Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by Aeliel »

Cialbi wrote:@Foru21dr: To confirm, the Gorishi Fledgling Colossus the only boss-ithid that makes the random 'thump' noise?
No, all of the boss-ithids (nice term :D) do the random "thump", as far as I know. I tamed Ainamiss (pink Tanaris rarespawn) and she thumped; I tamed Yauj (AQ40) and she thumped; I tamed Kri (also AQ40) and he thumps, he ended up being the one I kept and I called him "Thunk" because of it. :D I haven't personally heard Harakiss (blue Tanaris rarespawn), Buru (AQ20) or Vem (AQ40), but chances are they all thump.
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

First time doing this :D My main 2 hunters stables are full, so here I go on my third baby.

Name: Samarayan (forum Samarachan)
Level: 22, about to be 23 tho
Exotics: too low
Restrictions: None, willing to travel long distances and camp rare mobs :) (maybe not monkeys)

I also level pretty fast, will try to update my level asap.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

@Kormai: Vitani's not my main. I have death knight and druid that are both 85, and the death knight is, at the moment, my main that I'm using for my guild (we have enough hunters that play them as their main as it is). These pet challenges are one of the ways I still get to enjoy time on my hunter. :)

I also go dabble on my warlock and baby hunter over on WRA. And I work. So poor Vitani doesn't always get a lot of play time, even if hunters are one of my favorite classes. :P

Anywho, I'll be going to check up on a purple hyena in a bit (or maybe tomorrow, just got a Razer Naga to play with ;) ). Been eyeing hyenas but not really liking any skins since I can't get over how little I'd need their new debuff, but I look forward to going and testing this guy. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

Since I went to Wailing Caverns to get this pet, many raptors and a few Night Elves died to bring this review. (It's a dangerous world if you drop a mini pet)

The first thing I noticed is the wonderful coloring this serpent has. I never noticed this before. I've never been interested in these pets before and never had one. The aqua and purple/pink is beautiful.

One thing that jumped out at me, when I started placing talent points, I was unable to pick up Mobility. The description said one point must be in Dive. Well, it was in Dash, which is the Dive for cunning pets that lack wings. Even checking the next day, it still would not let me get that ability.

I didn't have much time tonight to play, but I took my new pet Sky to kill some crocs in Tol Barad. He held aggro reasonably well and didn't require much healing even at 82. I could have happily sat there amid the crazy respawns and farmed leather with no worries at all. The combat noises are largely hisses and such. They never got too loud or annoyed me in any way. I thought they sounded quite nice.

Having a pet with no legs, I found a bit unnerving. It was far better than "flap,flap,flap,flap" I do admit. The animations when he is summoned I just loved. If I had Fraps I would have recorded it and linked it. He sort of swirls up from the ground when summoned. I think that is my favorite thing about this family now.
The swim animation looks very natural for a snake. I quite enjoyed it. Sky flattened out and slithered through the water. The way his scales shined it was almost relaxing to just watch him swim.
I didn't have a chance to get into a BG to try that out unfortunately.

While I don't think a serpent is a pet for me, I certainly have a new found appreciation for them, and can understand why they would make someone very happy to have at their side. :)
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Thanks for the rolls, Cialbi. I just had a long day at school and work, so I'll get on my reviews tomorrow. Could I request a reroll for Lydeea though? She already has the black windserpent, though I guess I could do a a review on Shock if it's too much trouble for you. /avoiding aggro

Name: Lydeea
Level: 43
Preferences/Restrictions: mostly black or white pets please. No monkeys, gorillas, tallstriders or open, gapping wound undeads.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Xelophant82
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bloodhoof

Unread post by Xelophant82 »

I'll give this a go. Sounds like it would be intersting.

Name - Xeah
Level - 85
Exotic - Can tame anything
Restrictions - Dogs, Wolves, Cats, and Birds. I'm good for anything else.
Serendipity82
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

I would TOTALLY tame a Nethray on Elsi, except that she is level 46 >_> If you'd like I"ll go tame him on Myri and you can re-roll something different for Elsi.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

Cialbi wrote:Nice reviews!
@Acherontia: I actually consider the snare that crocs apply to be a nice threat bonus for tanking, as well as giving your pet time to reclaim aggro when fighting something that has an aggro wipe mechanic (grr, ZG berserkers... *twitch*). So, I consider Ninja to be very much worthwhile keeping; have your beetle as your high-damage mitigation tank, and have Ninja be your high threat tank.
...as you may have observed, I'd hate to see Ninja be cast out of the stable when you actually like the model!
@Foru21dr: To confirm, the Gorishi Fledgling Colossus the only boss-ithid that makes the random 'thump' noise?

...and, I will be able to tame a Vale Howler today! :D
Already have a name picked out, and a list of things that Cialbi needs to do anyways. I do not plan on keeping the little ape, though.
Once again, sorry for the delay (I, like Miraga, have been suffering from college overload).
Nope Harakiss makes the same noise. Tis only the boss sithlids that do. Drove me crazy for quite a while trying to figure out where that noise was coming from. Hara loved to supprise me at the most unexpected times for that noise. Gotten use to it now, but it doesn't really make sense to me why she even has that noise. Does not coordinate with any animation that I can see.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I'm ready for another round.

Name: Bitka
Level: 85
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: Will try anything.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Neko
Realm: Moonguard, Kirin Tor

Unread post by Neko »

Challenge for Corealinas:
Dark Green Ravager.
I went over to get the dark green ravager in the outlands. I didn't have to fly far to find my prey.
I watched the Ravagers for a little while scoping out the perfect Ravager. Finally one caught my eye. It was poking around the rocks and generally having a good time shuffling along. I snuck up on it and started the tame.

All went well, and I have yet to find a name for him. I tested him out in pvp. As i went thru the pvp zone I found i was being targeted more than usual. Also the fact that my targets were panicking more than usual. I guess that a Dark green Ravager chasing after you with glowing red eyes would be scary.

All in all a perfect pvp pet that day. We had lots of melee on our team and his debuff of 4% increased physical damage everyone this little Ravager was going after went down! Ravagers have my vote as a pvp pet.

On looks this guys colors were nice they didn't make me want to return him to the wild. I love his glowing red eyes!

Okay now onto Morzaht.

Her challenge was to tame a Yellow Wind serpent.

As Morzaht is now 24 due to doing dungeons as she traveled to pick up the wind serpent it was a very easy tame.

I did a few more dungeons with Peaches my new wind serpent. My great surprise is that they were very capable and unlike my raptor didn't dart off at the first pair of eyes that landed on me. :lol: I didn't try him out in pvp yet but I am sure it will be glorious. I love the debuff on enemies that makes them take increased magic damage by 8%. It made Morzaht's dps soar way above the others. :D

The coloring of the wind serpent is odd. It is mostly yellow with a slight green tint like an unripe peach really. Thus the name.

I loved this challenge as it brought both my hunters in touch with new pets that made things exciting.

Re-rolling for more fun.

Corealinas
lvl85 Beast master/Survival
Exotics? Yes please.
No gorillas, wind serpents, spirit beasts.

Morzaht
lvl24 Survival
Exotics? not high enough lvl
No wind serpents.
Draenei, 25000 years old and that's not even middle aged.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Today I made friends with a green sporebat.

I popped over to Zangar and located a green one, which took a while, since everything looks blue there. Upon locating one, I tamed it and named it Squishy.

Sporebats hover, unlike most flying pets - they don't have that constant flapping motion. They do wiggle their little flippers now and then, but mostly they just hang there in the air and squish. Their eyes, undersides and dangley bits glow, and they have a spore effect falling from them (looks like luminous dust). I will say that their middle dangley bit *does* resemble something naughty (I've heard people mention this about sporebats before), but it didn't bother me, really. When they run along with you, they just glide through the air with a swirling motion, and they do the same when swimming. Their special ability slows enemies' casting speed. They also twirl and flip as they attack, making a soft WOOO! noise.

I was very pleased with his color scheme. It's pretty!

Squishy and I ran around Zangar for a few minutes, before heading out to heroic Sethekk to kill Anzu. No mount, but the sporebat handled everything quite well. He was a little... well... squishy.... but that's to be expected from a non-Tenacity pet.

While stealthed, their eyes and danglies glow, and they still have their spore effect.

I played around with him in Twilight Highlands before doing dailies. His special ability, spore cloud, has a greenish yellow cloud effect.

Squishy ended up coming along to all of my dailies.

Indeed, Squishy has earned his place in my stable. I really don't know why.... I just think he's adorable (I seem to think the strangest things are cute). His dps isn't amazing, but perhaps his spore cloud might come in handy in some instance or other. Plus, he's just funny. I leveled him all the way up tonight, I enjoyed him so much. Being Survival spec, I'm in the habit of misdirecting on every pull, so I didn't notice any aggro problems.

Anyways... I didn't expect there to be a sporebat in my stable. I'm glad I had a reason to try one out.
Last edited by Kalhoun on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
sabiitoothtiger
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by sabiitoothtiger »

Oh, this is so cool!

Name: Ero
Level: 1-85
Exotics: Sure!
Restrictions: Monkeys, Mastiff or Boars. Just not a fan of them.
Last edited by sabiitoothtiger on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

A few days ago, I tracked down the beautiful Ashtail within the Hills of Loch Modan. Indeed it only took me a few moments to find the cutie, but... I forgot to take screenshots of mah tame! D:

But here she is regardless. I decided to name her Bleu, the French work for Blue.
Bleu used Tailspin! It's super effective!
Bleu used Tailspin! It's super effective!
WoWScrnShot_012711_015846.jpg (142.47 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
Now, she is classified as a 'Gray Fox' to some, but in all honestly, she looks more blue or perhaps Blueish gray. They retain the same Coyote-Wolf like model as the normal wolves do in this game... Right down to the howling. That's odd since foxes do not howl, however they do have an adorable dance (A reference to Fox and the Hound in the ability) and an interesting ability, 'Tailspin' reducing the targets melee attack speed.

I took her on one Lost City run, in which she did very well, save the tank making a joke about her being blue. << >>; But regardless, she leveled up and performed like I hoped.

I also took her on some Tol Barad dailies! I thought she should take a look at some of the nice male foxes there! Perhaps a mate and a... Fox Kit would be in order, hmm? ;3
Cutie!
Cutie!
WoWScrnShot_012711_015946.jpg (222.11 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
Yeah... That didn't work out so well... However, I have a feeling I'll keep Bleu as the sister... or mate of my black fox Noir. Both have captured my heart and both also have named based off their color and the french words for them. Bleu showed her true colors... Tis a same I forgot more screenshots. =(

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

ok so i got a coyote for my challenge and here is the scoop:

Swimming emote is cute cause its like a reg wolf/dog :)
DPS: imo real good :)
Skin color: nice
Model/actions when just chillin: i like the model and the little things they do like scratch behind their ears and sniff the ground i feel is real cute
All in All: I think these pets are super cool, i had no prob having him keep aggro with just growl and did real nice dps :D took him into CoC ( crucible of carnage) and he did real good. I feel this is a real nie pet to have can have alot of fun with them!! i rate them 10 out of 10!! and there are a few colors you can get too, or get one that barks which is what i nabbed. I am now torn though between barking wolf or a grey one... Sooo :) any help in deciding is good help LOL :D

and here are the pics linked

and ill take another

Siliverin
Lvl 85
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: no mokeys gorillas mastiffs spiders
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012511_203053.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012511_203053.jpg (686.57 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
WoWScrnShot_012511_203137.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012511_203137.jpg (532.03 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
WoWScrnShot_012511_195752.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012511_195752.jpg (203.83 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
Swimming
Swimming
WoWScrnShot_012511_194445.jpg (398.01 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
taming
taming
WoWScrnShot_012511_192926.jpg (873.44 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
sabiitoothtiger
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by sabiitoothtiger »

Aleu wrote:A few days ago, I tracked down the beautiful Ashtail within the Hills of Loch Modan. Indeed it only took me a few moments to find the cutie, but... I forgot to take screenshots of mah tame! D:

But here she is regardless. I decided to name her Bleu, the French work for Blue.
WoWScrnShot_012711_015846.jpg
Now, she is classified as a 'Gray Fox' to some, but in all honestly, she looks more blue or perhaps Blueish gray. They retain the same Coyote-Wolf like model as the normal wolves do in this game... Right down to the howling. That's odd since foxes do not howl, however they do have an adorable dance (A reference to Fox and the Hound in the ability) and an interesting ability, 'Tailspin' reducing the targets melee attack speed.

I took her on one Lost City run, in which she did very well, save the tank making a joke about her being blue. << >>; But regardless, she leveled up and performed like I hoped.

I also took her on some Tol Barad dailies! I thought she should take a look at some of the nice male foxes there! Perhaps a mate and a... Fox Kit would be in order, hmm? ;3
WoWScrnShot_012711_015946.jpg
Yeah... That didn't work out so well... However, I have a feeling I'll keep Bleu as the sister... or mate of my black fox Noir. Both have captured my heart and both also have named based off their color and the french words for them. Bleu showed her true colors... Tis a same I forgot more screenshots. =(
I kid you not I saw you just about an hour ago on my Hunter, Ero. The name you gave Ashtail jogged my memory. I was sitting in Orgrimmar talking to some guild mates and I spotted your Bleu dancing up on the flightmaster's rise!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Cialbi wrote:Nice reviews!
@Acherontia: I actually consider the snare that crocs apply to be a nice threat bonus for tanking, as well as giving your pet time to reclaim aggro when fighting something that has an aggro wipe mechanic (grr, ZG berserkers... *twitch*). So, I consider Ninja to be very much worthwhile keeping; have your beetle as your high-damage mitigation tank, and have Ninja be your high threat tank.
And then I have to justify my green Madexx, and my Gezzarak, and... :lol:

And maybe after that I can come up with a reason for my having 4-5 wolves!
Cayani
Realm: EU Gilneas

Unread post by Cayani »

Sounds funny, i'll try :D

Name: Amayen
Level: 85
Exotic: yes
Restrictions: Monkeys, Bats, Spiders, Boars
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Cerah wrote:Thanks for the rolls, Cialbi. I just had a long day at school and work, so I'll get on my reviews tomorrow. Could I request a reroll for Lydeea though? She already has the black windserpent, though I guess I could do a a review on Shock if it's too much trouble for you. /avoiding aggro

Name: Lydeea
Level: 43
Preferences/Restrictions: mostly black or white pets please. No monkeys, gorillas, tallstriders or open, gapping wound undeads.
While I do very much appreciate getting thanks as much as the next person, shouldn't you be thanking Kormai? ;)
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Miraga: Don't worry I hate spiders too and rolled one for myself on Kormai a while back. He grew on me and looked cool with Kormai so I kept him. So far.

Acherontia: Thank you so much for all the pictures and the very detailed review! I hope you decide to keep her, Baby Nesingwary Kormai loves her very much.

Pawtrack: *rolls red lynx* "Ha this one should be easy for a lowbie Horde to get to! Unlike the last pet I gave them" *realizes Pawtrack is a Nelf* "o.O oops?" Sawwie :(, I'm gald you got a pet you liked out of it though!

Bitka: My god that bug is huge!

Merlynshade: Yeah, I really dislike the monkeys as well. :( I tried to like them, same with Gorillas...I just can't.

Airwyn: Kormai tried that moth out but it didn't quite fit her colour scheme. Though I agree she is very pretty.

Syriana: You only killed a few Nelfs? awwwww....I mean, that's terrible! You shouldn't be killing Nelfs. Also that serpent is really really really pretty!!!! :O I may have to tame that one on Kari!

Cerah: I will reroll for you, 2/3 ain't bad.

Serendipity: o.O How on Azeroth did I miss that!? A reroll for Elsi will be below. Sorry about that!

Neko: Glad you liked the ravager...and I'm glad your enemies didn't! And mmmmmm Peches hehehehe.

Kalhoun: awwwwwww! I like the Sporebats too. I couldn't find a use for them so I released the one I had but that makes me want it back!

Aleu: That last picture is cute though...she's making friends! Wait...no why are you killing it? *sigh* LOL

K so my dad is getting impatient and I have to sell our old train set and run some other errands with him before I do the rolls. -_-
Last edited by Kormai on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Tydarus
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Tydarus »

I want in!

Name: Tydarus
Level: 61
Exotics: Not yet
Restrictions: No monkeys or coyotes please