Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Random "Pet Theme" Challenge

Unread post by Acherontia »

For Miraga:

Bugs!

ImageImageImageImage

Orange Beetle, White Moth, Yellow Scorpid, White Worm!

For Shazana:

Jungle Pets!

ImageImageImageImage

Sabre Tiger, Green Parrot, White Croc and Red Gorilla!

For Rosebeef:

Gothic Pets!

ImageImageImageImage

Black Red-Eyed Cat, Black Warp Stalker, Red-black Bone Spider, and Red Demon Hound!

This is assuming any of you are still interested--hadn't seen these come up!! Oh, and Rosebeef, I tried to snag some hard ones for you--if any are TOO hard just shout & I'll reroll!

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I'm going to work on these tonight! :D tyvm!! <3
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Name & Level: Chelmilla, 16 OTL
Exotics: Nooooo. :C
Pet Slots: 4
Restrictions: Mmm, maybe not the "gothic" theme? Seems a little too obvious in conjunction with a worgen, is all.
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): Chel
Additional Notes: Nada. c:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Ooh looks interesting, may give it a try :)

Name: Litlemouse
Level: 85
Exotics: Yea!
Pet Slots: I'll take 4 :3
Restrictions: Nothing I already have, you can check my armory page. Other than that, anything! Even rares! :)
Armory link: Litlemouse's pets
X-tra notes: it may be awhile until I do this because I probably won't be playing WoW this week or possibly this month.

EDIT: Oops sorry, didn't see the posts about not eliminating by armory page, just ignore that.

PandaMao
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by PandaMao »

This sounds like a fun challenge ^_^

Name & Level: Alassra, 70
Exotics: Yes
Pet Slots: 4
Restrictions: None at all. I'm game for whatever. Even rares
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... sra/simple
Additional Notes: My first time doing this, but it sounds fun
Vinessa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ysondre - US

Unread post by Vinessa »

Started with the Kitty :) easy to get there, but the tame wasnt at all...
oh god, first attempt failed, i was lagged! cmon!

as the first place didnt worked, went to the usual tame-place... but, i failed :(

and, finally tamed :D

Then, went for the Dog, i wanted something a little more hard, so i decided to take Verek :P
at the start, that lava was really interesting...
haha :lol: :)

There we go... BRD :geek:

Whos next? tha spider mon! :lol:

GEZZARAK!! :o (the Huntress) :) :!: :!: :!:

this was probably the funniest one, cause she was just knockbacking me everytime my tame beast was at 0.2 seconds ._.
i was mad, about to fd and get my Core Hound, but when i got knockbacked, successfully tamed her :D :D

im going to keep Gezzarak :D
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Just wondering if this is still a thing or if it died.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

If it is still going on, give me an assignment for my new hunter.

Name: Sidhé
Level: She is currently ten, but give a theme to 30, that way I have a goal to level her towards.
Exotics: not yet
Pet Slots: Have up to 20 available.
Restrictions: None yet.
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): Fourth image in my siggy
Additional Notes: I like challenges.
Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Unread post by Kylah »

This looks like sooo much fun =D

Name & Level: Kylah, Currently 31, but I'll take all the way up to 35, since I will be leveling her in the next few days
Exotics: Not yet =(
Pet Slots: I'll take up to 5 ^^
Restrictions: No diseased pets please? I don't like them >< I do like scorpids and bugs though, so I'll happily tame them =P
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... lah/simple

My cats don't look right in that armory link :cry: The one called cat is going to be named Phantom when I log on, because he's the ghost saber =D and the others are actually the sabretooth cat mount-ish model =p

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

Siladria
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Siladria »

Name & Level: Siladria, level 85
Pet Slots: 5
Restrictions: No Shale Spiders. Hate the noise
Armory Link/Screenshot (Optional): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... ladria/pet
Additional Notes:
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Poke me if this thread goes "dormant"--I totally forgot to check up on it o.o Apologies, and here's rolls if folks still wanted to do them! :P

For Chelmilla:

Safari Theme!

ImageImageImageImage

Lion, Hyena, Eagle, and Golden Crocolisk!

For Litlemouse:

Bioluminescent Pets!

ImageImageImage

Blue Runed Dog, Purple Firefly, and Brown Sporebat!

(By the looks of things--as this post is massively old and I'm bad at keeping up--your stable's pretty full; if you still want to do it I only put in 3 instead of 4 for that reason >.<)

For Alassra:

Demonic Pets!

ImageImageImageImage

Gold Spiky Raptor, Gray Demon Dog, Golden Felboar and Orange Ravager!

For Sidhé:

Venomous Pets!

ImageImageImage

Green Firefly-Wasp, The "YOU LIKE CHALLENGES EY" Spider, and Violet Serpent!

For Kylah:

Bug Theme!

ImageImageImageImage

Grey Moth, Golden-brown Beetle, Gray Tarantula and Pink Wasp!

For Siladria:

Scifi Pets!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Red Warp Stalker, Golden Outland Chimaera, Black Felboar, Violet Nether Ray, and Dark Red Ravager!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Looks awesome! I'll be sure to get on this as soon as I can!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Alleryn
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Alleryn »

I wanna play!

Name & Level: Alleryn, 85
Slots: 6
Restrictions: No cats; I'm reaching crazy cat lady levels in my stable. <.< No worgs; I'm already intimately familiar with them, and looking to branch out! :D
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm thinking Demonic again!

For Alleryn:

Demonic Pets!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Red Bat, Red Felboar, Red Demon Dog, Fel Raptor, and Orange Ravager!

Alleryn

Unread post by Alleryn »

Oo, this looks fun! I've never worked with any of these families except the ravager, and that was way back in BC.
Alleryn

Unread post by Alleryn »

Demonic Theme!

Sangria, the Red Bat

I've actually always been tempted to try out a bat, since I think they're neat, and I actually love them in real life. Unfortunately, my love of wolves and cats, combined with their better special abilities for PvE, kept me within those families for the most part. So this was a great excuse to really give a bat a try.

I'm actually pretty impressed with how well this model has held up over the years. Granted, it could probably use a few more polygons, but compared to some other vanilla-era models, it's pretty damn good! Plus I love how big he is at 85, although I can imagine that could be pretty annoying in some situations, with his wings getting in the way of everything.

There is one thing that bugs me about all bats though, and that's this:

The gap between the front and hind legs where the wing membrane doesn't actually attach to the body. I know it was done on purpose, so bats could be used as taxis, but it still irritates me when I notice it.

I headed to the Molten Front to beat up some of the mobs there and try out my new pets in combat. I enjoy the chittering sound Sangria make when he heads to attack something, but his actual in-combat sounds get really old, really quick. That's unfortunate. Still, he held his own very well against a lava burster; he seems like a nice, sturdy pet who can also dish out some respectable damage.

Arioch, the Red Demon Dog

From way back in vanilla I'd wished the demon dogs were actually beasts instead of demons, so I was thrilled when they were turned into wolves back in Wrath. I used one for a little while, but ended up switching back to a saber worg before long, mostly because back then the demon dog movements didn't seem quite right; they never seemed to run alongside you, only waddle very quickly.

So the first thing I noticed was my new hound actually -shrank- after I tamed him! He ended up downright dinky, even at 85. That was a little disappointing. I love his model though, pretty much everything about it: the big teeth, the mane, his huge paws and their massive claws. It's just a neat look all around.

His animations are great too. While idle, he'll sometimes bounce and snap at the air, as if saying, "Hurry up! Stop standing around! Let's go find some people to bite!" His running animation is a very smooth, bounding sort of gait that I find really appealing. Even his sounds are awesome, the way he snarls as he attacks. It was great fun watching him chew on his former dwarven masters in Blackrock Depths.

Against the Lava Burster, Arioch was less sturdy than Sangria, but definitely still held his own, dishing out some good damage by himself before I stepped in to lend a hand.

I might actually be keeping this little guy around. :)

Brute, the Red Felboar

Now this is a family that's totally new to me. I've never had a boar pet, and never been interested in one. None of them struck my fancy at all. So this tame was a totally new experience!

Right after I tamed my new Brute, I noticed his idle animations are actually pretty cute and fun. He'll swing his head back and forth, or snuffle at the ground and wiggle his butt. It's surprisingly adorable! And his run just made me laugh; it's this flailing sort of gallop that makes me giggle every time I see it.

Conveniently, right as Brute and I were getting to know each other, a Fel Reaver came wandering by. I immediately sicced my new boar on it to see what he could do, and he kicked that robot's ass, without me ever seeing a change in his health. Then he came galumphing back to me, as smug as you please. I'm finding him a lot more appealing than I thought I would!

I was surprised at how well Brute did against the Lava Burster (poor worm, he just can't get a break from me today). Not only did his Silverback talent (growl heals him) keep him above 85% health the whole time, but he killed the Burster almost as fast as a ferocity or cunning pet. I was pretty impressed!

Reliq, the Orange Ravager

I haven't used a ravager since back in my Burning Crusade days, and I actually ended up hating them, thanks to a rather tyrannical raid leader who forced all his hunters to use them, under the threat of not raiding if we didn't. So I haven't touched a ravager since I left that guild back in early 2008 or so. This is going to be interesting.

The orange and black look is one of the best ones out there. It's very striking! I like it a lot, although my favorite will always be the orange and purple you see on the Gore-Scythes up in Blade's Edge. I'm not sure what I make of all the spikes and big teeth and apparently eternal crankiness, though. And how exactly do ravagers eat?

I actually really like the insectile skittering sound Reliq makes as he runs, as it suits the bug-like look of a ravager. He could do with another set of legs though, maybe.

In battle with that poor, beleaguered Lava Burster... well, unfortunately all I can find to say is that Reliq performed as well as any other cunning pet. I just don't find him terribly appealing as a pet, either because of my experiences back in Burning Crusade, or the family just doesn't strike my fancy.

Ravage, the Fel Raptor

First things first: I love the wicked grin that the spiked raptors seem to have. It's just great and really helps give them some personality.

Raptors in general are another family whose running animation is just so aesthetically pleasing to me. Hell, all their animations are! I've always loved watching the way a raptor leaps up and claws at the enemy with their massive toe talons. And when they walk, they just kind of strut, like they -know- they're cool.

Against our old foe, the Lava Burster, Ravage was a beast. It was really amazing to watch him; he really seemed like a fierce, savage warrior, going up against the magma worm with everything that he had. He was going to disembowel it, and have fun doing it! I think he could be a lot of fun to quest with.

All in all, I was surprised at how much I ended up liking four out of five of these pets, the boar especially. Although I'll be releasing Sangria, Brute, and Reliq back into the wild, I think Arioch and Ravage will be finding a permanent home in my stable.

...I hope Arioch can get along with all my cats...
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think I'll have a go at this. :)

Name: Ruffley
Level: 38 (feel free to roll up some, gives me a reason to level her)
Exotics: Not Yet
Slots: About 10 or so
No Restrictions

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

XD This is awesome as most of her pets are orange themed! I'll be getting on this within the next few days. I might try and do a pet a day or something depending on how I feel and how lazy I get. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ha! If too many are overlaps, let me know and I'll roll a new set, lol :P