PTR ZG Monkeys and Cats now tameable! Even Solo!

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

PTR ZG Monkeys and Cats now tameable! Even Solo!

Unread post by Sasrei »

Just went to check ZG and yep the monkeys and the ulduar cats are now tameable. So no more having to beg people for runs through ulduar and hope they know what they are doing. And the plus side is? You can even solo tame it, just run down to where the cats are, jump off the side.. sit down a trap, and CS or WS a cat and tame the other.. or be like me and do it the hard way with two cats beating on you :lol:

sadly all the named are stil lvl 86.

And the monkeys you can tame to :)

Attachments
tameee.jpg
tameee.jpg (465.71 KiB) Viewed 1420 times

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: PTR ZG Monkeys and Cats now tameable! Even Solo!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kinda sad the cats are tameable cause I went through hell to get mine in Ulduar but grats to anyone who gets them. They're very pretty cats.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'll always wish these were out of an instance, but hopefully I'll finally be able to get one now. Solo doesn't sound too fun though. O_o;
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hooray! Thanks Sasrei!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Atleast theres another way for people to get that model now since not everyone can get a group together to tame the uldur cats. (well, not so much the group but a group capable of understanding directions...)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Indeed, a solo run took me a LOT of time. Getting to the cats should be easier--going around to the left of the dungeon and avoiding and/or Deterrance->FD'ing the wasp boss.

However, to get to Mandokir's side, the way I used was this:

(Originally not my map, but I had trouble finding a good ZG overhead map so "borrowed" theirs and marked it up.)

If for any reason you need to get to Mandokir's side, or if for some reason you can't go to the left past the wasp boss (I haven't tried)...

You can bypass the first bit by mounting up and running right along the water on the far right (yes, through the green poison--it may take a few attempts), feigning death just up against the rocks at the end and thereby dropping aggro from the 1 wasp + fish. Shift from FD into Camouflage ONLY when you're sure the fish aren't nearby, eat to regain your hp, and wait out the FD cd.

Climb onto the rocks (you need to do this from the far right, as there's a bug that claims the water is air on the left and will drop you to the riverbed) and climb the slight hill on your left, beneath the hovering wasp, then drop down to the start of the bridge. If you need to feign off the wasp again, wait until you're halfway across the bridge. Wait until Camo is off cd before standing. Go into camo, eat again, and cross the bridge. Avoid the Tiki boss by skirting around to the left (in camo, he won't aggro you) and continue across the bridge, then head right--passing the snake boss's room to your left. Curve around his building to the left and go to the crossroads here.

If you go left, you will pass the road into the Edge of Madness, then Thekal's old area (all on your right), then eventually you'll pass the road leading down to the dirt "dock" area where there are trolls fishing at the old Ghaz'ranka lake. Ignoring that ramp down, you continue along the main road; Bethekk's temple and the cats will be on your right, and the snakes ahead.

If you go right instead of left at the above fork, you will come to a ramp on your left with boulders rolling down it. Just put on Cheetah if you're feeling confident and race up, avoiding them, and skirting around the troll berserker to the right (if you get too close and he aggros, Deterrance, run a bit up and feign). Press against the wall on the right, with Camo on, and soon enough you'll see Mandokir far to your left (across the open area past the huts and cauldrons); the lashtail hatchling is chained beside him.

Again, it's probably easier if you're just going for pets to go around to the left, past the wasp boss, but I've not yet tried--so if you need to get to Mandokir, there's how!

In any case, awesome news that the kitties are now tameable! Any idea if the monkeys still "hoot" when clicked after taming?
Attachments
ToMandokir.png
ToMandokir.png (369.32 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sounds like a lot of trouble to solo. You're probably better off in a group. Either way, from MMO Champ, you need a ilvl of 346 to even get in I think.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'll make a vid shortly of the easier route to the pets--mine's just for Mandokir.

The Curious Jungle Monkeys hoot-on-click even after taming.

Edit: Here's the video. It shows the fastest way to get to the monkeys, adders and cats, as well as how to tame them (I didn't survive the cat taming, despite getting the tame finished, but I did say how to do it *properly*--which I failed at :lol: ), at least on the current PTR build.