Rak shiri changes again!

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Rak shiri changes again!

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Pwncess wrote:They might look the same, as someone had made an example of Humar and Pitch, but they're not.
I know there is a huge difference.

With both examples of Humar/Pitch and Rak/Shy, one is so flippin easy to get (and with the looks of the next patch, will be even easier to get Shy.)
and the other is a rare elite.
So while they may share a skin, it's the fact that you know you sat and camped the rare spawn for the very reason that you are a hunter and you camp the rare, hard-to-find pets, regardless of the fact they share a skin with a common.

THIS is exactly why I was so upset when they took away the (Elite) in my Humar's name after the tame. People would comment about it since they knew he wasn't Pitch because of the elite by his name. I want that back more than anything, so people can see that we don't just always take the easy way out when camping a rare; that we actually did the hard work that requires patience that most don't have....which is why not everyone plays hunters. (:

So yeah, like I said before, I am glad that people who understand where I'm coming from in this post that having Rak back to his aqua skin makes a huge difference to a lot of people. While I'm personally saddened to learn the "rare to me" white tiger model that I fell in love with will be made common, I can still get it if I really decide to have one around. (I've already abandoned mine since I already have Shy in my stable.) While the white tiger model will become common, at least we know it won't be gone. Just because it's not Rak anymore doesn't mean it can't be special to you. You can love having a pet that is a common model if you really love that model. They don't all have to be rares. ^_^
Most of the older rares aren't rare elites anymore anyway so the chances of your rare pet saying elite are slim to none.

And Wain: Understandable. As I've said before, I'm happy for the people getting their old pet back; like you said, a LOT more people would have had Rak's old skin and not the new one. My gripe is with the people who are treating those of us who liked the white skin like we don't matter. They didn't like being treated like crap when their Rak skinned changed and we feel the same.

Getting rid of my white Rak was the second hardest pet I've ever gotten rid of (my troll's Loque being the first, but now she has him back <3). It makes me really happy that Sambas and I were able to hit it off; if we weren't, I wasn't sure what I was going to do for a cat pet. It took me forever to find one I clicked with the first time.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Fillmore
Realm: Firetree

Unread post by Fillmore »

Wait, so people who had Rak originally logged on after 4.0.3 and had white ones? I'm confused as as people are using the term they got their kitty back. Is my Rak going to be aqua after 4.1?

Also why don't they also take Sambas and give us a white and black version of that model. That'd be hot. the new lion model is so much better IMO than the old one...
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Fillmore wrote:Wait, so people who had Rak originally logged on after 4.0.3 and had white ones? I'm confused as as people are using the term they got their kitty back. Is my Rak going to be aqua after 4.1?

Also why don't they also take Sambas and give us a white and black version of that model. That'd be hot. the new lion model is so much better IMO than the old one...
Yes, Rak is going back to Aqua, sadly.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Just saying, siding on joy for Rak coming back, Tyger, if I accidentally insulted or told you to get a new kitty, directly or indirectly, I didn't mean too. I posted that when I had just woken up and coherency was arguable. I didn't want to make you upset. I'm not even sure if I did, but I'd like to lay an apology out just in case.

That said, I can sympathize. You had your black and white Rak and loved that cat just as much as I loved my aqua kitty. Either way, one of us was going to have to suffer. I'm sorry that they took your cat away so I could have my kitty back. I completely understand an inability to tame a new one, I had the same problem.

So yeah. Just as I mourned my aqua kitty losing his blue, I also feel for you guys who are losing their black and white. *Hugs people.* I feel bad people are upset because I get my kitty back, now...
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I was more frustrated at the people who were treating those of us who liked white Rak like crap; it just struck a chord since I'm sure they weren't happy being told that Shy was still around for the teal color.

It's a double-edged sword, and like Wain said, far more teal Rak's would have existed before white Rak so that's a lot more people that potentially lost a pet they really loved. I have accepted that and I'm happy for those people, I really am. I was thankfully able to move on and find a new cat to share Vitani's love. :)

I love my floofy Twinkie. :hug:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I can see that. Like Jessibelle/Tal said, Twinkie is an amazing name for a floof lion. x)

And yeah, I can understand how that's completely unfair treatment.

Heh. Funny how people (myself included.) so easily get so emotional or up in arms over pixels. I guess that's why we're hunters. We care for our pixels.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I love my pixel pets damn it! :lol:

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

It can boil down to defending opinions, really. It doesn't really matter what the opinion is about - maybe it's what color you like your apples to be. xD It's completely natural to defend your opinion, and things can get ugly if words aren't chosen with the utmost care.

I agree, by the way. I love my pixel pets!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Meh. Apples.

RED GRAPES ARE BETTER THAN GREEN. >:(

(Seriously though, you're right. And yeah, I love my pixelated creatures. It's why I adore Pokemon.)
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I AGREE. Except those nasty horrible ones with seeds! Ew!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Well, yeah. They have to be -seedless-, or I'm not buying 'em.

*places penny on a track...*
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I bought seedless ones and they had seeds. :-(
*Watches incoming train*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Sue them for false advertising.

(Someone got the joke for once! O.o)
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

But spitting out the seeds is half the fun! :<
Not to mention that grapes with seeds are half the cost of seedless ones (at least down here)

On topic, I have no idea of this has been requested before, but what if we did a Madexx style thing with Rak'shiri? Two seperate NPC IDs, one for Aqua, one for White, both share the same name and spawn timer.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Moonlost wrote:On topic, I have no idea of this has been requested before, but what if we did a Madexx style thing with Rak'shiri? Two seperate NPC IDs, one for Aqua, one for White, both share the same name and spawn timer.
That would be a great idea, especially since so many players are attached to this cat! Wouldn't hurt to ask Noah, although he seems to be very swamped at the moment.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Somebody brought up the idea before. I'm personally against it just because Madexx is a nightmare and a half; I'd hate the same fate befall another tamable. I personally would rather him be one color or the other. :)

[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*nod* That's a valid point, Tyger. I just think it'd be a little different here, since there are only two colors. A coin flip is much better odds than 1/5. :) Still, it's another can of worms and Rak'shiri might just be better left alone at this point.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Kalliope wrote:*nod* That's a valid point, Tyger. I just think it'd be a little different here, since there are only two colors. A coin flip is much better odds than 1/5. :) Still, it's another can of worms and Rak'shiri might just be better left alone at this point.
Mmm, only two colours, and much shorter spawn times! Plus, being an old-world rare, he's not on the MUST TAME LIKE NOW list of tames for the non-Petopian type hunters, or in an area that sees as much action as Uldum, so I don't see it becoming quite the nightmare that Madexx is. It's an interesting idea, though, and MIGHT solve the issues we are now having with unhappy hunters and their white or aqua Raks.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mozag wrote:
Kalliope wrote:*nod* That's a valid point, Tyger. I just think it'd be a little different here, since there are only two colors. A coin flip is much better odds than 1/5. :) Still, it's another can of worms and Rak'shiri might just be better left alone at this point.
Mmm, only two colours, and much shorter spawn times! Plus, being an old-world rare, he's not on the MUST TAME LIKE NOW list of tames for the non-Petopian type hunters, or in an area that sees as much action as Uldum, so I don't see it becoming quite the nightmare that Madexx is. It's an interesting idea, though, and MIGHT solve the issues we are now having with unhappy hunters and their white or aqua Raks.
Agreed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, it could potentially be better than Madexx. I'm still a little wary of it, but if they did do it, one of my hunter alts would love to give my dear Rufus a loving home again. :)

And like you said, it could potentially be another can of worms, which is actually my biggest fear with it more so than it being a potential pain to hunt him down. I'm more worried that the potential of him becoming Madexx like upsetting the population more than making him one stable color after he's changed twice now. Who knows, maybe people would be more receptive of it than I'm inclined to think.

[/center]