AMAZING PTR Change for us Hunters.

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: AMAZING PTR Change for us Hunters.

Unread post by Rikaku »

Kalliope wrote:It's melee who will complain about pet size.

Poor Scratchfever will be seriously bummed out by this change.
That would totally make sense XD But my guild just has to deal with my impending giant Spirit Beast since I'm one of their top DPS, so there! my way is law! :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Hmm i will miss feeding my pets. To me its a bond thingie, but on the other hands, now i dont need to carry 2 stacks of meat, 2 stacks of fruit and 2 stacks of bread on me at all times..

still... i think i will miss the feeding part. And since the feed only heals pets out of combat, i probally wont be using it much

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Not sure if this is amazing, a un-needed change more like it in my opinion. It certainly does make the pets seem a bit more like warlock pets and they could take off feed pet because mend pet heals them enough even after combat.

But I think Blizz might be after also that they are trying to tone down hunters being able to solo most of the content, since pets selfhealed themselves also with bloodthirsty and carrionfeeder. So this might be a nerf in the disguise of a great change. Not to imprint doubts into anyone, they have blessed us with countless new skins and I am quite happy.

They could make that the glyph doesn't affect the normally large pets like Devilsaurs, Chimeras, Corehounds or the Brainbugs. I think the dogs could get a bit bigger but on the otherhand I like them because they are small. Actually because I play a feral kitty mostly I've never complained about a hunters pet, even if it's big. It helps me find the butt of the thing I'm fighting. But each have their own opinion.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Nubhorns wrote:(Also I have no idea why you would want loyalty back. Good Grom could you imagine the tears when someone's Loque/Sambas/Chromaggus ran away due to not knowing how it works/a mistake on their part?)
This is something that annoys me. People who immediately assume that if loyalty was back, it'd work the EXACT same way as it did before. Who's to say they'd re-implement that part of loyalty if they put it back in? They could make it PURELY cosmetic. No pets running away, no bonuses whatsoever. All it would be is a little tidbit for people who liked the concept of it. I, personally, would squeal with pure GLEE if they put it back in. I hated it when they removed loyalty and would kill to have it back, if only for the "AMG MY PET HAS REACHED LOYALTY LVL 6!!!" squeal that me and my best friend would always have whenever our pet hit loyalty 6.
Slickrock

Re: New Patch Notes- A change to hunter pets as we know it!

Unread post by Slickrock »

Nanotrev wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Aww, the removal of the Happiness system will render the Pet Emote addon very much....depleted. :(
Honestly, I really liked it. It made me feel more involved and immersed into the game as a hunter, to need to feed my pet when they were unhappy. I suppose the whole system became redundant with how easy pets are to level now, along with how easy they are to keep happy at present but despite this I feel that I'll miss it... it was just something that made hunters different from the other pet classes.

While I agree with you, and miss the old days, it's basically been meaningless for quite some time, so it's good to let it go. Maybe they'll buff the talents a bit.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:(Also I have no idea why you would want loyalty back. Good Grom could you imagine the tears when someone's Loque/Sambas/Chromaggus ran away due to not knowing how it works/a mistake on their part?)
This is something that annoys me. People who immediately assume that if loyalty was back, it'd work the EXACT same way as it did before. Who's to say they'd re-implement that part of loyalty if they put it back in? They could make it PURELY cosmetic. No pets running away, no bonuses whatsoever. All it would be is a little tidbit for people who liked the concept of it. I, personally, would squeal with pure GLEE if they put it back in. I hated it when they removed loyalty and would kill to have it back, if only for the "AMG MY PET HAS REACHED LOYALTY LVL 6!!!" squeal that me and my best friend would always have whenever our pet hit loyalty 6.
The loyalty idea would be neat to be back, but Loyalty *is* about staying with the master. So if it didn't have the idea of "no pets running away", then what would be the point of having a Loyalty system? There's no point to a system if there's not some repercussion of not paying attention to it.

I'm not trying to be mean mind you, I'm just curious as to your thoughts. I liked the Loyalty idea in classic WoW, but I just don't see a reason for adding a system that's purely "cosmetic" for one class's pet.
Last edited by Rikaku on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Kalliope wrote:Poor Scratchfever will be seriously bummed out by this change.
There is no word to describe just how epic that story was! The ending literally brought tears to my eyes!

More on topic: It is feeling like the game is getting shallower and shallower. Admittedly I have been relying on the Glyph of Mend Pet since it was introduced, but pet happiness was still something I had to pay attention to!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Anyia wrote:More on topic: It is feeling like the game is getting shallower and shallower.
Yep, yet, given the current system, the change makes sense.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Anyia wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Poor Scratchfever will be seriously bummed out by this change.
There is no word to describe just how epic that story was! The ending literally brought tears to my eyes!
On the plus side, he'll forever live as a tribute to both the happiness and loyalty systems. <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Oromir
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by Oromir »

Soooo has anyone made a pic by pic comparison or youtube video showing what the glyph does? Also having my hunter Tommypickles and His pet reptar (krush) being even bigger is amazing.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The glyph won't make you bigger, it makes your pets bigger.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Ugh, will have to remove this glyph from my Goblin. :( She has Krush, who I really would like to be even bigger (Gobbies and their obsession of huge things, and all that), but I don't want my wee little monkey, Amber, to get any bigger. How annoying.

As for the happiness thing, I'm quite pleased, to be honest. Far happier than the auto-leveling to my level, anyhow. With the mend pet glyph, many of those skills had become redundant, and it was a real bummer having to take Guard Dog, so I could pick Taunt for my tanks. Waste of two points, really (not a big deal on a BM, but most of my hunters aren't BM!).
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Is a good change, less bag clutter unless you WANT it and another largely redundant system removed. Pets always had attachment because of how you tamed and used them, not because you chucked food at them every couple of hours plus they don't whine like Lock pets.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Psh, I love my worgen warlock's emo felguard. :P

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

My felguard is named Sharon. Yes, his actual in-game name is Sharoon. :D

Warlock pets have far more personality than hunterpets now. At least hunterpets USED to eat, even if I never fed them, but now...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I love my troll warlock's succubus' name--Jhorlia. I haven't played Val in a while, now I wanna go see what her felguard's name is. XD

[/center]
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

I only like my Subbi Fienys, otherwise of my Lock pets I couldn't give a damn if they died it's just "Eh resummon", move on. They're there, whinge for attacking and thats about it. I've got a lot more attachment to my critter pets though and I really don't like letting them die, hell I don't like my midgit pets glitching and going missing either as feels so wierd without them, particularly Lurky.

Everyone is different :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh aye, my lock, DK, and mage pets feel a lot more minion-y than my hunter pets. But I do find great amusement with my warlock demons, especially with pet emote.

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

To me it feel like that blizzard is tuning the game more and more to "young" ppl, and not adults.. I feel that they removing the "effort" part, and you have no need of putting any feelings, time invested into your pet. Tame a pet, instantlvl 85 and no happyness to worry about....
It just feel like WoW is missing something compared to ealier wow. Dont get me wrong. I LOOOOVE some of the changes, like being able to have 25 pets, being able to have different pet buffs, so not all is running around with a wolf, cause its hte MUST have pet to help the entire raid/grp, but other changes just feels to me, like blizzard is trying to fase out sertain things in wow, so there wont be so much "work".
Soon we have the " buy armor for cash and not emblem" thingie back... atleast the first tier, so new players wont have to grind the first tier, they can just buy it..'

rant over

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

Tårnfalk wrote:To me it feel like that blizzard is tuning the game more and more to "young" ppl, and not adults.. I feel that they removing the "effort" part, and you have no need of putting any feelings, time invested into your pet. Tame a pet, instantlvl 85 and no happyness to worry about....
It just feel like WoW is missing something compared to ealier wow. Dont get me wrong. I LOOOOVE some of the changes, like being able to have 25 pets, being able to have different pet buffs, so not all is running around with a wolf, cause its hte MUST have pet to help the entire raid/grp, but other changes just feels to me, like blizzard is trying to fase out sertain things in wow, so there wont be so much "work".
Soon we have the " buy armor for cash and not emblem" thingie back... atleast the first tier, so new players wont have to grind the first tier, they can just buy it..'

rant over
I feel the same. I like the 25 pets and individualized talent changes you mentioned, but the whole removing happiness and auto-level seems to be heading down the "lets just make things as easy as possible so people stop complaining" road. As for the pet size glyph... I think they're adding it into the game without giving it enough thought. I don't think -all- pets should or need to be larger.. I think pets that are tamed larger in size are the ones that should be affected by this glyph, not smaller/normal size ones. Thats just me.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!