Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by Castile »

Shale Spider

Ok i've actually had one before, i tamed jadefang back at the start of cata then ended up setting him free as i didn't see much of a use for him. My raid had a pally so the buff wasn't really needed. But I gave this lil guy a try.

I named him Pyridic with some help from my partner. Apparently its what Iron Ore is called when its on fire (he works on a mine site). I decided to talent him out in full tank spec and compare him to my current tanking pet a turtle. Then off to UP we went!

We pewpew our way through some mobs together. His squeel did get abit annoying but his little run is very cute! I will say in terms of a tanking pet I do prefer the turtle. I could kinda forget it and not heal while the Shale took quite a beating, even with full armour/stam/suvivability talents. I'm also BM so it had the passive heal also.

Our adventure ends with the drake bosses demise. Alas his drake was not to be mine yet but me and lil shale Pyridic had great fun ^.^ might keep him around for a while...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Ikult, I love that you found a new friend in Mikey! :D Even more awesome that he's been a crab color I've always hated so I love the appreciation he's earning from you; I got to see that model in a whole new light.
You and me both! I have always passed over that skin in particular because I honestly thought it was a washed-out icky yellow colour. I am so happy I was wrong! :D
I am definitely signing up for another of these random pet challenges after the New Year. Thank you for letting me participate!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

My pleasure! ^_^ Always makes me happy seeing people go home with new friends they never would have thought of taming before. :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Hi! I took a look at the thread earlier in the year, and thought this might be a fun idea. So, I'm putting in my request for Winter Break, a new pet to start off a new year!

Name: Aritria
Server: Nesingwary (In case you need to look up the character for anything, like pets I already have.)
Level: 85
Exotics: I don't see why not!
Restrictions: None.
Rares I have: Nuramoc, Loque.

Thank you, and I hope to get a Random Numbered Pet soon!
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aritria:
Brown Rhino

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Aritria »

Okay! Tamed one up tonight, and will get the report done tomorrow. Thank you!

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother

Kitchu/Sknot
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Kitchu/Sknot »

You missed mine :(
ill post it again
Name:Kitchu
Exotic: yes
Restrictions:no spirt bests or Molten front rares have em all :P or cats have sambas i hardly use :(
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Aritria »

Okay, so here's my first ever Random Pet Challenge Report on the Brown Rhino, found in the Borean Tundra, North-North-West of Warsong Hold. It was late at night, so I decided to tame one of the little Calfs running 'round with their mamas and papas. I logged out and came back this afternoon, logging into this lovely sight:

He's quite big, so much so that when I hearthed to Shatt, I couldn't click the inn keeper! This proved to be a difficulty for me throughout the day.

The shrinkage is minimal with these guys, but they're still big considering their models. I named this little guy Shaggy on an impulse, because with all that fur there's no other name more fitting! We went to the Nexus, where I realized that this rhino loved to butt me with his horn (affectionately) in between mobs pulls. However, Telestra got the better of us, and I had to run back a few times during the run. I'm rusty! Being a tenacity pet, he took damage well, but I found I had to heal him more than one should for a tanking pet. We were able to down Keristrasza, and out we went to go do the Molten Front Dailies.

Shaggy's Thunderstomp aggroed everything in its radius, making the Molten Front quests difficult, if only because I could never advance until I killed everything he had attracted. But, we got 'er done, and Zen Vorka's Cache offered no minipet, so I hearthed off to Outland, where he seemed to defy gravity!

I don't think he's right for Aritria, he's too big and bulky, and the juxtaposition between a slender Blood Elf and a big, bulky mammal was just not my thing. So I went back to Northrend, and let him go with his pod of Rhinos. Farewell, Shaggy, it's been a blast, and I hope you find your place out in the wild.

Arit and Shaggy over looking Hyjal.

Hit me again, Sam!
Name: Aritria
Exotics: Yes, please!
Restrictions: None
Rares I have: Loque, let go of Nuramoc out of not using him. Sigh.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kitchu/Sknot(Kitchu):
White Warp Stalker

Aritria:
Ghostly Blue Two-Headed Vulture

[/center]
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

I completely forgot to post my report on the blue tallstrider pet! :oops:

Anyway! I tamed one from out in the Swamp of Sorrows, giving her the name Gem. We did some dailies together and I played around with her a bit. The new run is interesting. Unfortunately, I did not keep her very long. The coloring was pretty and the new run is kind of cute, but it's just not a pet model I've ever connected with. She held aggro all right, but with multiple mobs, pulled by the Dust Cloud ability, she tended to go down pretty fast. The loud squalls and vocalizations did not appeal to me much with her either.

The Tame

View of Gem in game

And a little shot of the new run!

The details and realism is nice, but just not quite the right pet for Raun. She was cute though! :D

Another please!

Name: Raun
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None!
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Hello again Tyger! I've found myself with some free time around the holidays, and I certainly hope my fellow Petopians have as well! <3

I would love another randomized pet, this time for my female Troll Huntress.

Name: Ikult of <Petopians> *pride*
Exotics: I love Beast Mastery, any exotics are acceptable.
Restrictions: Ikult has most of the Spirit Beasts, and her prized pet is King Krush. She also has most of the Firelands rares (Deth, Solix, Skarr, Kirin, Ban'thalos).

Thank you very much!
Raziella
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Raziella »

I apologize for taking so long to do this!

I got the orange devilsaur. I already had a devilsaur before this, and they're very useful - they have a crit buff, and a health debuff, making them useful for both pve and pvp (especially for me, as I tend to get tunneled too much and forget I have a my own shot for that purpose >.>). Ever since I got this, I've been using this pet even more, and I have to say. I really like having a dinosaur following me around. She also matches my gronnstalker outfit.

My PvE spec is currently Marksman so I don't use her a lot for farming and things like that. But running around as BM, she keeps aggro just fine and having a ferocity pet around does help things mobs die faster. Her idle animation & sound is to roar which I quite like. It's one that I can stand (the cat idle animation & sound tends to annoy me after a while).

Sorry if this is a bit short and not well organized in terms of information. My mind fries when tired, and if I didn't do it now I probably wouldn't get around to it for another week, haha.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So, I apologize. I went away for a week to visit my family and forgot to leave word about it here. I will get new rolls out as soon as I have the free time.

[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I completely forgot I asked for a roll here. How long has it been? Derp.

My roll was for the Grey Tallstrider. This skin can only be found in Mulgore (Adult Plainstriders) and the Northern Barrens (Ornery Plainstriders), though there are plenty of them in both zones. The particular bird I tamed for this review was found in the north-east corner of Northern Barrens, between Nozzlepot's Outpost and Sludge Fens.
ImageImage

Truthfully I've been thinking of trying a tallstrider for some time, the skin choice being a toss up between this one, the brown and the white, so I'm pleased to have been given an excuse to get one. Tallstriders are pretty underused on my realm (Azjol-Nerub EU), which is a shame really. Thay have always struck me as proud creatures so, after a quick sift through the Name That Pet Name Index, I named this pretty boy Kiburi, which means proud in Swahili.

For idle animations tallstriders have three: the basic side-to-side sway while opening and closing their beak (which I like as it looks like they're smiling), stretching upward with a "silent caw" and of course the classic preen, all of which are found in hawkstriders who share the tallstrider skeleton. (Please disregard the photo-bombing haunt.)
ImageImage

Up close it's quite clear that the grey skin isn't completely grey with a red head, but also has shades of pink, purple and blue as the red head merges with the grey body all the way down to the belly. Quite the rainbow, given the dull-sounding name. But then rainbow-necked grey tallstrider is a bit more of a mouthful. Being a vanilla model Kib has low-res detailing, making it a little hard, for me anyway, to tell if Kiburi's supposed to be scaly or feathery and the mane and tail are woefully 2D. His face also looks odd from the front to me, but the rest of him makes up for that.

Before the latest patch tallstriders had their own, unique running animation where they held their heads high as they "pranced" around. Quite fitting, in my opinion. However with the introduction of tallstrider mounts the run was changed to that of the hawkstrider's, presumably for the benefit of the rider. There has been a few complaints about this, though I for one don't mind the change. I find it endearing really.
There is a small issue with speed it seems however, and Kib will occasionally run ahead and then slow down to a walk until level. That can get annoying if you're paying attention.

Attack-wise Kiburi only has two animations, a basic peck and a lunging strike where he'll lean back on one leg before coming down heavily on the target with his beak. I honestly can't tell if the other leg is being used to attack too or is simply like that for momentum.

The tallstrider family special is Dust Cloud, which reduces the melee and ranged attack speed of all enemies in range by 20% for 30 seconds. Initially the cool-down is 40 seconds, allowing the enemies in a long fight a 10-second reprieve for non-Beast Masters. However a Beast Master with the 3/3 Longevity talent can reduce it down to 17.5 seconds, allowing the debuff to be applied permanently. This can be beneficial for the hunter or the tank in a group while in physical-heavy areas. Foxes share this ability in their Tail Spin, and so can make a more furry, if noisier, alternative should the tallstrider be preferred as Christmas dinner. The cloud also shows up in combat, looking as much as it sounds like: a cloud of dust.

As a bird tallstriders let out screeches, squawks and caws while fighting and taking damage, and a clucking sound when they die. The sounds are relatively quiet and can be ignored easily, especially at range and while in a group with plenty of other noises to drown it out. Outside of combat they make no sound what-so-ever, so tallstriders can be considered good pets for those who prefer quiet companions.

As a ferocity pet I specced Kib for max damage and took him through a random Hour of Twilight heroic. I was a little bit apprehensive to start with, knowing that people will still complain or joke about tallstrider pets. Thankfully no one in this group voiced any negatives about Kib, and we pulled some pretty decent dps together. It was nigh impossible to get a decent screenshot as the paladin insisted on standing on the poor bird the entire time.

I haven't yet decided how I feel about Kib. I've always had difficulties bonding with a tallstrider and also already have a fox (even if he technically is the guild mascot). He'll stay for a while longer, but I enjoyed the time I've spent with him thus far. He'll be staying until I make up my mind.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I may not play WoW anymore, but I still love tallstriders; they're some of my favorite pets, and seeing your guys' screenshots reminds me of why I love them so much. ^_^

Raun:
Blue Warpstalker

Ikult:
Yellow and Green Core Hound

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

And since im back in the game, sure lets have a roll :D

Name: Tårnfalk
Exotics: sure
Restrictions: no rares which i havent alrdy tame. i got Pogy, Zaricotl, Sambas, The Razza, King Krush, Ashtail, Uhk'loc, Terrorpene, Old Cliff Jumper and Grubthor

and one for my bloodelf. i havent played her in AGES. maybe a pe challenge will revive my love for her

Name: Kahlua
Level: 77
Exotics: Sure
Restrictions: No rare

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tårnfalk:
White Turtle

Tårnfalk(Kahlua):
White Crab

[/center]
CandidHeartbeat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Thrall-US [Horde], Moon Guard-US [Alliance]

Unread post by CandidHeartbeat »

Name: Raevon of Thrall-US
Level: 44.
Exotics: No.
Restrictions: No Tallstriders, or Hyenas [she has both.]
Last edited by CandidHeartbeat on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kahluas Repport on the white crab :

It was pretty eazy to find the crab. just outside orgimar. So the taming was eazy

First thing which struck me, was how pale it was, so i named her pale. (I got a female vibe from it.. dont ask why :P)
it somehow matches my transmorg gear so that was a pleasent suprise :D

Figthing animations.. This girl doenst do alot of animation, first attack with one claw, then the other. one more then the other ( i soo cannot tell rigth from left when it figths) . I really like the crabs expression. Its like its saying " I PINCH YOU! " when it attacks. The second attack photo it looks ilke she is saying,, " YOU WANT MORE DO YOU? " Loads of personality i think, evenhough there isnt alot of figthing animations

One thing which bugs me about this color, is the jaw of the crab. for some reason its pink?? that really turned me off

Idle animation: A crab (at least this one )is a real active idle pet. The cute looking eyes on a stick almost never stand still. first look to one side then the other

I went to a dungeon to see if i could bond with my newfound friend.,, but alas, the color is just not for me. The green/aqua stribes are really nice, but i think its nicer when i dont highlight the crab. For some reason that makes them more vivd , at least to my eye. So eventhough i really like the crab, this particually color will not have a permanent spot in Kahluas stable

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Here is Tårnfalks report on the White turtle

First off, i do like the white turtle model. although its a bit dull I like the body, but the shell is kinda boring to me. I took this picture at night, but the white color of the body is realy shiny in the rigth enviroment. And like a true albino, Marji has red eyes :D

Fighting animation.. Marji bites! She streches her neck, and bits up, or like streches her neck out and bit straigth ahead. He special ability is what makes turtles such awesome tanks, shell shield. I know that they share that ability with beeltes, but to me a turtle is THE perfect tank.

To me turtles have a ton of personality, but marji wont be staying, eventhough she is cute, One turtle is enough for one hunter, and for tårnfalk it is terrorpene. And the white color, is a bit to dull for my hordie hunter. I set Marji free in sholari basing, loads of grass and water. what more does a turtle need.

its really wird but i love doing these challenges,, but not on tårnfalk so again if you please but only Kahlua :D

Name: Kahlua
Level: 77
Exotics: Sure
Restrictions: No rare