Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Miraga wrote:The mounts that drop from the bag are now BoA, according to MMO champ and the WoW website. Will need someone else to provide the link, as my phone = fail. I hope this makes more people willing to tank. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's easier to farm the low level mounts anyway, though it stinks that it won't be BoA.
I think they said the bag is boa, not the mounts. Either way, yay! Now that's a reason to try tanking again!
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

The mounts will be BOA too since they're going to be in the bag. Heres the quote from MMO
We’ve been following discussions and reading feedback on the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms feature, and appreciate everyone’s opinions on the topic. We wanted to share a few items though that supplement the recent announcement:

The additional reward for completing the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms (called the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries) will be Bind on Account; able to be freely sent to other characters on your account once you receive it.

An error existed in the announcement regarding flasks and potions being picked based on your spec. This is not the case. If someone earns a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries, and if it rolls the random chance to provide a potion or flask, it will be a randomly selected. This helps ensure a broad array of available flasks and potions for all characters.

We also wanted to clarify, mounts that have a possibility to be found in a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries are found with the same rarity as if you had slain the dungeon boss that normally drops them.
When you get the bag, perhaps you can open it, see a shiney mount, (dont loot it), then send the bag to the corresponding toon that you want to get it. Or else if that doesnt work just send the bag to your mount collector right away just in case.

1% chance for the bag to be a mount, and now if you go out and tank or heal you can send it to your hunter.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Royi wrote:The mounts will be BOA too since they're going to be in the bag. Heres the quote from MMO
We’ve been following discussions and reading feedback on the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms feature, and appreciate everyone’s opinions on the topic. We wanted to share a few items though that supplement the recent announcement:

The additional reward for completing the Dungeon Finder Call to Arms (called the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries) will be Bind on Account; able to be freely sent to other characters on your account once you receive it.

An error existed in the announcement regarding flasks and potions being picked based on your spec. This is not the case. If someone earns a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries, and if it rolls the random chance to provide a potion or flask, it will be a randomly selected. This helps ensure a broad array of available flasks and potions for all characters.

We also wanted to clarify, mounts that have a possibility to be found in a Satchel of Exotic Mysteries are found with the same rarity as if you had slain the dungeon boss that normally drops them.
When you get the bag, perhaps you can open it, see a shiney mount, (dont loot it), then send the bag to the corresponding toon that you want to get it. Or else if that doesnt work just send the bag to your mount collector right away just in case.

1% chance for the bag to be a mount, and now if you go out and tank or heal you can send it to your hunter.
Thanks for that!! No wonder I was confused. :P Either way, I like this incentive. :)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

*Scratches head* well .. it looks like I will be leveling up my healers.. got a lvl 10 priest, and a lvl 20 druid....
that may take awhile... *sigh*

hmm.. this is going to be interesting considering the only heals ive ever done is mend pet and unfortunately my pet can sometimes still die

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Sasrei wrote:*Scratches head* well .. it looks like I will be leveling up my healers.. got a lvl 10 priest, and a lvl 20 druid....
that may take awhile... *sigh*

hmm.. this is going to be interesting considering the only heals ive ever done is mend pet and unfortunately my pet can sometimes still die
you dont HAVE to heal, just play on your hunter and enjoy the shorter queue times!

(now if this doesnt shorten the queue times then there will be a problem)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

yah but I HAVE to heal if I want the bag in order to get the goodies.. I like goodies.. thats why I loved leveling up in dungeons at the lower levels cause the bags were fun as heck, I enjoy surprises! Sasrei is my mount collector so.. its useful, and Saon needs more mounts and stuff..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

At this rate, we *are* going to start needing DPS in the queues.... :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

one thing that i'm dissapointed is that you have to solo-queue though.

I've tanked a few Cata instances (only lvl 82) and i'm much more relaxed and happy to play with at least 1 or 2 of my guildies or friends in the group. I would hope if it says "call to arms" you should at least be able to bring 2 friends (that way still 2 others benefit with a quicker queue time). Maybe that wouldnt cut queue times down as much that way, but it would still encourage guild runs (3 people) and perhaps give tanks or healers a safety net about being flamed by the other 4 party members
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Royi wrote:one thing that i'm dissapointed is that you have to solo-queue though.

I've tanked a few Cata instances (only lvl 82) and i'm much more relaxed and happy to play with at least 1 or 2 of my guildies or friends in the group. I would hope if it says "call to arms" you should at least be able to bring 2 friends (that way still 2 others benefit with a quicker queue time). Maybe that wouldnt cut queue times down as much that way, but it would still encourage guild runs (3 people) and perhaps give tanks or healers a safety net about being flamed by the other 4 party members

Yeah the lack of guildies makes me cry too :(

Oh well, since it's Bind on Account...

Watch out Vengeance Battlegroup in the lvls 40-72 range! A Bad shammy healer, priest and paladin coming soon to a pug near you!

(and yes, I mean me)

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Yeah, to be honest, I can't see myself benefiting from the satchels much at all - I would prefer a run with even one guildie over a full pug and a 1% mount drop chance any day... at least in this stage of the game XD

Ah well, shorter queues should be nifty.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Guess I'll be forced to start leveling a tank or healer...../cry

Thanks Blizzard for forcing people who don't like to tank/heal to do so because you wanna treat them like special snowflakes when I can tank better than half of them as a DPS Hunter. -.-;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Miraga wrote:
Royi wrote:The mounts will be BOA too since they're going to be in the bag. Heres the quote from MMO

It's good to hear that the bag itself will be BoA. Like I said before, this will give me incentive to level up my paladin, dual-specc my DK, and play as my druid in resto, while knowing my collectors -- my Hunter for mounts, my Mage for small pets -- will have the benefits of shinys. I'm glad Blizzard came up with this solution. Hopefully the QQ-ing will pipe down now.

Besides, with this system, we actually have multiple chances for the mounts per day, that we wouldn't have just farming the instances. I can do a couple randoms on my tanks/heals, and farm MT on my hunter, for example. It actually works to our collectors' advantage, and it gives us incentive to learn classes we otherwise might not have. Learning new things is always good. That's why I rolled so many alts in the first place.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It doesn't help those of us whos alts are mostly DPS classes and HATE tanking and healing. It still screws a lot of people over. We're forced to do something we hate to do.

LisaaraPokefarm

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

@Cerah: I have to admit, I've never thought about this as an incentive to learn to heal/tank before. I think I might roll an alt and dual spec with some sort of healing class. I haven't healed since '06 and maybe I should give it another shot. :) Even if I nevr hit heroic-level healing, I will hopefully get a little experience. This might end up WORSENING my alt-oholism! Jeeze, just what I needed! X)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Jessibelle wrote:It doesn't help those of us whos alts are mostly DPS classes and HATE tanking and healing. It still screws a lot of people over. We're forced to do something we hate to do.
You're not forced to do anything though. These rare rewards can be obtained in other ways, most of which are easy to solo as a DPS class. This is just an alternative method for some class roles to have. They even made the loot BoA so if you happen to like tanking/healing the reward is not limited to that one character alone.

It's not as though we're losing something here. I'm not sure why some people are intent on focusing on what they're not getting rather than what everyone is gaining as a whole.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vephriel wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:It doesn't help those of us whos alts are mostly DPS classes and HATE tanking and healing. It still screws a lot of people over. We're forced to do something we hate to do.
You're not forced to do anything though. These rare rewards can be obtained in other ways, most of which are easy to solo as a DPS class. This is just an alternative method for some class roles to have. They even made the loot BoA so if you happen to like tanking/healing the reward is not limited to that one character alone.

It's not as though we're losing something here. I'm not sure why some people are intent on focusing on what they're not getting rather than what everyone is gaining as a whole.
Yes....gaining more bad tanks and failheals is definitely worth it. >_>

I don't see why Blizzard kicks the mounts/minipets out and just puts in like 10 extra VP. My guild said that'd be an even better incentive.

LisaaraPokefarm

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Vephriel wrote:

^^ :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

If you want the goodies without going into the dungeons, you ARE forced. Those dungeons are still annoying at 85....just sayin.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

But less annoying than tanking/healing a heroic? From the complaining about various 'special' people I hear from some tank/healer friends (and some scraps of experience with them in Wrath), I think I'd rather solo those dungeons as DPS. :lol:
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Jessibelle wrote:If you want the goodies without going into the dungeons, you ARE forced. Those dungeons are still annoying at 85....just sayin.
Well yeah you're forced to do something you don't want to do IF you absolutely refuse to go do old heroics from TBC and you have to have those mounts. Obviously you're forced to go out of your way to do something if you want it. So if you don't want to get Anzu by doing a daily heroic, and you want as many attempts at it as your tanks do, then yes. You'll have to queue as the desired class.

But I think what everyone is trying to get across is that you don't HAVE to do anything in the game. The entire dungeon LFG system is an option for those who want to use it. Vanity mounts have always been a perk, you don't actually have to have one. So if you don't want to tank/heal, then don't tank heal. =)

Also, the "10 VP is better" idea, isn't solving the problem. Blizzard posted why they arent doing that, it's because people will just get the VP they need and eventually the problem resurfaces. Even at this point, I see people selling their valor points for gold to other players. So no, that doesn't solve the problem.

But with minipets and mounts, you're sure to attract some interest. Sure, not everyone is into that, but some are definitely collectors.