more fire turtles in 4.2

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: more fire turtles in 4.2

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Jessibelle wrote:The tame was actually 20 seconds unless you had looooots of haste. But The Beast? I totally agree. He's still my hardest tame, Terrorpene couldn't compare. Terrorpene comes second because of how hard he hits but the Beast? He took me, a priest, and a shaman to pull it off and I was Lvl 80.
*Daydreams* Aaaahhhh good times good times. I was LOADED with haste (alliance main) including gear, pots, elixirs, food, gems and he still kicked my ass and the asses of the priest, shaman and paladin I had with me. I tamed him in the end but it was truly EPIC. Ah man what a night that was. *thinks back again*
Terrorpene was cake compared to The Beast and my alliance solo tamed him with minimal pretty much everything. Yes she got as close to death and she could come but it was still pulled off solo. I NEVER got that lucky, or even remotely lucky with The beast.
Mmmmmm good times good times.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

zedxrgal wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:The tame was actually 20 seconds unless you had looooots of haste. But The Beast? I totally agree. He's still my hardest tame, Terrorpene couldn't compare. Terrorpene comes second because of how hard he hits but the Beast? He took me, a priest, and a shaman to pull it off and I was Lvl 80.
*Daydreams* Aaaahhhh good times good times. I was LOADED with haste (alliance main) including gear, pots, elixirs, food, gems and he still kicked my ass and the asses of the priest, shaman and paladin I had with me. I tamed him in the end but it was truly EPIC. Ah man what a night that was. *thinks back again*
Terrorpene was cake compared to The Beast and my alliance solo tamed him with minimal pretty much everything. Yes she got as close to death and she could come but it was still pulled off solo. I NEVER got that lucky, or even remotely lucky with The beast.
Mmmmmm good times good times.
Deadpool earned those tags and we worked hard to get him. I was loaded with as much as I could afford, even gemmed haste and I still needed a priest and a shaman to help, granted it still took like...3 tries. I love Deadpool to pieces, even without his tags.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Yup still have Magma on my male dwarf - looks too cool with the corehound puppy to ever give him up, tag or no. ;)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I tamed the Beast with the help of my boyfriend's pally and a guildy's shaman. He was the first and only pet I ever tamed just as a showcase because of his unique tags. I had been having trouble clicking with a core hound on my hunter, and I liked that he was special. I regret taming him just for that because as soon as he lost the tags I ditched him and ended up with Chromaggus.

I've learned my lesson since then though; I don't tame beasts just because they're "special" anymore, I tame them because I want them and want to bond with them. Hell, when Terrorpene first came out, I wanted nothing to do with him. I saw how many people were gawking over him and I knew that I didn't want to hop on the bandwagon. But the more I flew around and saw Nemesis on my hunter, the more I fell in love with the model and skin until I started hunting Terrorpene while I was mining. I got him at level 81, no extra haste, no fire resist, and while having to wait for my bf to fly out on his pally. I died at least three times and not once did anyone else ever come around to him even though his area had been decently populated. I consider him my very lucky tame and it's firmly stuck in my mind that he wanted me to take him home.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

I didn't go after The Beasts for the tags, I went after him because I wanted a red corehound, and back then the only red options for that were TB, or else forming a "raid" and going into MC.

Since I always prefer doing this kind of thing solo, that meant TB was my only option.

Now, that was before I really understood how frikkin' hard it was to actually tame TB; after I'd gone through a couple weeks of the soooo-close-but-not-quite tries and failures with TB, I was starting to see his tags in a whole new light - now when I noticed someone with a boss tagged corehound, I felt respect for them. Because now I knew what it took to get one.

And when I finally managed the tame myself, I felt I'd earned both the pet and his tags.

But again - once tame changed to a 10 second cast, I knew the tags would become meaningless, so while I was sorry to lose them, I think it was pretty much inevitable.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I actually went after The Beast for the boss tag, but the whole experience made Hooch special to me, even when he lost the boss tag.

I can only hope that those who worked hard to tame Terrorpene at level 81 will find their fire turtle to be just as precious to them.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

*Looks at Hades* Yeah...he's not going anywhere. :D Little bugger's too cute to get rid of, even if he does become common. My bf and I know what we went through to get him for me, and that's all that matters. ^_^
I learned my lesson after taming a pet just for show--never again for me. :lol:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I tamed Terrorpene because I thought he was the coolest looking turtle in the game. It took me a while before I finally got him, but he was worth camping for to get a neat lookin turtle. Even if he wasn't a rare, I'd have tamed him. While there's a certain sense of accomplishment to taming a unique-skinned rare, it's not the ultimate reason for taming one. Not for me at least. So I'll be keeping my trusty lil tank Bernie.

I suspect Terrorpene is one of the most-tamed rares there is, really. I've seen a ton of other hunters with 'em Horde-side. Part of that may just be due to him being located so near Orgrimmar.
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Nachtwulf wrote:you'd think there was a whole field of fire turkles somewhere already.
Couldn't stop laughing at the idea of a fire turkle. :lol:

I have to admit I tamed Terrorpene just for something to do. I haven't really clicked with the model and vastly prefer my Ghamoo-Ra/Tortolla ancient turtle skin. With as common as the fire turkles are *snrk* might as well make them easier to snatch.

As for hardest tames; You all remember King Krush before taming was short? Ouch, big green meanie stomped my head so many times, but I'll never forget being down to my last haste pot and that golden ring flashing up. Ahh, good times.

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Yeh 20 sec Krush in public area - I was never brave enough to try that one. I just couldn't stand the thought of losing him to another player whilst struggling with my learning curve.

Although, back in the beginning I think he wasn't quite as nasty as all that, due to TBW (then) having a longer duration. Still plenty hard though.
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Having spent over 2 weeks camping Terrorpene myself, I am hoping there ARE easier ways for folks to get this skin of turtle should they want it, and my Kelvin will still be every bit adored by me even if there are flaming turtles waddling happily behind every darn hunter on my realm. LOL

However, I will whine about my poor Chase (Rak'Shiri) being blue again... but only because when I tamed him he was that dazzling white and black, and I rather liked that look. Not that I don't like the aqua tiger skin and all... but I liked Chase as, oh, Chase ;D

I love certain looks, rare or common, and will take the time to get the pets I LIKE-- and if Blizzard in their wisdom decides to make a skin I really LIKE easy for me to get, HOORAY! My pets are not a status symbol, they're what I want to run (or waddle, or fly, or glide...) at my side, and to fight with me as I travel all over Azeroth.

In the end, it's a game, and these are all pixels-- collect the ones you like. If others having the same pixels somehow devalues the work you put into getting yours, choose from the start to not go for it. Blizzard is notorious for making rare things common when they see fit, after all. Think of it as letting more people be as happy as you were when you got that tame. :D
Caanin
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Caanin »

I like the idea of more common fire turtle models, specially considering how stubborn Terrorpene is being with my tame attempts!!! However I would prefer the rares to remains slightly rare! I love the uniqueness of the Spirit Beasts, especially Loque'nak and I would probably feel very slighted if Blizz suddenly added a field of Loque modeled cats!!!

I got The Rake as my 1st non-standard Rare pet back in vanilla and his quicker attack speed was a big reason for hunters to get him!!! The same can be said about taming Brokentooth because he was an incredible pvp pet for interrupting casters back in vanilla. But more importantly taming rares was like a rite of passage for my hunter! I have always gone after Ichy (can't remember exact spelling of horde quest white lion) and Humar and Tak the Leaper because they were part of the great memories of playing WOW in the vanilla years and learning the game!!! I didn't care then nor now if every tom, dick, and harry had the same model, but I still believe that sometimes having something unique has great appeal, and as a casual raider at best, that happens very rarely for my toons!!!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Ugh, Broken Tooth. I hated him so bad. I hated that he was considered the 'OMGOMFGONLY PET 2 HAZ U NUB' and his skin was so BORING. And everyone and their brother had him and he didn't even have a gorram broken tooth. Whereas far superior cats (say, the snow leopards) were shunned because of not only a slow attack speed but a slow RUN speed...

To this day, I still kill him every time I find him in vengeance for making the game so damn lame. :P
(To be fair, I only kill tamables with common skins, but IT'S THE PRINCIPLE.) If I'd found him in the wild when he was uber I still would've killed him and laughed so hard at all the min-max weens out there.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Caanin
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Caanin »

Yep, Brokentooth was boring as hell, and I bet you there were 100 mages/casters, for every hunter, who hated Brokentooth even more then you do/did!!!
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Besides, we have no proof that the new fire turtles are even tamable.
^I'd say this. I bet they will be something like 87 since they are in a raid.

I don't like the idea that he would become common. I dislike the idea that 'oh we know he is the rare others don't need to know'. Its a fine view don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a dick it just negates the idea of a rare. Rares make hunters feel special and them being rare in themselves mean that the hunter went out and worked for that pet/skin.

Thats like giving a mount skin for downing say a raid boss or H/raid achs that any other player can get from a mount vendor. Not exciting or worth working for.

Hoping not to start up a flame fest by bring this up again it is like having a brown madexx all over again. I don't want to think that blizz would do that again or in the future. >.>

*puts up a flame shield*

Though I would not mind seeing him changed a lil bit if they do make the skin a common skin by letting the models be tamed in the raid. Turning his flames blue would add to my interest of his model or some simple armor like leg or head armor.

Though like others said his model fits in with the Fire lands all to well.

(Yes I do have him on both my capped hunters and know the camp it *can* take and will do it again on Brophy so I don't mind the camp *shrugs* thing is how you 'camp' them ;D)
Last edited by Bodhran on Fri May 06, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bodhran wrote: I don't like the idea that he would become common. I dislike the idea that 'oh we know he is the rare others don't need to know'. Its a fine view don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a dick it just negates the idea of a rare. Rares make hunters feel special and them being rare in themselves mean that the hunter went out and worked for that pet/skin.
I have to respectfully disagree. I went looking for Emberwing, Azzere, Slaverjaw, Araga, and Naraxis on my baby hunter just because they are rare, despite the fact that all of them have common skinned counter parts. They're still special to me regardless of their common skinned counterparts.

Why does everyone else need to know that your pet is rare? Most of the time people just stumble into them anyway. It's a matter of luck and RNG to find one, and not very many people outside of the hunter world and communities like this one even care about what pet you have at your side.

[/center]
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Bodhran wrote: I don't like the idea that he would become common. I dislike the idea that 'oh we know he is the rare others don't need to know'. Its a fine view don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a dick it just negates the idea of a rare. Rares make hunters feel special and them being rare in themselves mean that the hunter went out and worked for that pet/skin.
I have to respectfully disagree. I went looking for Emberwing, Azzere, Slaverjaw, Araga, and Naraxis on my baby hunter just because they are rare, despite the fact that all of them have common skinned counter parts. They're still special to me regardless of their common skinned counterparts.

Why does everyone else need to know that your pet is rare? Most of the time people just stumble into them anyway. It's a matter of luck and RNG to find one, and not very many people outside of the hunter world and communities like this one even care about what pet you have at your side.
Like I said its all well and good. Its just not my view on it. And maybe it is just showing off for the ppl in the know but hey maybe that is what I like to do with my hunters. All-in-all to each their own.

All the World of Warcraft is a RNG roll lol :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have found a ton of rares. Loque, Terrorpene, Arcturis, Madexx, Krush, you name it I've probably had it or have it on one of my hunters. (I have a lot of hunters, I'm weird like that.)

Know how many I've sat and camped for, for hours on end?

Zero.

None.

Not a one. I've found them either by falling over them, or by guild mates going HAY HAY LOOK 'fill in mob name here' is up!

Never, in five years of playing WoW have I ever had the desire to stare dully at the same patch of sand/grass/trees for hours or weeks on end in the hopes of finding some specific pet. It's boring as crap, and I have much better things to do with my life than pay to play a game that I'm not even -playing-, but just sitting on my thumbs. Really, if you want a 'rare' all you have to do is be patient. Check the zone a few times a week, or once a day or whatever. Let your friends know you're after something so they can let you know if they see it. But other than that... just play the game and keep an ear out and eventually I guarantee it'll pan out. Hell, even if you find him on a non hunter (something that's happened to me more times than I can count), I've always been able to have enough time to switch and run out to wherever it was before someone else got there.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bodhran »

Nachtwulf wrote:I have found a ton of rares. Loque, Terrorpene, Arcturis, Madexx, Krush, you name it I've probably had it or have it on one of my hunters. (I have a lot of hunters, I'm weird like that.)

Know how many I've sat and camped for, for hours on end?

Zero.

None.

Not a one. I've found them either by falling over them, or by guild mates going HAY HAY LOOK 'fill in mob name here' is up!

Never, in five years of playing WoW have I ever had the desire to stare dully at the same patch of sand/grass/trees for hours or weeks on end in the hopes of finding some specific pet. It's boring as crap, and I have much better things to do with my life than pay to play a game that I'm not even -playing-, but just sitting on my thumbs. Really, if you want a 'rare' all you have to do is be patient. Check the zone a few times a week, or once a day or whatever. Let your friends know you're after something so they can let you know if they see it. But other than that... just play the game and keep an ear out and eventually I guarantee it'll pan out. Hell, even if you find him on a non hunter (something that's happened to me more times than I can count), I've always been able to have enough time to switch and run out to wherever it was before someone else got there.
I tend to agree with camping is boring as hell. Several times my brother (who has a hunter as well) has gotten me to camp a rare spawn spot and after 30 mins - an hour I really wanted to do anything but play WoW. Never netted me a rare that way.

I tend to log out on spawn sites and then just log back in on them or do a few fly overs at odd hours. Works like a charm (*hint hint* between 3-5 am is a great time for rares)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:

Dream skins to tame:
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

This. *points*

As a matter of fact, Red Madexx fell into my lap just last night after I decided to do a late-night flyover of his spawn points. Just knowing where he spawns is enough, the rest is just checking for him when it's practical/convenient/(really late).