Good news for spending JP! Also, new title!

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Good news for spending JP! Also, new title!

Unread post by Miraga »

MMO Champ wrote:All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
Yay for cheaper stuff! Sorry if there's another topic on this!
MMO Champ wrote:A new feat of strength with an associated title, "the Camel-Hoarder", has been added for players that have bested Dormus and obtained the Reins of the Grey Riding Camel -- because there must always be a Camel-Hoarder.
Good news for everyone who got the camel from Dormus! :)

edited because apparently I can't read in the morning .___.
Last edited by Miraga on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Good news for heirlooms? Also, new title!

Unread post by Vephriel »

All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
This price reduction is only applicable to the trade goods, in other words the material items such as purchasable ore, herbs, mats, etc. This does not include heirlooms/gear or anything of that type.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Should make it less pointless to buy the commodities. :)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I like it being expensive for honor--otherwise you end up with bots farming to make gold through PvP. It's just something to use those extra points on imo.

Anyway, Camel-Hoarder--as I've been searching for this for ages with no luck, any clue if it's being removed (Dormus himself)? I know the statues also become untargetable in 4.1...
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I doubt the Grey Camel is being removed, the Feat of Strength will just be a testament to how hard it is to track down and get. :)
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Vephriel wrote:
All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
This price reduction is only applicable to the trade goods, in other words the material items such as purchasable ore, herbs, mats, etc. This does not include heirlooms/gear or anything of that type.
gah! Thanks for that. That's what I get for trying to read while half asleep. :( Oh well. Still another way to spend extra JP!
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: Good news for spending JP! Also, new title!

Unread post by Vetiver »

the statues are becoming untargetable??

eek, will npscan still be able to find them?

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

ugh this stinks more about statues not being targetable even. I've found 2 statues myself and both were dust :(

Maybe make statue less common but Always spawn Dormus???
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

Using points for the trade goods will help make it easier if you are just missing that one extra ore to get the mats for something or such.

I hope they don't remove the guy for good. I've found 3 of the statues but no camel. I don't like that they are making them non-targetable since they have stated that they only come up like 5 times a day. They are considered like other rares last I knew and they allow things like NPCScan to target those. You still have to beat everyone else to it and click it. Then unless it is going to be a guarantee to take to Dormus, then you still have the chance it is only dust. Totally a silly change and does not make any sense as it is luck based. The RNG has to love you for a moment so you can get this. You can camp the areas all you want but if you aren't there when it spawns and are the first one to click, you're just SOL. Much like rare monsters, you have to beat the crowd to get them. Something like Skoll is not going to spawn just because it is you that flew by and every time you fly by at that. You have to wait for it and then be the lucky one to get the tame. *shrugs* Makes no sense to me from either a player or coder standpoint.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

It's just one of those fun hating changes they make that doesn't make any sense. Like the trash drop gray necklaces from ZF that banker toons everywhere like to wear. They took away their wearable status recently. They also arbitrarily revoked the wearable status of Flores' Lost Seal, which was an UBER rare gray wearable ring that dropped off Sholazar wasps. It was the holy grail of bank alt jewelry, people paid tons of gold for it (I would have paid several thousand for it myself if I had ever found anyone with it for sale) and NO ONE except people who took an interest in their bank alts even knew what it was. How was that important enough to warrant a change of ANY KIND? It was hurting no one, and making lots of people happy. Cata comes out? No longer wearable. I would really like the hours I spent trying to farm one back, thanks.

But I digress.

Honestly, little stuff like this piles on and on and on, draining the fun out of the game for me. Sigh.

But now I am inspired to go make an official forum post about the necklace and ring! Not that anyone will read it, and it will be attacked by MVP coveting lapdogs and/or outright censored and deleted...but it's worth a shot!

/end derail

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I've found 3 or 4 statues myself, and no camel, so I hope they don't remove it.

And yeah Royi--NPC-Scan will still find it, and no, they won't always bring you to Dormus. You just have to manually find it once the addon triggers and, like usual, pray : /
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Acherontia wrote:I've found 3 or 4 statues myself, and no camel, so I hope they don't remove it.

And yeah Royi--NPC-Scan will still find it, and no, they won't always bring you to Dormus. You just have to manually find it once the addon triggers and, like usual, pray : /
eh shucks :( ~ Maybe i'll come across it randomly again.... eh probably not
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~