Rak shiri changes again!

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Rak shiri changes again!

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

No, I'd hate for Rak to have the Madexx treatment. I'd rather him be one color or the other. Enough people wanted him back to teal and I'd rather that be the color he stays.

Madexx is enough of a heart attack/nightmare to hope for the color you like best without adding that fret to more rares. Just my two cents of course.

I may have to download the PTR and figure out which of these new cats will look best with my hunter as I'm not overly fond of the aqua. *contemplates*

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Nubhorns wrote: Because it's "unique" and "rare" and oooh, who cares if the people who tamed Rak originally truly loved him, I want my sparkly skin back! I'm not inclined to be mean, but I think the people who had him first and loved him for what he was have more validity to their claims. :/

Little less Pokemon Trainer, more Hunter, yes? I understand that those with white Rak may have bonded with him, but he's shed his spring coat back into something more comfortable, and I think he'd like it quite a bit if you'd love him for who he is, not what skin he wears. ;P
No one was even acting like that at all in this thread, so I'm not sure where that all is coming from? No one on the forums said "Hey tough luck guys that you lost your favorite color, but I get mine now so haha" or anything. And I disagree with the whole "they have more validity to their claims" part.

I loved Rak'shiri for who he is/was.

I liked Rak'shiri before, back when he was blue. I loved him back when he wasn't even the best pet (aka Broken Tooth/ZG bat). I didn't love him because he was "rare" or "unique". I loved him because he looked so regal next to the Hunter he was running beside back in Auberdine. As I began to play a Hunter and learn lore about NE's, Hunters and other Warcraft lore, I began to fall in love with the whole Frostsaber (mount style) look. That was even the reason I still use my white striped frostsaber mount.

As for Rak'shiri, I loved him even more after the change. The beloved white frostsaber skin I adored on what is undoubtedly one of my favorite pets in the game? Heaven! :D Did I feel a lot of sympathy for my fellow Hunters who didn't want this change? Absolutely! No one likes their pets being changed to something else. Dude, I hated it when my scarlet hyena became some ugly mastiff. I can only imagine how those who had their Rak'shiri's for a long time and adored the blue skin had felt. But I never once thought to myself "tough luck for them, awesome I get my favorite skin. Way better!"

So yeah, I am a little saddened that Rak'shiri changed back. The skin coloration in combination with my favorite sabercat was like total slice of heaven for me. But I will always love Rak'shiri, I just may not use him nearly as much.

And I don't think Hunters can ever be "less Pokemon Trainer". I mean cmon XD We have twenty five stable slots and yes, theoretically its not enough if you wanted 1 of every pet family. But from a statistical standpoint, most of the pet families actually overlap in what their abilities do (aka Wolf and Devilsaur give the same buff). So technically, no Hunter ever needs 25 stable slots, we just have them because Blizzard knows Hunters like to accessorize XD So technically, if anything, Hunters want to be more Pokemon-trainer like and "catch 'em all" if anything =p

edit:
The madexx idea would rock! lol Personally I would totally support that! (even though Madexx is a thing of my nightmares since I still have not seen him spawn with the blue skin XD)

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I will only post in this thread to let everyone know that I see what you are doing and I am taking names.

It's OK to change Rak'shiri back, but it is not OK to tweak Madexx spawns a little? What is wrong in the world. :P
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Pent wrote:I will only post in this thread to let everyone know that I see what you are doing and I am taking names.

It's OK to change Rak'shiri back, but it is not OK to tweak Madexx spawns a little? What is wrong in the world. :P
I'm not sure about the taking names part but... curse those Madexx spawns! XD I swear, everytime he spawns hes in the wrong color or its the right color and a mining-mage doing a flyby blows him up, lol

Sorry, your sentence made me think of that. Carry on :D

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:No, I'd hate for Rak to have the Madexx treatment. I'd rather him be one color or the other. Enough people wanted him back to teal and I'd rather that be the color he stays.

Madexx is enough of a heart attack/nightmare to hope for the color you like best without adding that fret to more rares. Just my two cents of course.

I may have to download the PTR and figure out which of these new cats will look best with my hunter as I'm not overly fond of the aqua. *contemplates*
It was just an idea I wanted to toss out there, geesh. I didn't mean to strike a chord... :/ I'm going to keep them to myself from now on. I only tossed it out there because I hate seeing situations like this. I know Madexx is a nightmare to go after if you want a specific color I only said it about Rak because there's only two colors for her, not five. Now I regret saying anything at all.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

You're taking my post way to offensively. I gave my opinion on the matter just as you gave yours.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Toph wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:No, I'd hate for Rak to have the Madexx treatment. I'd rather him be one color or the other. Enough people wanted him back to teal and I'd rather that be the color he stays.

It was just an idea I wanted to toss out there, geesh. I didn't mean to strike a chord... :/ I'm going to keep them to myself from now on. I only tossed it out there because I hate seeing situations like this. I know Madexx is a nightmare to go after if you want a specific color I only said it about Rak because there's only two colors for her, not five. Now I regret saying anything at all.
Don't take anything said on these forums too seriously unless a admin/mod says something to you.

And opinions are always welcomed... that is the reason we are so diverse. Never be afraid of saying your opinion here... just don't verbally insult anyone... because that isn't nice at all. (You didn't do this... I just wanted to throw that in there.)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I never want to offend anyone. The way she had hers worded seemed like I'd offended her, and I was trying to apologize, which ended up backfiring. *gives up*
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Little sad on Rak changing, I for one didn't like the teal color, but the white tiger skin is still there so no worries.

Though I think I adore the stalker's new look, and the white one? I'm in love.

I know Shade and Gypsi will be doing some pre-patch taming tonight in preparation!
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I'm in the minority in that I specifically camped Rak for the new skin, so this makes me a little sad. But, I'm happy for those who get their aquasaber back, and I'll gladly go grab a newly reskinned cat. (I'm tempted to grab the all-white one, but since the cat has taken the namesake of Byakko, it doesn't make sense to have a non white tiger skin).

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

wow I didnt realize there would be such a heated debate about this.. am I sad about Teeka? yes.. I loved her color and uniqueness but it is what it is. But Ive finally found her in the wild on the ptr and well..

a picture says a thousand words

shes also lvl 53 now not sure if she was still 57 before.

Attachments
rakshir.jpg
rakshir.jpg (202.14 KiB) Viewed 2513 times

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

I flew my happy rear out to Winterspring yesterday to see if I could get Rak to stable him before this patch. I wasnt expecting to find him at all. I flew around, saw Hell-Hoot, and made my way up the road, and passed Starfall, and started looking. Nada. I went to the rock to go check out the trainers quests and BAM...there he was under the rock next to the imposter. LOL.

So now I have the first cat I EVER wanted for my hunter. I KNEW my hunter would have Rak. All the weeks I spent grinding Wintersaber on my Shaman, I saw Rak 3-4 times. I knew he was destined to be my hunters companion. Then they changed his colors, and my hunter was HEARTBROKEN. She plodded along and slowly piddled around leveling, then the patch came where Olm came back. She FLEW through 5 levels to get Olm, still sad about Rak. Now THIS??? Brynlee is a VERY HAPPY WORGEN. Shes currently sitting at 78 in Zul Drak waiting for Gondria...but knowing Rak is coming home to her makes her camp easier.
Pwncess
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor (US)

Unread post by Pwncess »

No matter what they do with pets by changing their colors/models/whatever, it will always upset someone. Honestly, I tamed him as soon as I saw him because I was struck by his look (white tiger model, more recent version since I already have Shy-Rotam from the quest chain I did specifically to tame him.) I love him, named him Montecore, and he makes me smile.
Seeing that his color is going back to the one I already have in my stable makes me sad. I am not a Nelf so I don't have the mount model of the white tiger. But, I am happy that the people who wanted their aqua-colored cat back now have their chance. The bright side to this for me is an open stable slot for my someday Hydra.

Being a Hunter is like Pokemon.
I gotta tame em all!

It's a good thing I love Pokemon, too!
My Stable
My Mounts
My Companions

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You know that the black and white saber cat will still be available, right, Pwncess?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Pwncess
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor (US)

Unread post by Pwncess »

Well yeah, but I only keep rare/rare elite/rare skins in my stable. I refuse to tame anything that's not unique. I know, I'm weird...but it's just how I am. DX

Being a Hunter is like Pokemon.
I gotta tame em all!

It's a good thing I love Pokemon, too!
My Stable
My Mounts
My Companions

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Technically, it is unique, since only the one type of cat will have the skin, but understandable. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Toph wrote:I never want to offend anyone. The way she had hers worded seemed like I'd offended her, and I was trying to apologize, which ended up backfiring. *gives up*
Next time, just type in "I'm sorry" or "I apologize", then build your post around that; it makes a world of difference (so long as you don't make it sarcastic! :P). Lord knows I need to do this more often.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm late to the party, but I am really happy for Tahlian!!! I admit I like my Tenseiga as the white tiger, and will probably let her go once she's teal, but it's all good, because I really like the solid white model. <3 It would probably "match" Tetsusaiga better (as his mate), anyway. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Mewmew
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by Mewmew »

I love Rak'shiri's skin as it is now and im happy there are ppl that want this change but i tamed it mainly because it was a one of a kind unique saber skin. My only concern is if they are doing this with him/her than whats to stop them from making other rares like Duskstalker, Shadowclaw or even sambas a more common skin(i think i got all the rarest cats)? Part of the fun is being able to tame these difficult to find mobs and having ur pet stand out from the rest. Kind of takes the fun out of the hunt :/
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Rak'shiri has been the holiday cat for me. Ive tamed him on Easter Day the very first time i checked up (few years ago btw), i tamed him on my 19th birthday (november 2010) after logging in amongst the frostsabers and seeing him prowling around infront of me, i tamed him just a couple days ago on Feb 28th which is bf and i's 1 year, 7 months anni (yes we count the months LOL we're weird like that) and he was stalking the ice on my very first trip ever for my undead hunter into winterspring (glad i got him cause i was going to bed and he wasnt up the morning after :P)

Im extremely attatched to him, ive heard ppl say his eyes seem to glow more brightly then Shy and even though that may or may not be true, because its been said and because i have that mindset about him, he really does seem to have brighter eyes when i look at him. It also feels less like im 'cheating' to tame him rather the Shy. I

its like a lotta the hunters freaking over Hawkbane, they say he carries a grace that no other white tigers can pull off (and in that one screenshot i can kinda vision that nimblness and proud stature)

^Uhm, Rak'shiri was teal since Vanilla WoW so its caused quite the outrage, Duststalker, Shadowclaw, etc. are yes, just as old and they have gotten bigger to make use of the skins but no one really paid any mind because they have EXTREMELY common counterparts. Their past, smaller forms i mean. Not the new RidingSkin forms.

Rak'shiri was exotic because Shy-Rotam could only be summoned via a quest, making Rak'shiri the only Aqua saber in the game that could be accessed by anyone since he was not quest-bound. Yes Shy no longer is quest-bound but the ppl ive met who had Rak'shiri from Vanilla to just before 4.0.3 prized him very dearly and I along with a slur of ppl in trade chat freaking out about random tidbits of the change had released him because we really did not like the change.

(sorry if it comes off coarse, i dunno if it seems coarse, i cant really tell right now lol, im on a ton of sugar right now after finishing a root beer float and i am more passionate about Rak'shiri then any other pet in the game (i could go on forever about him to the point where id run out of stuff and repeat myself cause hes just so glorious). I honestly dont think they will make Duskstalker and Shadowclaw common because their timers are only about 3 hours tops if that :3

Also, RidingSkinWhiteStriped was the only skin in the game that could not be obtained without camping a rarespawn. Now ppl dont have to be so torn about trying to get the color without rolling a night elf instead of camping a possible 6-10 hour spawn or whatever his timer is)

And now i think im gonna just kinda leave the internet to watch a movie since im starting to bounce in my chair LOL

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |