Firelands Raid Preview

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Loronar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eredar US

Firelands Raid Preview

Unread post by Loronar »

Good morning, everyone. I just wanted to upload some screenshots from yesterday's PTR testing of the new Firelands encounters. Beth'tilac was up for testing for 2 hours yesterday. You can find out more at my blog, including a look at the new Baradin Hold boss. I will be back there later today for the testing on Lord Rhyolith. If you want more screenshots of anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get them later.
This is what the Firelands environment looks like. It's very barren but is not like what you see in Molten Core.
This is what the Firelands environment looks like. It's very barren but is not like what you see in Molten Core.
WoWScrnShot_051111_194642.jpg (260.56 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Meet Beth'tilac, probably the first encounter most raid groups will attempt when the raid goes live.
Meet Beth'tilac, probably the first encounter most raid groups will attempt when the raid goes live.
WoWScrnShot_051111_185854.jpg (196.87 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
There are also Magmaw-like creatures and babies(?) in the lava rivers.
There are also Magmaw-like creatures and babies(?) in the lava rivers.
WoWScrnShot_051111_194141.jpg (291.84 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
The bridge to Fandral's encounter and Ragnaros' inner keep is currently inaccessible because of an absent bridge.
The bridge to Fandral's encounter and Ragnaros' inner keep is currently inaccessible because of an absent bridge.
WoWScrnShot_051111_193753.jpg (250.63 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Here's a glance at the zone map and relative locations. There are currently no trash mobs, so you're free to roam about.
Here's a glance at the zone map and relative locations. There are currently no trash mobs, so you're free to roam about.
WoWScrnShot_051111_194317.jpg (306.54 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Re: Firelands Raid Preview

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Ooh looks cool :)

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Its very... flat :lol: i was hoping for rivers and creeks and streams of lava everywhere with gushing volcanos and just a few flat places with the rest being like a massive earthquake hit xD

They're releasing the inner sanctum content soon i believe i read somewhere, so the bridge should be implimented soon, hopefully it will look bad ass with it being ragnaros and all :D

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I had a friend of mine on PTR. He said the spider boss was UBER HARD. Makes Cho'gall look like chocolate cake.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Loronar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eredar US

Unread post by Loronar »

There are definitely lava rivers, but they're mostly toward the rear of the instance. You shouldn't fall in them because I don't think there is a way to jump out from them. There are, however, a lot of lava pools that hit quite hard per second (think Terrorpene).

Here are screenshots from yesterday's testing of Lord Rhyolith, possibly named after rhyolite. There isn't much to photograph encounter-wise of him in action since he's so large. (Wowhead probably did a better job photographing him than I did.) Someone in our group dubbed him the new Supremus.

The fight spawns several types volcanoes that you have to make him dodge and and hit, depending on the type of volcano. You turn him by shooting at his left or right foot. He will spawn two types of fire elemental adds as well.
Lord Rhyolith, which will probably serve as a DPS and coordination check.
Lord Rhyolith, which will probably serve as a DPS and coordination check.
WoWScrnShot_051211_185006.jpg (156.31 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Rhyolith's encounter introduces an additional UI element to help you see what he is doing.
Rhyolith's encounter introduces an additional UI element to help you see what he is doing.
WoWScrnShot_051211_184527.jpg (326.27 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Remember the scene with Malorne? Lord Rhyolith's model has now replaced the abomination that fought him.
Remember the scene with Malorne? Lord Rhyolith's model has now replaced the abomination that fought him.
WoWScrnShot_051211_063417.jpg (232.37 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

I am blogging from 35 yards out, where the view is always better.
Loronar (US-Eredar, Alliance)