LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: PTR Build 14040 - New Items, Spell Changes, Icons, and M

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

So is the new faction associated with the raid, the dailies, or both? I thought I saw a blue post that implied the dailies would give Guardians of Hyjal rep?

And I wonder what flight points they will be removing?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

GormanGhaste wrote:So is the new faction associated with the raid, the dailies, or both? I thought I saw a blue post that implied the dailies would give Guardians of Hyjal rep?

No idea.

LisaaraPokefarm

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

GormanGhaste wrote:So is the new faction associated with the raid, the dailies, or both? I thought I saw a blue post that implied the dailies would give Guardians of Hyjal rep?

Sounds like the dailies give "Avengers of Hyjal" rep (if you look at MMO-champion, they have a partial list of rep rewards). It's a new rep seperate from Hyjal rep that we currently have.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Any Idea how many quest you need to do there before your in the proper phase for the fire land questing phase. Apparently if you didn't do all of Hyjal some stuff is phased and the NPC's will either not be there or not in the right spot.. Trying to do Guardians of Hyjal: Call of the Ancients right now. I only have 59 Hyjal quest completed.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:Any Idea how many quest you need to do there before your in the proper phase for the fire land questing phase. Apparently if you didn't do all of Hyjal some stuff is phased and the NPC's will either not be there or not in the right spot.. Trying to do Guardians of Hyjal: Call of the Ancients right now. I only have 59 Hyjal quest completed.
I think you need to do all of it, up to defeating Raggy.

LisaaraPokefarm

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

UTTER, COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I hate Hyjal. Forcing us to endure all that torture is just mean. GG, BLIZZ. -.-

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:UTTER, COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I hate Hyjal. Forcing us to endure all that torture is just mean. GG, BLIZZ. -.-
/pet

I'd ask if you need me to hold your hand but I fear several things....

1. You'll break it.
2. You'll incinerate it.
3. You'll blow it up.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

No ones forcing you to do anything...
:roll:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
AdamSavage

I think it's pretty stupid how it's all phased on you.. I really hate phasing at times.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

http://ptr.wowhead.com/faction=1204#comments
^-
"Will require 20 marks of the world tree until you can progress on to the next part of questing."
No dps or healer items on the list as of yet. I wonder if there's going to be upgradable ring like with the Ashen Verdict..

All the comments considering the faction though, seem to indicate it's tied to the raid, and that the dailies would give Guardians of Hyjal rep instead. It's all looking pretty good so far, can't wait to see what they've got in store for us. :3
AdamSavage

Guess I should start on finishing the Hyjal quests I didn't do. I wonder at one point will it unphase to you.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:Guess I should start on finishing the Hyjal quests I didn't do. I wonder at one point will it unphase to you.
You probably have to defeat Ragnaros

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Jessibelle wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:Guess I should start on finishing the Hyjal quests I didn't do. I wonder at one point will it unphase to you.
I have no idea how far into the quest that is but I've only done 58/115 quest there so I have some ways to go. Stupid that they force you back into the zone and finish every quest in there..

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
I have no idea how far into the quest that is but I've only done 58/115 quest there so I have some ways to go. Stupid that they force you back into the zone and finish every quest in there..
Yeah it is but at the same time, it's understandable cause it progresses the storyline. I personally love the area. If I were on your server, I'd help the best I could.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

AdamSavage wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
As much as I agree that sometimes phasing can be terrible, I have experienced that 1st hand, the completion of the story in the area really does kick on to the beginning story of firelands. This is just a guess, but an educated one, but think back to the Argent Tournament. Weather you loved or loathed that area, My guess and hope that this may operated in the same fashion. You could enter the raid, and dungeons there, but to access any of the vendors/awards/seals etc. you had to do the chain quests associated.

The fireland hub sounds like a very fleshed out version of this. The dailies much more diverse, and the area also involves phasing as well. They have stated that you can interact with one another regardless of your progression of the storyline. The only thing I'm not 100% on is weather you must finish all the quest chain to even enter the raid. If they did that I agree, it would be a little cumbersome, especially if you lvled in Vash per say, and not even one of the quests in Hyjal.

I actually had to do that. At lvl 85 I went to Hyjal for the 1st time. I actually did for the faction and guild rep earlier on in the peace. But I'm happy to let you know you will also make a good chunk of gold in the process. Lastly doing it at 85 is a bit of a walk in the park compared to what it would have been at 80-81 aslo, so hopefully that will ease the journey.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:
Jessibelle wrote: You probably have to defeat Ragnaros
As much as I agree that sometimes phasing can be terrible, I have experienced that 1st hand, the completion of the story in the area really does kick on to the beginning story of firelands. This is just a guess, but an educated one, but think back to the Argent Tournament. Weather you loved or loathed that area, My guess and hope that this may operated in the same fashion. You could enter the raid, and dungeons there, but to access any of the vendors/awards/seals etc. you had to do the chain quests associated.

The fireland hub sounds like a very fleshed out version of this. The dailies much more diverse, and the area also involves phasing as well. They have stated that you can interact with one another regardless of your progression of the storyline. The only thing I'm not 100% on is weather you must finish all the quest chain to even enter the raid. If they did that I agree, it would be a little cumbersome, especially if you lvled in Vash per say, and not even one of the quests in Hyjal.

I actually had to do that. At lvl 85 I went to Hyjal for the 1st time. I actually did for the faction and guild rep earlier on in the peace. But I'm happy to let you know you will also make a good chunk of gold in the process. Lastly doing it at 85 is a bit of a walk in the park compared to what it would have been at 80-81 aslo, so hopefully that will ease the journey.
Hehe. You said it better than I did. Yes, completely agreed with this. Hyjal has an amazing storyline and I never found it boring, personally.

LisaaraPokefarm

Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

Spiritbinder wrote:This is just a guess, but an educated one, but think back to the Argent Tournament. Weather you loved or loathed that area, My guess and hope that this may operated in the same fashion.
As long as there's no jousting.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Fafnir wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:This is just a guess, but an educated one, but think back to the Argent Tournament. Weather you loved or loathed that area, My guess and hope that this may operated in the same fashion.
Didn't anyone tell you? You earn credits by the daily catching of woodland creatures lost in the flames.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Fafnir wrote:
Didn't anyone tell you? You earn credits by the daily catching of woodland creatures lost in the flames.
Fuuuuuuuuuu.....*dies*

LisaaraPokefarm