A cheap crappy Ikea chair ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Re: Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

Jessibelle wrote: Exactly! I love the steed but its so freakin loud...my dragon and gryphon/wyverns are more peaceful. ><; Even Invincible doesnt seem to be as loud(I've flown next to someone who has it).
I think that's the reason I have stopped riding my Sparkle Pony when doing any form of flying... my Albino Drake does just as well and doesn't make nearly as much noise as the blasted thing does.

Either way... YES FOR WINGED LIONS! If this isn't an out of the way mount I would totally snag it and call mine Amuxiel, the name of a Winged Lion character I have <3 Personally, I would like for it to be a Quest Related mount. You know, like the Ravasaur and Winterspring Saber? Just not in the same manner... doing a series of quests for (X) amount of days and perhaps learning lore/story as you go about the creature that you will be grinding as your mount.

Or hell, make it like the Camel Mount from the Figurines... it would be better than having to do Achievements through Raids to get it. Because, well we don't know how long those will last. Since Blizzard has a manner of saying "Oh hey, you can out gear this and farm the mount so we're taking it out."

Though is this hits Blizzard store... Nnnnnng... I would... have to buy it... it would likely replace Sparkle Pony and my Albino Drake to fly around... lol
Last edited by ToxicCreed on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maladramatic

Unread post by Maladramatic »

I feel guilt for buying a sparkle pony and swore I'd never buy from the store again, but if this is a purchasable mount..I...won't....be able to ..resist.. /dramatics
lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

Update
This mount is 'coming soon to the blizzard store'
Or so their facebook pages says :)

Failbook link to warcraft:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Warcraft
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

lilatha wrote:Update

Failbook link to warcraft:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Warcraft
YES thank you!!!!!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

No problem saw it and remembered this post ... Now to watch for the rage D:
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Really?!?!
YESSSSSSSS!!!
...I know, I'm a total sellout. But YESSSSSS!!!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

lilatha wrote:No problem saw it and remembered this post ... Now to watch for the rage D:
Oh the comments on facebook beat you to it. People are already bitching that its not a raid achievement. I gave them a 'nice' reminder that majority of players are infact NOT raiders and the game isnt centered around their needs/wants.

LisaaraPokefarm

lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

I know I was like lulrage B:
Whats so bad about selling a mount from a actual Blizzard site instead of some hacker site ... And honestly which raid would give this? I can't think of a suiting one ever o.O The rest fit their raid this suits nothing xD
And ok we can't ALL buy it but then again we all can't raid or do arena .... They can't please everyone but atleast they are trying :)
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Jessibelle wrote:
lilatha wrote:No problem saw it and remembered this post ... Now to watch for the rage D:
Oh the comments on facebook beat you to it. People are already bitching that its not a raid achievement. I gave them a 'nice' reminder that majority of players are infact NOT raiders and the game isnt centered around their needs/wants.
That's really the only reason I'd even consider waffling about getting one. -I- think it's hella cool, and -I- love to collect mounts anyway. I don't raid/do hardcore pvp/arena, so some of the "best" mounts out there are squarely off-limits to me. It's not such a bad thing to give us others a pretty shiny sometimes!

Of course, I never personally experienced any grief personally with my pretty sparklepony, so eh. I welcome our shiny flying lion overlords.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

lilatha wrote:I know I was like lulrage B:
Whats so bad about selling a mount from a actual Blizzard site instead of some hacker site ... And honestly which raid would give this? I can't think of a suiting one ever o.O The rest fit their raid this suits nothing xD
And ok we can't ALL buy it but then again we all can't raid or do arena .... They can't please everyone but atleast they are trying :)
Cant ALL buy it but a good majority can.

And I agree. That doesnt fit even in the Firelands raid and it'd not be in Throne of 4 Winds....why? Well for one...there's a bunch of windbags up there....and no beasts....at all....none.

Dara: Agreed, totally! I'd love my sparklepony if it werent so loud, though. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Same here, Daranara. I heard plenty of anger and contempt of sparkleponies, but I never got hated on for having one. I don't think the people hating on them were brave enough, at least on my realm. >.>

Still, I'm really looking forward to buying this mount. Sadly enough, it'll be making my day when it comes out. ^.^

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Same here, Daranara. I heard plenty of anger and contempt of sparkleponies, but I never got hated on for having one. I don't think the people hating on them were brave enough, at least on my realm. >.>

Still, I'm really looking forward to buying this mount. Sadly enough, it'll be making my day when it comes out. ^.^
I never got hated on either.

Sadly, me too. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Jessibelle wrote:Dara: Agreed, totally! I'd love my sparklepony if it werent so loud, though. XD
Is it loud? I had no idea O: *plays with sound off*
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Same here, Daranara. I heard plenty of anger and contempt of sparkleponies, but I never got hated on for having one. I don't think the people hating on them were brave enough, at least on my realm. >.>

No lie, right? It was all rage rage rage about it, but I never ACTUALLY saw any. But then again, I might have been too busy hopping around on my shiny pony to notice. Ah well.

For me it's just a matter of trying to decide if I try and nab it the day it comes out, or wait a bit for the queues to die down.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

lilatha wrote:Update

I just hope that there will be a benefit/charity or something attached to this one, there are plenty of cash in the sale of just one of these to share a little with those whom are in need atm.

Jessibelle wrote:I gave them a 'nice' reminder that majority of players are infact NOT raiders and the game isn't centered around their needs/wants.
Whose needs/wants is it centered around then? I only ask as I'm curious...

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dara: Very. My drake is quieter. XD

Spirit: Probably the casual players that just play the game to have fun but cant raid for whatever reasons.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:I gave them a 'nice' reminder that majority of players are infact NOT raiders and the game isn't centered around their needs/wants.
Whose needs/wants is it centered around then? I only ask as I'm curious...
Arena, obviously. :P
/insert quip about arena ruining the game, etc.

I like to think WoW is a game for everyone. You can raid, or you can PvP, or you can quest, or you can RP or collect mounts or pets or gray items or tabards or the ex-girlfriends of your guild leader. Wanna dance on a mailbox to Lady GaGa? WoW lets you do that too!

There is however something known as the 'vocal minority'. While not everyone raids and not everyone PvPs, those two groups are the loudest about what they do and do not like, and therefore more likely to be heard. Although truthfully, cumulatively, I'd wager a guess to say that raiders outnumber roleplayers, for example, but I doubt they outnumber casual non-raiding players altogether.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Spiritbinder wrote:Whose needs/wants is it centered around then? I only ask as I'm curious...
I think she means the more general, relaxed players. I know I can't ever raid, simply because it takes too much time. I enjoy questing and playing the game, but I need to be able to get up and do other things without being tied to my chair.
With this mount, anyone with the money can buy it. It's a horrible sellout, but it also means that I can get a mount that I think looks really neat. The casual player can do the same. (Again, it is bought, so that does mean that not everyone can get it.)
I know there are casual raiders out there, though. :-)

D'oh, she beat me.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lupus and Nubby pinned the tail on the steed. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Wain wrote:
Ellaran wrote:Four legs at morning,
Two legs by day,
Three legs come evening,
What creature, say?
A cheap crappy Ikea chair ;)
I laughed out loud at this. Hard.

Blargh at "store" mounts I can't afford to waste money on. However, I must laugh at the peak--and I warn you, you may not be able to unsee it--of the lion's hair. I'm sure it's unfinished, but the high point of that lion's hair looks like a blood elf's do. It's most clearly visible in the last of the four pics. Maybe it'll get spikes in it, so part of it is transparent.

Meanwhile, though... I think of anime hair.