like that you can see the cracks on his feet when he's swimming.

The only problem I have with his model/skin is the top of his shell, which looks very strange - a bit like a decorative coin, or something like that.

His idle animations are to turn his head from side to side with his jaws agape, and to stretch his neck up and shake his head. Both are very cute.

His attacks and other animations are somewhat boring, but what you'd expect. I didn't take screenshots of his running/swimming because anyone can imagine them - waddling forward. Very little body movement there, even when he swims.

His attacks are made up of three bites - one forward, one left, and one right. I can imagine that being bitten by a magma turtle would hurt pretty badly, so I can't say his attacks aren't impressive.

His special skill, Shell Shield, makes a pretty fragmented shell come over him. It works like a more powerful Cower, reducing damage taken by 50%. Combined with Tenacity talents and Cower, he's an extremely impressive tank, hardly ever requiring healing. His DPS, however, could use some work. Not a pet you'd take to increase damage.

As for sounds, he's pretty quiet, grumbling and hissing a bit when he bites. His snapping sounds are somewhat loud, however.

Overall, I adore my Terrorpene. He's a very cool looking pet and an awesome tank.

Moar!

Rassaa (Rares Only, stable full)
Rares I Have: Madexx (Blue, Green, Black), Karoma, Terrorpene, Zaricotl, Spiteflayer, Ghostcrawler, King Krush, Sambas, Jadefang, Olm the Wise, Deathmaw
Honorable Mentions (Not rare, but somewhat hard to get/unusual): Chromaggus, Oil-covered Wolf

Vallrok (Any pet, including the rares I have, if you want)
Level 82, BM
Exotics? Sure
Restrictions? No monkeys, gorillas are okay.
Rares I Have: Pogeyan, Rak'shiri, King Krush, Loque'nahak, Gondria, Arcturis, Skoll, Aotona, Shadowclaw, Duskstalker
Honorable Mentions: Ghost Hydra

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I managed to get Terrorpene at 81 after dying to him and watching him pat around for 5-10 minutes waiting for my bf to fly out on his holy pally. It was a very sloppy tame, and I made no preparation to get him whatsoever other than getting my bf to fly out there. So yes, while not impossible, it is very hard and annoying. ^_^

One of my real life friends got him at like 83 with no preparation and he died right after the tame went off. :lol:

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, I tried taming him without a pally or any sort of haste buff. xD I was NOT prepared for that.
At 85 I used some haste pots, but it really wasn't necessary.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kormai wrote: Tyger (Venjin)
Brown Cataclysm Crocolisk

Tyger (Daliah)
Green & Blue Ravager
Oh yay, candy ravager that I've been too lazy to go back out and get. :D
And a croc color I haven't gotten to try yet. =3

[/center]
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Hahaha! I'm glad you're happy with the rolls, Tyger.

And for Lupis, rolls just for you!

Lupis (Rassaa)
Karoma

Lupis (Vallrok)
Red Serpent

Enjoy :!:

Bastor
Realm: EU-Die Todeskrallen

Unread post by Bastor »

So, I drew the lavender sabre cat.

Let's start off by saying that I don't like cats and am underwhelmed by their special, because I tend to look at it from a pvp perspective.

I flew from OG to Winterspring and soon enough found a Pride Stalker roaming on one of the hills.

Taming worked like a charm, so I was soon greeted with a new companion. Named him "Graograman" after a fictional lion from "The Neverending Story"

His stealth animation is pretty vicious and although I usually toggle prowl off because I have the feeling the cat gets to his target to slow, charge took care of that. It looks really stunning to when he charges while prowling.

I went to do dailies in Tol Barad and one thing I noticed instantly was that this cat had no problems holding aggro whatsoever, despite only being level 82.

I even tried and opened with an aimed shot into chimera shot, but he still took aggro from me pretty quick. As such, I think he's a formidable companion for PvE farming, since he does loads of damage and can hold aggro quiete well, as well as buffs you with Agility.

While doing dailies it got really interesting when we an alliance feral druid, warlock and hunter. I had no problems dispatching the feral druid, the lock was on a mount though, and since I had my PvE keybinds I cast misdirect instead of concussive and he got away. The feral returned opening on me, and I think I would've killed him again had the hunter not turned up in that moment. And here comes my problem with the Tiger, whichs looks I like despite not being a fan of cats in general: I didn't really have the impression that he had any impact on the fights apart from dealing some damage. Being ferocity and having a flat bonus skill, he didn't have any utility for me in the fights, so I kinda felt "left alone".

All in all, he'll probably not stay in my stable, although he's beautiful.

I'm sorry for no pics (yet), as I have them on another computer (my gaming PC) and will add them as soon as I can.

Can I have another roll, preferably a pet with a pvp skill that's not a flat out buff or debuff?

Wouldn't mind a monkey or rhino. Can I just do one of those without getting a role?

Name: Kreuzner
Limitations: Only pets with a usable skill, not flat out buffs/debuffs
Last edited by Bastor on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Bastor wrote:Can I have another roll, preferably a pet with a pvp skill that's not a flat out buff or debuff?

Wouldn't mind a monkey or rhino. Can I just do one of those without getting a role?
Hmm, how about going with the former? That would be Silithids, Spiders, Crabs, Dogs, Core Hounds, Birds of Prey, Scorpids, Rhinos, Monkeys (you sure?), Wasps, Shale Spiders, Bats, Crocolisks, Warp Stalkers, Chimaeras, Gorillas, Nether Rays, Moths, and Devilsaurs.

EDIT: Also, please post your roll request in the given format. Kormai and TygerDarkstorm don't want to spend the time to dig back through pages of posts to find your original post, on top of the time it takes them to use a random number generator to assign you a random pet.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Venjin had Image this time.

This particular croc can only be found in Uldum, a journey I was a little nervous about at first since Venjin's only 82, but the Northern most spawn area for these guys is a nice, clear area so it was easy to get. :)

Looks:
All of these Cata croc skins are so amazing, every time I think I've nailed a favorite, I get to report on a new one and be blown away by it. Shiree doesn't quite match Venjin (again, I don't count armor) but there's just something about her that makes me go "wow" (top left).

This skin is so beautiful, the screenshots don't do it justice. Her main color is a really nice brown, bronze, greenish mix, with reddish brown fins, a sandy colored underbelly that also covers her feet and makes stripes on her body (top right). She has some dark plating and ridges on her head and back as well as cream colored spikes and teeth with yellow eyes (bottom left).

I don't think the fat rolls where the legs connect to the body look as bad on this skin either (middle left). And for whatever reason, the crocolisk skeleton suffers from some pretty severe ankle breaking on the back legs (bottom middle). There's also a shot of the tail just to get a closer look at the way it bends and is designed (bottom right).

Animations and Sounds:
Unlike their old world cousins, the Cata crocs do not make any noise while idling, a boon for those who've always wanted a croc but hated the extra noise. At your side crocs spend most of their time shifting their weight and swinging their tail from side to side (top right). Occasionally they will snap their heads from side to side (bottom right).

I find the croc run animation to be very cute and fairly similar to how they would run in real life (top left). Their waddle does have some skeleton issues though, making the back appear to break in three places (although this seems less noticeable as the beast levels) (middle left). Crocs look at home in the water, tucking their feet next to their bodies and propelling themselves with their tail (bottom left).

Combat:
Crocolisks are tenacity pets and make great soloing pets that will put out pretty decent damage and keep mobs off of you. They have access to Thunderstomp for some extra DPS/TPS and AoE situations (bottom left). They also have two attack animations, a lunge and bite (middle left), and a twist and bite (bottom right).

The croc special is Ankle Crack, which is a melee ranged snare (top right). A lot of people may think this makes them a purely PvP pet (I know I used to), but this makes them really fabulous soloing pets (paired with Charge makes it double nice), especially for SV and MM hunters. What I love about it is that I don't have to send my pet in first and wait for them to attack, I just start unloading on the mob of my choice and the croc keeps it from ever reaching me (this works for warp stalkers too). And because the cooldown on Ankle Crack is so short, you can effectively just keep running from mob to mob without having to stop much. Of course, these guys will also perform well in PvP, allowing a SV or MM hunter to kite just as effectively as a BM hunter with a chimaera I would think.

Overall, I'm really torn about Shiree. She's incredibly stunning and I love crocs, but I re-tamed a warp stalker on Venjin (haven't had one since the poor gal was a tauren) and Medusa has been my soloing buddy whom I absolutely *love.* Shiree's sitting in my stables for now until I decide what to do with her.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh hey. Not gonna lie, I totally forgot about my ravager's report, sorry. :oops:
Anyway, she had: Image aka the cotton candy ravager.

Meet Absinth (misspelled on purpose).

Looks:
This is the first character I've tamed this ravager on, and I think he looks pretty awesome with Daliah (pic 1). :D So this bad boy is a mix of light green, dark green, black, and cotton candy blue with red eyes (pic 4). His poor little mane thing is a little 2-D and pixellated (pic 2 and 7). The face of a ravager consists of a couple of beady eyes, a small upper jaw, and a huge, hinged lower jaw with some rather fearsome looking teeth in it (pic 5). The carapace of a ravager is very strange, being thicker up by their head and thinning into an odd, saddle like shape (pic 3 and 6). Overall, very few flaws and I've really grown to like the way ravagers look.

Animations and Sounds:
Ravagers make a pretty unique combat sound; it's sort of like a shrieky, roar sound, I'm not really sure how to describe it other than it sounds pretty vicious. Ravagers only have one idle, and that's to twist their heads from side to side, rattling their spines (pic 1). When they run, they hunch themselves over, jaws agape, and make a skittering like movement (pic 4 and 5). Their swim is really interesting, they lay themselves horizontally and use their legs kind of like an octopus (pic 2 and 3).

Combat:
Absinth is not level 20 yet so I'm sadly lacking a screen of him doing the awesome ravager flip, but others here have posted some good ones. Ravagers have three basic attack animations, a right foot jab (pic 4), a left foot jab (pic 3), and a bite (pic 2). They are cunning pets and make both great DPSers and decent single target tanks.

The ravager special is Ravage, which increases the physical damage of a target taken by 4%. Now, on its own, this debuff really only effects our auto shots, however, if you're out soloing, this debuff helps increase the threat done by your pet, extra great if you're BM for kill command. This is also a really nice debuff to have in groups that are melee heavy and all other major buffs are covered.

[/center]
Chimaera
Realm: Dragonblight, Moon Guard, WrA

Unread post by Chimaera »

I love the death ravager skin. =D Been meaning to get one for my night elf, great report!

And I had actually gotten my screenshot of the ravager flip by accident while trying to get some of her basic attacks. xD They move so fast while flipping, it's probably pretty hard to get one.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thank you. :D

It requires a little bit of timing, but I know Lupis has posted a good one, I've gotten a decent one, and I think Cialbi's gotten one as well. I find for fast attacks like that, I time the cooldown of the ability it's tied to (in this case ravage) and then alt + z around 3 seconds or so (sometimes 5) and just start hitting print screen until I see the pet finish the ability. I usually end up with at least one good shot. :D

Here's a decent spin shot:

[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Actually, I've never really been able to see the ravager flip in-game, since my graphics settings are set pretty low. So, no screenshot of that for me. Besides, I've only once had a report on a ravager, and it was part of the Pet Theme Challenge, on a character that was under level 20 at the time.

That said, I did check out the animation using WMV; I suggest slowing it down to at least 20% speed. The ravager launches itself spinning into the air, latches onto the target while curled up, and falls in such a way that it rolls down the target. Every single spike on the ravager's back will embed itself into the target at least once as it rolls down the target, then slices through the target at it's subsequently yanked out. When the ravager lands, it finishes the attack by swinging its head out from the tucked position, performing an uppercut through the target, with the spike on the top of the head and the teeth of the lower jaw having their chance to gouge the target, before the ravager backs up and returns to a normal posture.
Last edited by Cialbi on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Huh, for some reason I thought you had gotten a shot of one doing the flip. XD

[/center]