Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Good lord, some people will look for any reason to complain. This is a GOOD thing; they listened to their player base (something everyone says they don't do) and made a change that will make this system awesome. Now we might see enough people incentivized to queue as tanks and healers that DPS will eventually get Called to Arms as well.

Heaved forbid some of us may have to go out of our way to put a little effort into the game. :roll: Yes the tanks and healers get free shots at these mounts, but it's not as if they're exactly hard to obtain in the first place. All of those mounts are easily farmed on your own as a DPS, or you have the option to be a tank or healer. No one is forcing you to do anything--I'm so sick of seeing that argument.

I look forward to shorter queue times and the new BoA bags. :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Purrverted

Unread post by Purrverted »

Well I didn't spend time reading all the QQ from this idea Blizzard came up with. I applaud them. I think it is a great idea. I have many dps classes and I also have 4 lvl 85 tanks. DPS qq'd about queue times and this will fix it, hopefully. DPS classes are going to QQ now over tanks being called to arms more often than not. Well QQ all your way back to long queus if you don't want this going live. Then all of us who decided to do more for a group other than to dps and maybe cc from here to there will go back to to listening to you QQ about the times. Seriously, Mages are way to OP and look what happened, more mages came crawling out of the wood work. Sure it might be tanks being called to arms a lot more than other classes at the start. But you have to look at it down the road. This will help encourage people to try tanking or get back into it. That being said, there may now be some great tanks crawling out of the wood work now and everything will balance out down the road. I don't expect to queue on my DPS classes and be like "QQ, I am not being called in." Give it a few weeks maybe even a month or two and see if it balances out or not. I think its a great idea. Tanks and healers have to put up with a lot of crap from DPS classes. Every healer and tank know this. DPS is reckless and stands in aoe, won't listen to the group, dies and then QQ's about the heals or tank. On everyone of my tanks I have a macro that I click and it lists every class with a matching icon for their class specific CC at the start of a instance. Hunter/Square-Trap Mage/Moon-Sheep and so on all the way to a shamans elemental bind. I even ask that rogues start the CC with sap after they see i put a skull on the mob to be killed first, followed by hunter and the rest of the CC. More often than not, the first group does okay...2nd group you have huntards freezing Moon, Mages sheeping it after, 4 mobs looking for blood and a oom healer, cause the rest of the dps forgot that skull was the primary target. So with all this being said....I love it. Maybe it will persuade dps to switch over to a tank or heals and open their eyes to what we have to deal with in almost every single instance. Sure they may make one hell of a piss poor tank or healer but it just may open their eyes enough to be better as dps. So either Blizzard can remove this and all you DPS classes can go back to QQ'ing over waiting 45 mins for a fail group that later fails the entire run and waste a hour of your time setting you further back in your hunt for gear. ORRRR you can stop your QQ'ing now, give this a try for a month or two and see how it plays out in the long run. I hope this works the way Blizzard thinks it will in the long run so I can get in and get out on my hunter or lock or w/e dps class i want to play for the day with shorter queue times. Also if you don't like it and all you want to do is QQ. Then stop reading this, log onto your WoW character screen and delete all of your characters, log out and remove WoW from your PC. Then head on over to your local GameStop pick up rift and have a nice life. WoW is being dumbed down more and more every expack and seems shaped more to the QQ'er. I ask, no i beg you, leave now so the rest of us who like WoW the way Blizzard and the Developers of the game to run the game as they see fit. I think it's awesome and I hope this goes live. So long story short...If you are a dps QQ'ing about the idea of tanks always being called to arms and how this and that isnt fair....you can either shut up and color or you can grab a shield. IMO just delete the game from your PC, cause WoW is just that, WoW, a game....If you like it enough to play it then like it enough to let Blizz do things the way they see fit.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

After reading the OP and link...

I can understand why they are implimenting this, however I do not agree that certain rolls should be given added bonuses and others (dps) are being slighted. What I would rather see is something like if a tank or healer ques with this option and the dungeon is completed ALL members of the group get a goody bag. That to me is more fair and balanced. Not everyone has the focus, attention or desire to tank/heal.

Heres the link to the Wow Discussion forum on this topic: Blue post

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Purrverted wrote:ORRRR you can stop your QQ'ing now, give this a try for a month or two and see how it plays out in the long run.
Well said. Alot of "pure dpsers" have been flaming this pretty hard without knowing how its going to play out. basically the argument revolves around either ITS NOT FAIR... or OMG i'll get stuck with a crappy tank!@ (like that doesnt happen already sometimes...)
Purrverted wrote: If you are a dps QQ'ing about the idea of tanks always being called to arms and how this and that isnt fair....you can either shut up and color or you can grab a shield.
^^
lol

After reading some posts http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/224 ... ew_comment

It reminds me that there are a lot of players who "QQ" as you put it, every single patch on how this or that is going to destroy the game, or how this is stupid and i'm going to quit for sure since its unfair.... yet they've continued their subscriptions uninterrupted for 4+ years
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Makoes wrote:After reading the OP and link...

I can understand why they are implimenting this, however I do not agree that certain rolls should be given added bonuses and others (dps) are being slighted. What I would rather see is something like if a tank or healer ques with this option and the dungeon is completed ALL members of the group get a goody bag. That to me is more fair and balanced. Not everyone has the focus, attention or desire to tank/heal.

Heres the link to the Wow Discussion forum on this topic: Blue post
Did you miss the update where we've said that the bag is BoA now?

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

They decided to make the bags BoA?

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Purrverted wrote:you can either shut up and color or you can grab a shield.
Hey now, I like to color! D: I may or may not have some coloring books on hand... >___>

I really am wondering about the solo queue thing. I will always prefer a guild/friend run over going in by myself. Hopefully my boyfriend will level his tank fast so I can do heroics with him... *pokes boyfriend*
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Xakaal wrote:They decided to make the bags BoA?
Yes, I'll repost the quote even though it was already posted.
We’ve been following discussions and reading feedback on the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms feature, and appreciate everyone’s opinions on the topic. We wanted to share a few items though that supplement the recent announcement:

The additional reward for completing the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms (called the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries) will be Bind on Account; able to be freely sent to other characters on your account once you receive it.

An error existed in the announcement regarding flasks and potions being picked based on your spec. This is not the case. If someone earns a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries, and if it rolls the random chance to provide a potion or flask, it will be a randomly selected. This helps ensure a broad array of available flasks and potions for all characters.

We also wanted to clarify, mounts that have a possibility to be found in a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries are found with the same rarity as if you had slain the dungeon boss that normally drops them.
Source Link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1683 ... ll-to-arms

[/center]
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Miraga wrote:
Hey now, I like to color! D: I may or may not have some coloring books on hand... >___>

I really am wondering about the solo queue thing. I will always prefer a guild/friend run over going in by myself. Hopefully my boyfriend will level his tank fast so I can do heroics with him... *pokes boyfriend*
The only thing I dont like about it though is that you have to solo queue to get the goodie bag (IE you couldnt tag along with your BF tank)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Woot-- sorry Tyger i am really poor at trying to find updates to patch notes so i never read up on them-- cause i can never find em >.<;; i only saw the Call to Arms thing cause it was the first time to advertize to me on the worldofwarcraft website

Hmm, well, guess i should work on my druid and possibly my sham... thank god i have at least one support role on wyrmrest and silver hand.

Problem is my computer is very crappy and i bluescreen and lag spike in dungeons and all my graphic settings are set to the possible lowest and im in window'd mode which ppl say helps with the lag. ;^; im gonna have a rough time with getting these baggies

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Royi wrote:
Miraga wrote:

The only thing I dont like about it though is that you have to solo queue to get the goodie bag (IE you couldnt tag along with your BF tank)
Yeah, I'm lucky though in that he isn't an avid mount collector. He also has a longer attention span than I do so he can solo queue if he wants to when I get bored.

Is this on the PTR now? I just see that it's under PTR notes but I'm not sure which have been implemented yet or not. Also, how much gold is "some"? I guess it doesn't matter much because of all the dailies and quests out there but I'm curious. :)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:If you want the goodies without going into the dungeons, you ARE forced. Those dungeons are still annoying at 85....just sayin.
Well yeah you're forced to do something you don't want to do IF you absolutely refuse to go do old heroics from TBC and you have to have those mounts. Obviously you're forced to go out of your way to do something if you want it. So if you don't want to get Anzu by doing a daily heroic, and you want as many attempts at it as your tanks do, then yes. You'll have to queue as the desired class.

But I think what everyone is trying to get across is that you don't HAVE to do anything in the game. The entire dungeon LFG system is an option for those who want to use it. Vanity mounts have always been a perk, you don't actually have to have one. So if you don't want to tank/heal, then don't tank heal. =)

Also, the "10 VP is better" idea, isn't solving the problem. Blizzard posted why they arent doing that, it's because people will just get the VP they need and eventually the problem resurfaces. Even at this point, I see people selling their valor points for gold to other players. So no, that doesn't solve the problem.

But with minipets and mounts, you're sure to attract some interest. Sure, not everyone is into that, but some are definitely collectors.
This wont solve the problem either....eventually everyone that plays DPS is gonna be a tank/healer that suck or just quit all together with queing. Oh look! The same problem! Just different role! But wait....the call to arms doesnt apply to DPS. Only tanks and healers.

Case in point: This wont solve anything and I pray Blizzard never lets this go Live.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Apart from trying to get my healers somewhat prepared for it, by the time they are ready and i can heal i bet there will be so many tanks and healers in que that i can hop on a dps and get a goodie bag lol xD

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Jessibelle wrote:
Rikaku wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:If you want the goodies without going into the dungeons, you ARE forced. Those dungeons are still annoying at 85....just sayin.
Well yeah you're forced to do something you don't want to do IF you absolutely refuse to go do old heroics from TBC and you have to have those mounts. Obviously you're forced to go out of your way to do something if you want it. So if you don't want to get Anzu by doing a daily heroic, and you want as many attempts at it as your tanks do, then yes. You'll have to queue as the desired class.

But I think what everyone is trying to get across is that you don't HAVE to do anything in the game. The entire dungeon LFG system is an option for those who want to use it. Vanity mounts have always been a perk, you don't actually have to have one. So if you don't want to tank/heal, then don't tank heal. =)

Also, the "10 VP is better" idea, isn't solving the problem. Blizzard posted why they arent doing that, it's because people will just get the VP they need and eventually the problem resurfaces. Even at this point, I see people selling their valor points for gold to other players. So no, that doesn't solve the problem.

But with minipets and mounts, you're sure to attract some interest. Sure, not everyone is into that, but some are definitely collectors.
This wont solve the problem either....eventually everyone that plays DPS is gonna be a tank/healer that suck or just quit all together with queing. Oh look! The same problem! Just different role! But wait....the call to arms doesnt apply to DPS. Only tanks and healers.

Case in point: This wont solve anything and I pray Blizzard never lets this go Live.
Who the hell ever said CTA only applies to tanks and healers? Where are people pulling this bad logic from?
The Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms will now identify which class role is currently the least represented in the queue, and offer them additional rewards for entering the Dungeon Finder queue and completing a random level-85 Heroic dungeon.
The least represented class icon will show within the Dungeon Finder to indicate the role that is eligible to earn the bonus reward.
Players must queue solo with the currently indicated least represented class (by the system) and complete the dungeon up to and including the final boss in order to be eligible for the bonus reward.
The bonus reward will be displayed to eligible (system identified as least represented) classes within the UI.
Once the dungeon is completed the eligible player will receive a goodie bag with various potential rewards including: gold, rare gems, non-combat pets, and (very rare) mounts.
Nothing there says this only applies to tanks and healers.

[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

How likely is it that there's EVER going to be a surplus of tanks and healers? I've gotten' instant queue as DPS once, on a seasonal boss so pathetic you didn't need tank OR healer. Seriously, I did it with five DPS most of the time.

Anyway, DPS are going to get CtA maybe once or twice per year. Woo?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I was pointing out the flaw in Jessibelle's argument.

[/center]
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:How likely is it that there's EVER going to be a surplus of tanks and healers? I've gotten' instant queue as DPS once, on a seasonal boss so pathetic you didn't need tank OR healer. Seriously, I did it with five DPS most of the time.

Anyway, DPS are going to get CtA maybe once or twice per year. Woo?
Thank you Saturo. Tyger missed it totally. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Her argument is completely valid, it may be theoretically possible, but practically it's never going to happen.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Saying that CTA DOES NOT apply to DPS (which is exactly what you said Jessibelle) is a false statement, especially right after you said this can create a surplus of tanks and healers. CTA can apply TO ANY class/role that is needed at the time.

You people act like these mounts are extremely hard to get on your own or that this system is going to kill you. Either tank or heal and be happy they're making the bags BoA, or be happy that your queues as a DPS are being lowered.

For fuck's sake, they haven't even implemented the goddamn thing yet. WE DON'T KNOW HOW IT'S GOING TO WORK.

[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

There's a difference between practically and theoretically. Sure, in theory it can happen, but as it seems now it never will. Reading through this again it will only kick into action after a queue of 5min+ or such, and such a surplus will never happen.

The surplus wasn't with tanks or healers compared to DPS, it was with BAD tanks or healers compared to the decent ones we have now.