Hawkbane is Back!! (PTR)

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: Hawkbane is Back!! (PTR)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Toph, the Frostsaber kitties that you're thinking of will be using the riding tiger model come 4.0.6, not the tiger model that King Bangalash and Hawkbane will use. So, they will be two of a kind. :)

Out of curiosity, will you be naming your kitty Hawkbane, or do you have a special name in mind?
Last edited by Cialbi on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I should just stop talking about those dadgum frostsabers since I keep getting it wrong every single time. XD And like I said, full circle! \o/

I'm going to keep his name, definitely even though I do that with rare pets very rarely (no pun intended!). It's the name I've known him as all these years and to call him anything else would fell wrong to me.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Remind me - is Hawkbane a unique skin or no?
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Nope, same skin as King Bangladash.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

With the next patch, Hawkbane (rare) and King B (quest mob) will be the only two tigers with that skin since the frostsabers in Winterspring will be upgraded to the 'riding tiger' model.

>_>

Hopefully I got that right this time. XD
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Yup you got it right ^_^
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Awesome thank you! :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

You're welcome. ^_^ Back in the early days of BC when Hawkbane was first added, he used to be an elite (but not rare) over in the cave in Blackwind Valley, but for unexplained reasons, was suddenly removed. Seeing the wingless silver dragon around his portrait is still a bit @_@ for me I admit, but he's much better suited to his new home over in that corner, though his reverse tiger buddies probably miss him.

>_>

<_<

I am not obsessed. Really.
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Just wanna update with some good (imo) info.

I went to check on him again and someone had just killed him (don't wanna name and shame D: )

Anyway, I asked what he dropped, and he linked me a gray "Razor sharp fang". This to me is good news, as it probably means he won't be killed for his loot (unless they change it...)

So, yay!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

*winces and shudders*

I'm really glad that's all he drops and I hope that never changes, but still, there will be people who'll kill him just for the hell of it since he's a rare. x_x This info is really, really appreciated, Samarachan, thank you!
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Honestly, people will kill him because killing a rare is a huge exp boost and therefore a good idea when leveling. At lower levels (between 10 and 20 at least), one rare has leveled a pet of mine not once but three times upon being killed. While I suspect there to be a glitch involved in that extreme case (it happens a bit too frequently with some rares, such as Lord Condar), it gives you an idea of the benefit that killing a rare provides. That said, I won't be harming Hawkbane thanks to you, Toph, but I can hardly fault others in killing the tiger.

_____

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Cialbi wrote:Honestly, people will kill him because killing a rare is a huge exp boost and therefore a good idea when leveling. At lower levels (between 10 and 20 at least), one rare has leveled a pet of mine not once but three times upon being killed. While I suspect there to be a glitch involved in that extreme case (it happens a bit too frequently with some rares, such as Lord Condar), it gives you an idea of the benefit that killing a rare provides. That said, I won't be harming Hawkbane thanks to you, Toph, but I can hardly fault others in killing the tiger.
Yep, but this isn't the case with Outland rares. They remained unaffected by this change, as I only got about 4k XP from killing one of the Medium rare achives (mob even a lvl higher than me), while a quest is about 10k.

Besides, don't forget that this is in Skettis, you need atlest 70 to get there (well, to get the starting quest anyway) and other than grinding for the mounts I see no other reason for anyone to be up there. Hawkbane is pretty well hidden, didn't trigger NPCScan or Silverdragon, so unless we keep it sorta a hunter secret for the first few days I don't see anyone noticing or going straight to kill him.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

*sighs* I'm not faulting anyone. -_- I never give good reactions to hearing about or seeing rares killed that I care about, it's who I am. I just don't want to be there to ever witness him being killed, but that doesn't mean I'll hate people who do. *sighs again* Some people who've played WoW for a long time may have old grudges against him back from when he was an elite, and that's understandable.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

toph i'm suprised that you're posting actually. i figured you would still be in a coma, only to awake when 4.0.1 arrives
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

4.1 you mean ;)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Toph wrote:*sighs* I'm not faulting anyone. -_- I never give good reactions to hearing about or seeing rares killed that I care about, it's who I am. I just don't want to be there to ever witness him being killed, but that doesn't mean I'll hate people who do. *sighs again* Some people who've played WoW for a long time may have old grudges against him back from when he was an elite, and that's understandable.
I was just pointing out that people will continue to kill rares when leveling, due to the exp if nothing else. Fortunately, Samarachan refuted my point quite nicely; I have to concede that there really is little reason to kill Hawkbane.
I never intended my post to be aimed at you.
Royi wrote:toph i'm suprised that you're posting actually. i figured you would still be in a coma, only to awake when 4.0.1 arrives
Samarachan wrote:4.1 you mean ;)
Samarachan, I think he meant that he was afraid that her coma was so severe that she'd be unable to remember anything past 4.0.1 after awakening. Or, that the sheer joy brought by news of Hawkbane would cause a small wormhole to open and send her back in time to when 4.0.1 was released.

_____

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

@Cialbi - I'm sorry about that, and I'm not mad at you or anything. For some unknown reason, a small bout of depression was on me when I posted that. x_x

@Royi - And miss out on learning his spawn timer? Of course not. XD But yeah, I'll probably die of happiness when I finally get to tame him.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Assuming Noah has gotten to see this thread, I'd just like to say that leaving Hawkbane with this skin was a good idea, cause it's just...him. :D *glee*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

OMG MORE RARES !
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Kalliope wrote:Assuming Noah has gotten to see this thread, I'd just like to say that leaving Hawkbane with this skin was a good idea, cause it's just...him. :D *glee*
AGREED~! ^_____^