Rak shiri changes again!

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Re: Rak shiri changes again!

Unread post by Moonlost »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Kalliope wrote:*nod* That's a valid point, Tyger. I just think it'd be a little different here, since there are only two colors. A coin flip is much better odds than 1/5. :) Still, it's another can of worms and Rak'shiri might just be better left alone at this point.
Yeah, it could potentially be better than Madexx. I'm still a little wary of it, but if they did do it, one of my hunter alts would love to give my dear Rufus a loving home again. :)

And like you said, it could potentially be another can of worms, which is actually my biggest fear with it more so than it being a potential pain to hunt him down. I'm more worried that the potential of him becoming Madexx like upsetting the population more than making him one stable color after he's changed twice now. Who knows, maybe people would be more receptive of it than I'm inclined to think.
Hmm. All good points. One big favour is that, unlike Madexx, both colours would still be commonly avaliable, so you wouldn't *need* to camp for a colour if you didn't want to/got fed up.
Alternately, perhaps make another rare cat named Rak'Shara, or something along those lines, who has the white skin and a seperate spawn location?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Someone said poor Rak needed a mate...

If we did do the switchy thing, what would happen to the already stable color Raks? Would they just get a random color upon first summon and stay that way? Or would they stay white and you'd have to go hunt down Rak again?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Azunara wrote:If we did do the switchy thing, what would happen to the already stable color Raks? Would they just get a random color upon first summon and stay that way? Or would they stay white and you'd have to go hunt down Rak again?
Probably the aqua by default, so all the original Raks would stay the same, and the newer Rak tamers would be able to go out and retame their new buddy again. That's not to slight those who tamed the black and white Rak; it's just that the aqua Rak owners have had their Raks longer, so there are more of them. The new Rak would have its own id (like Madexx), so there would be no color changing.

Rak'shara would be a nifty idea for Rak'shiri's mate and it would definitely make both colors spawn consistently, but then there's still the inherent issue of "I only liked this cat as Rak'shiri, not her mate" and the group in favor of the color assigned to him (probably the black and white, as previously stated) would feel even more slighted. Also, I'm not sure where he'd be located; Rak and Sian-Rotam are already spawning practically on top of each other. That's a LOT of rares for one area and we don't want to endanger all of them by making the area highly desirable for leveling players to camp for the exp boosts off our tamables.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Kalliope wrote:
Azunara wrote:If we did do the switchy thing, what would happen to the already stable color Raks? Would they just get a random color upon first summon and stay that way? Or would they stay white and you'd have to go hunt down Rak again?
Probably the aqua by default, so all the original Raks would stay the same, and the newer Rak tamers would be able to go out and retame their new buddy again. That's not to slight those who tamed the black and white Rak; it's just that the aqua Rak owners have had their Raks longer, so there are more of them. The new Rak would have its own id (like Madexx), so there would be no color changing.

Rak'shara would be a nifty idea for Rak'shiri's mate and it would definitely make both colors spawn consistently, but then there's still the inherent issue of "I only liked this cat as Rak'shiri, not her mate" and the group in favor of the color assigned to him (probably the black and white, as previously stated) would feel even more slighted.
Agreed. Rak'shiri started out as an aqua coloured cat, it's what I envision her as. For both a madexx style stable colour changer and the two rare spawn ideas, I would like that to be her default skin. :)
And, well, there's going to be people complaining regardless. These solutions come to as close of a middleground as possible to keep both sides happy.
Kalliope wrote:Also, I'm not sure where he'd be located; Rak and Sian-Rotam are already spawning practically on top of each other. That's a LOT of rares for one area and we don't want to endanger all of them by making the area highly desirable for leveling players to camp for the exp boosts off our tamables.
Was thinking about that myself. In real life, wild male tigers often patrol a wide territory. Based of that logic, give "Rak'Shara" a pretty big patrol route. Let's say something like this:
Attachments
618.jpg
618.jpg (330.67 KiB) Viewed 1259 times

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I like that path, Moon - it brings him fairly close to the missus, but not overly so, keeping the rares away from a traffic jam! :lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I wonder if Wain might be so kind as to throw these ideas out to Noah so we can see what Blizzard thinks. =3 The more I think about it, the more I would love either the Madexx treatment for Rak, or a second rare spawn so that I could bring my Rufus back home. :hug:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:Someone said poor Rak needed a mate...

If we did do the switchy thing, what would happen to the already stable color Raks? Would they just get a random color upon first summon and stay that way? Or would they stay white and you'd have to go hunt down Rak again?
T'was I suggesting he get a mate. :3 Rak'shara is a pretty name, whoever thought of it. hehe.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine