•Gnomish Gravity Well

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

•Gnomish Gravity Well

Unread post by Royi »

I saw on MMO CHAMP today that they finally fixed this. Has anyone on the PTR tried this yet?

Gnomish Gravity Well
Use: Temporarily reverse your gravity.

Its: http://www.wowhead.com/item=40727

http://db.mmo-champion.com/spell/95705/#13750/13793

Any help would be appreciated :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: •Gnomish Gravity Well

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

This does work on the 4.1 PTR as of build 13793. (Condition changed to Gnomish Engineer.)

It knocks you up into the air by 1-2 Night Elf heights. Has no CD, so you can hit it as fast as the GCD, bouncing higher and higher if you spam it. About 10% of the time it gives you the debuff 'Overheated', which disables the device for 15s.

It kills all forward velocity, so you can't run and Well-jump up onto things. But it does work while falling, so it could save you if your parachute cloak runs out of time.

Is not usable in Tol Barad or dungeons (tested in Violet Hold, Oculus, and Zul'Farrak - so being able to mount doesn't enable it). I'd guess it's unusable in BGs and Arena, too (not that you'd want to lose the trinket slot). It does work in buildings, however, so if you ever wanted to see the roof of the Stormwind Cathedral up close...

Visual looks like the Ultrasafe Transporter cast effect, except it's red.

Edited to add: Tested in Exodar and Azuremyst Isle - can't use it there, so I would imagine that any no-fly zone will disable it.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Being an engineer, I can't wait to play around with this one.

Here is my question-does it work in caves?

If it did, it might be a really nice way to get up to Jadefang for those engineers who have not yet gotten to him. (I got mine a month ago)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

You could possibly use it to get to jade, however, it cancels all "forward" moving momentum so I'm not sure how you were to get into the cave once you were level with it's opening... (well you could get high enough, shoot one of the shale spiders to enter combat, turn around and disengage yourself into the cave opening, but only if you comfortable with that kind of thing :lol: )

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

You could definitely use it to get to Jadefang.

As it is now it's basically taking your reliance on malfunctioning boosters and switching that with something that actually works 90% of the time. Shoot a shale spider, use the trinket, disengage. You might have to hit the trinket twice, my brain is a little fuzzy and I'm not sure how high it actually shoots you up(nelves are not units of measurement).

All in all, really cool. Shame I'm a Goblin Engineer. :(

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

This sounds awesome! Being a Goblin-Gnomish Engineer myself it'll likely be possible to shoot up in the air then simply rocket jump forward.

Can't wait. Thanks Spirit for the notes :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~