TAMABLE HYDRAS? (patch 4.1 on PTR, no tamables found yet)

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Maqueda
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Horde

Re: TAMABLE HYDRAS? (patch 4.1 on PTR, no tamables found yet

Unread post by Maqueda »

Sorry >< I did read through, but my brain sometimes leaves details behind and they wind up in the corners and under the fridge as dust bunnies.. >_> /hangs head in shame
If you don't like it, fix it. If you don't fix it, deal with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your: As in "Your grammar sucks."
You're: As in "You're an idiot for not knowing the difference."
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Wow.. I swear if Hydras are tameable I am about ready to pass out.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Maqueda wrote:Sorry >< I did read through, but my brain sometimes leaves details behind and they wind up in the corners and under the fridge as dust bunnies.. >_> /hangs head in shame
No worries. :)

Lazur: No tamable ones have been found yet, but a great many of us are hoping Blizzard will make them so. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

This would be a MASSIVE dump that Blizz hits us with if they leaked false info just to be jerks. I wont stop playing wow, but my interest will be way down
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

When is this patch expected to go live anyways?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

Redith wrote:This would be a MASSIVE dump that Blizz hits us with if they leaked false info just to be jerks. I wont stop playing wow, but my interest will be way down
I highly doubt they would do that...Blizzard does, in fact, care about their customers. Also, I'm fairly certain they didn't leak anything. MMO Champion did. And MMO Champion can jump the gun sometimes. (Hope I used that right...)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lohuran wrote:
Redith wrote:This would be a MASSIVE dump that Blizz hits us with if they leaked false info just to be jerks. I wont stop playing wow, but my interest will be way down
I highly doubt they would do that...Blizzard does, in fact, care about their customers. Also, I'm fairly certain they didn't leak anything. MMO Champion did. And MMO Champion can jump the gun sometimes. (Hope I used that right...)
Exactly! :)
Boubille datamined the information. It's not official from Blizzard unless it's a blue post--that's why Boub changed his datamining posts to the green, MMO-C typing so we can see the difference more clearly. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Makoes wrote:When is this patch expected to go live anyways?
It's a month+ away. As for exact date god knows there is still a LOT of testing to be done.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ariamodasu wrote:
Makoes wrote:When is this patch expected to go live anyways?
It's a month+ away. As for exact date god knows there is still a LOT of testing to be done.
To add to this, Blizzard's motto is "It's done when it's done." :)

[/center]
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

removed :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rawr on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rawr wrote:Hey guys, I got a post on the official PTR forums. Wondering if one or more of you could bump it some time..................... It's getting lonely :( . I'm not letting it off the front page till we get an answer! It's by Darzul, and its titled "Whats With The Hydra Patch Notes??" Have had only a few other hunters post on it, I was thinking that if more posted they might take notice and stop brushing us off. :mrgreen:
Sorry, but I found the thread you started had a tone of being pushy and demanding, with lots of impatient bumps in quick succession. I suspect that won't be high on their list of replies.

(Threads that are bumped that often are frequently locked... just saying it could well not get the result you're after)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Rawr wrote:Hey guys, I got a post on the official PTR forums.
One thing that I notice: you comment on how Blizzard put things in the patch notes about hydras. The thing is, Blizzard has *never* put things in the patch notes about hydras. That was put in by MMO-Champ, and was never official information.

Also, I'm in agreement with Wain here: the tone of your posting, particularly the frequent bumps, is not really a tone that gets people answered by Blizzard. I find that it is a little too close to 'entitled' for my liking! :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Personally I'm just happy they're considering it though hope Ghost Hydras get fixed into a stable state whatever they choose to before Live :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kurasu wrote:
Rawr wrote:Hey guys, I got a post on the official PTR forums.
One thing that I notice: you comment on how Blizzard put things in the patch notes about hydras. The thing is, Blizzard has *never* put things in the patch notes about hydras. That was put in by MMO-Champ, and was never official information.

Also, I'm in agreement with Wain here: the tone of your posting, particularly the frequent bumps, is not really a tone that gets people answered by Blizzard. I find that it is a little too close to 'entitled' for my liking! :(
To add on to this, the whole reason Boub started posting stuff on MMO-C in two different styles was to help prevent confusion from what he datamines and what Blizzard actually posts. Anything posted in the green, MMO-C style is just Boub's datamining and may or may not be official. It's not official until the blue posts go out.

When Blizzard's ready to tell us about hydras, they will.

[/center]
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I'll change it to say it was data mined, sorry I was misled into thinking it was on the official patch notes :oops: and that was all the big fuss was about.....if it was just data mined then this could end up like the sparkle pony and we don't see them till the end of Cata or never, suddenly not getting my hopes up seems like a good idea........ Sorry about that I'll let this die. Also it has so may bumps because I was trying to keep it off the 3rd page. After I can't find it on the 2nd page I bump it. (a few of those are like one or two seconds off because my computer is slow for some reason and I didn't see it right away :oops: ) :mrgreen:

Edit @ TygerDarkstorm: Everyone was just in a big uproar about it saying was there and now it's not, and all the links that were given were to Blue posts and PTR Patch Notes, I never saw the actual post (I'm thinking it was on then off so fast most people missed it too.) I was just going on what people on the forums were saying. This is looking like a big let down to me. If they keep taking it off and on, and no one is saying why them maybe they are trying NOT to get our hopes up and someone just made the mistake of posting them, then quickly corrected said mistake. I was really hoping on having one for a pet. Oh well, such a big let down, this is getting depressing..................

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Given that in the PTR, the Hydralisks are being affected by changes being made to hydras (thier own icon, possible new tamable abilities, no deffined telant tree etc) The chances are good that Hydra's will be tamable and the hydralisk will convert to its proper family. Its just a matter more of When then IF. (thats what it seems to me) At the moment all we can do is wait it out and have those in the PTR with hydralisks keep an eye on whats going on with thier buddies.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Being one of those people with hydralisks, I can assure you this is something I've been checking every single time I've logged in to the PTR. :)

... well, every single time I wasn't getting kicked off because of the bad sky. :(

EDIT: Seems there's a content patch to download. Hopefully that's a good sign!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

Sadly, I doubt Hydras will become tamable. Just sayin'.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

the evidence datamined this patch really begs to differ.......with the spell for being a tameable pet *tamed pet passive DND(hydra) and an ability called bellowing roar that specifically states the hydra buffs party and raid member's stats its gonna be hard to disprove that

also all hydras i can find have a diet on beast lore

if they are indeed becoming tameable i cant wait for blizz to flip the switch
right now it looks like they arent exotic either so this might be blizz giving non BM hunter acess t the 5% crit buff that devilsaurs have right now
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Zangor wrote:the evidence datamined this patch really begs to differ.......with the spell for being a tameable pet *tamed pet passive DND(hydra) and an ability called bellowing roar that specifically states the hydra buffs party and raid member's stats its gonna be hard to disprove that

also all hydras i can find have a diet on beast lore

if they are indeed becoming tameable i cant wait for blizz to flip the switch
right now it looks like they arent exotic either so this might be blizz giving non BM hunter acess t the 5% crit buff that devilsaurs have right now
We already have wolves. I think it's just been such a high demand, they want all hunters to have the ability to tame a hydra.