More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: More reason why Stags should be tameable in 4.2

Unread post by Lisaara »

It still looks like a normal bear compared to a druid. I've compared it with the bears in the wild and I have a druid toon myself.

But other hunters(not Rex and not necessarily anyone here) want Malorne himself. They dont want the marks removed. I personally want tameable stags but NONE using Malorne's model. Malorne should get a unique model, as he is a god. Hunters can live without a tameable mob in a patch. This patch is huge compared to 4.1. Hunter pets are probably the last thing on their mind, plus Hydras are in the works.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Setanta wrote:Wait so does this mean I'll never get my dream of having a stable full of druids as pets? :(
You CAN get a few. ;)

Druid flight form = Fjord Crow, ears included.

Note the old cat form. = Complete with elf ears and eyebrows. :D

Druid travel form = Dishu! Hunters get travel form at level 13. ;)

As for Arcturis, an agree to disagree, there. He has the Night Elf druid's crest, at the very least. And for the record, I have a druid myself.

Malorne may be a god, but that won't necessarily get him a unique model. Just ask the Maiden Of Virtue, a couple Old Gods, and a couple Dragon Aspects. Having Malorne be tamable is something I would not want either, but I see no reason why hunters who like the basic model could not hope for an update to the stiff-legged stags there are now. I honestly don't give a fig about Hydras, does that mean I should tell everyone hoping for them they should bugger off and wait until next expansion? No.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wouldn't mind stags getting an update but NOT to Malorne's model.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

That's you. That isn't the original poster. It doesn't make his wish less valid than ones you may have, and I'm mystified why he should be badgered over it as "barging in", being "spoiled enough", ad nauseum. Because he actually sounds no different than any other wish or suggestion I've seen made on this forum.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

reason i joined wow
Me watching my friend (23 rogue i think in darkshore) *looks at hydra in pure amazment*
Me: Dude that animal looks awesome!
Friend: yea, i think hunters can tame them too
Me: GAWK *went bought wow made a hunter*
Level 20! sweet go tame hydra.... failure
ahh well go to ashenvale see a stag, just wondering around.
Me: ZOMG must tame!
Game: creature is too high level for you to tame
So i go and find a lower leve one
Game: creature is untameable
Me: damn... *Later on after AQ comes out and i reach level 60, i am at 3 giant hive bosses"
Me: wouldnt those be cool pets???

In short... ive gotten my silithid collsus i wanted, i hope to god soon ill get a hydra, and i dont mind the stags being tameable, so 2/3 aint bad ill just never use another pet when hydras do become tameable again =P

signature thanks to Kurieno
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm at work, I'm stressed and tired which apparently makes my posts come off hostile and they keep getting misinterpreted so I'm done here.

For the record, we have a suggestion thread and about 2-3 other Malorne related threads this could have been placed in. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ijomi wrote:That's you. That isn't the original poster. It doesn't make his wish less valid than ones you may have, and I'm mystified why he should be badgered over it as "barging in", being "spoiled enough", ad nauseum. Because he actually sounds no different than any other wish or suggestion I've seen made on this forum.
I never said HE was spoiled. I said hunters. Thats a general statement, Ijomi. I never said barged in either so I'm gonna ask you to stop associating that one with me. You can't deny hunters AS A CLASS have been spoiled ROTTEN this expansion. I'm almost certain many here will agree with that too, whether they want Malorne's model or not. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

At no point did I quote you as saying "barged in", so not associating you with it is fairly easy to do. It was that statement, along with saying we've been spoiled enough, that struck me as a bit off, so they get listed together. Different posters, same theme.

Hunters have been given many nice pets this expansion. But that doesn't stop a lot of people from hoping for more, or certain things that were not given.

Hydras. How about Blazewing? Fire dogs. Fire spiders. Stags. Snails. Zhevras. Giraffes.

On this forum of all places, "spoiled enough" is a particularly weak ground for asking someone to stop wishing.

Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ijomi wrote:At no point did I quote you as saying "barged in", so not associating you with it is fairly easy to do. It was that statement, along with saying we've been spoiled enough, that struck me as a bit off, so they get listed together. Different posters, same theme.

Hunters have been given many nice pets this expansion. But that doesn't stop a lot of people from hoping for more, or certain things that were not given.

Hydras. How about Blazewing? Fire dogs. Fire spiders. Stags. Snails. Zhevras. Giraffes.

On this forum of all places, "spoiled enough" is a particularly weak ground for asking someone to stop wishing.
I never said for them to stop wishing. So I'll kindly ask you don't put words in my mouth either. I just stated my opinion and I think you need to take a step back and let people voice their pleasures/displeasures. No ones being mean. No ones attacking the OP. We're merely expressing our opinions and having a discussion. Last I checked, that's definitely allowed here. :) Just need to chillax and discuss.

So to get back to discussion, I'll clearly state my opinion since it seems to be interpretted wrong.

I PERSONALLY(meaning me), don't feel we should get Malorne's model or any alteration of it due to personal reasons and him being god-like and all. I do, however, support taming stags and getting a bit of cleanup on their models to make them better.
Last edited by Lisaara on Sun May 08, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Apparently you can't state your opinion unless you agree with the OP because I keep getting attacked for my opinion, or am I not allowed to have one? Anyway, when I get home to a real keyboard that isn't my phone, I intend to reformulate my opinion where hopefully word choice won't invalidate my entire point.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Apparently you can't state your opinion unless you agree with the OP because I keep getting attacked for my opinion, or am I not allowed to have one? Anyway, when I get home to a real keyboard that isn't my phone, I intend to reformulate my opinion where hopefully word choice won't invalidate my entire point.
I edited my post above yours to make a short summary of my opinion on the matter.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

We are spoiled. Spoiled rotten. We have our own dev who is very, very attentive to the things we want and I like to imagine he sits at a computer desk wearing a silly hat doing triple backflips over oceans of code to put in everything we want while Wain rattles off a list of requests*. We get pretty much everything we want - no one is saying stop asking for stuff, no one is saying let's remove the Suggestions forum, we're just saying take a step back and, you know, be grateful that you're not a paladin or druid or, hell, a shaman. Or warrior. Or basically anything that isn't a hunter.

Because Blizzard REALLY loves us. We're not saying "YOU'RE SO GREEDY" we're saying "Hey, we've been getting a metric ton of stuff lately!" and to a lesser, mostly unrelated extent, "I think certain NPCs deserve to stay unique.". We're saying be thankful.

I'm all for the old stags getting a retouch, maybe a nicer face so they aren't gettin' all creepy up in the target portraits(eeegh), but Malorne is special. And before you say it - yes, he's considerably more special than Tortolla because, uh, he plays a very large part in the Lore and has been fairly well-known for much longer than our turtle friend. We don't even have any word on the tameablility of stags at all to begin with, but there is a pretty heavy streak of "EVERYTHING SHOULD BE TAMEABLE ESPECIALLY THIS COOL X I SAW" as of late. It's not one person or a group of people it's just a mentality on its own, with Fandral and Malorne and the bone hounds and fire spiders and mounts and probably Thrall somewhere.

I know you're kind of outnumbered on the Malorne argument, but you can still hold a calm, rational debate without accusing anyone of anything. No one is really telling anyone to stop wishing - we're just saying to be thankful for what we've already gotten before asking for more.

*I'm well aware that it doesn't work that way but man I wish it did.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nubhorns wrote:We are spoiled. Spoiled rotten. We have our own dev who is very, very attentive to the things we want and I like to imagine he sits at a computer desk wearing a silly hat doing triple backflips over oceans of code to put in everything we want while Wain rattles off a list of requests*. We get pretty much everything we want - no one is saying stop asking for stuff, no one is saying let's remove the Suggestions forum, we're just saying take a step back and, you know, be grateful that you're not a paladin or druid or, hell, a shaman. Or warrior. Or basically anything that isn't a hunter.

Because Blizzard REALLY loves us. We're not saying "YOU'RE SO GREEDY" we're saying "Hey, we've been getting a metric ton of stuff lately!" and to a lesser, mostly unrelated extent, "I think certain NPCs deserve to stay unique.". We're saying be thankful.

I'm all for the old stags getting a retouch, maybe a nicer face so they aren't gettin' all creepy up in the target portraits(eeegh), but Malorne is special. And before you say it - yes, he's considerably more special than Tortolla because, uh, he plays a very large part in the Lore and has been fairly well-known for much longer than our turtle friend. We don't even have any word on the tameablility of stags at all to begin with, but there is a pretty heavy streak of "EVERYTHING SHOULD BE TAMEABLE ESPECIALLY THIS COOL X I SAW" as of late. It's not one person or a group of people it's just a mentality on its own, with Fandral and Malorne and the bone hounds and fire spiders and mounts and probably Thrall somewhere.

I know you're kind of outnumbered on the Malorne argument, but you can still hold a calm, rational debate without accusing anyone of anything. No one is really telling anyone to stop wishing - we're just saying to be thankful for what we've already gotten before asking for more.

Thank you! This is what I've been sayin!

Tameable Thrall....rofl...

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nubhorns wrote:We are spoiled. Spoiled rotten. We have our own dev who is very, very attentive to the things we want and I like to imagine he sits at a computer desk wearing a silly hat doing triple backflips over oceans of code to put in everything we want while Wain rattles off a list of requests*. We get pretty much everything we want - no one is saying stop asking for stuff, no one is saying let's remove the Suggestions forum, we're just saying take a step back and, you know, be grateful that you're not a paladin or druid or, hell, a shaman. Or warrior. Or basically anything that isn't a hunter.

Actually, I don't think I really need to reformulate my opinion, Nubhorns has put it succinctly.

A couple of other points I would like to make are: 1) Just because someone makes the mistake of some bad wording does NOT mean that it invalidates their entire opinion/post/point/etc. Most of the time I only have about ten minutes while on break to make a post, sometimes an hour if I happen to be on lunch. When I'm at work I tend to be in a sour mood for reasons that don't need to be gone into on this thread--I can't be the only person who makes bad wording choices.

However, my point with that is, to make your ONLY argument based around a couple of badly chosen words is in poor taste and purposely going around the posters original intent to make an argument in your favor.

2) Rex, don't twist my words and put words into my mouth please. :) I never once said that just because Blizzard has A LOT on their plate with 4.2 and that I THINK stags shouldn't become tamable this next patch does NOT mean that I never want stags to be tamable--please stop insinuating that. I'm also going back to my original statement of probably not wanting to see Malorne's model become tamable; I apologize for being confusing there.

I think it is VERY unlikely that Blizzard would add a tamable family in this patch when they haven't even finished hydras, which they appear to have at least started. Have you even looked into the stuff they've previewed for this patch so far? It's a lot; especially after they made the announcement that their goal is to produce quicker, shorter content patches. There's a LOT of clues pointing to a strong unlikelihood of stags becoming tamable this next patch. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see them become tamable, I just think it's a long ways off for now.

And, just to add this disclaimer before someone tears it apart again: This is all my OPINION.

[/center]
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Saying hunters have been "spoiled enough" is all well and good but actually, when someone's main pet wish has been stags since Vanilla (like me, along with Giraffes), just because they have added new skins, other new families and might add Hydras doesn't help that person anything.

I know they've done alot for hunters, but I would love even the normal stags to become tameable. I could certainly see them adding a "normalized" Malorne stag model (probably as a spirit beast) without all the feathers etc. I mean, Tortolla has a tameable version, Nemesis has a tameable version, we can tame all the Silithid faction leaders etc.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nobody here has once said that stags should never become tamable. Where do people keep finding this to insinuate it?

[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Nobody here has once said that stags should never become tamable. Where do people keep finding this to insinuate it?
Good question. I clearly stated I wanted stags to be tameable. Just not Malorne's model.

LisaaraPokefarm

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

I wasn't, but people keep using the reason that hunters have been spoiled over their pets as to why we shouldn't get them sooner rather than later, which is true, although as I said the same people that want stags aren't always going to be people that care about Hydras or the other new stuff they've added (not that I am one, Olm and possible Hydras are going to be sweet).

Also, although Malorne is a lore character, and I wouldn't want the model to be straight up tameable as is, I see no reason why an edited version with all the effects turned down and a different set of colors wouldn't be able to be tameable. It would just end up being a higher quality ordinary stag basically, and you can't really expect them to create a 3rd stag model just so hunters might end up with a better non-Malorne stag if they ever become tameable.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The reason the spoiled term keeps coming up is exactly because we seem to be asking for things now now now. Yes, it would be nice to have these things soon, however, do the people asking have any idea how hard it is? How long it takes? Any idea behind the work Blizzard has to do on a daily basis?

Just from watching the process going on with the hydras we can see that it's no easy task to implement a brand new family as a tamable pet.

[/center]