Screen shots of 4.2 new tamables

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Screen shots of 4.2 new tamables

Unread post by Lisaara »

Teigan wrote:WTB more stable slots please. I'm sorry Singe the lava tartanula, but you are getting an "upgrade."
Chatter's getting a bit of an upgrade too....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Jessibelle wrote:I'm glad the black Madexx is common now. The prettier colors are the rare ones. :3
Vulkoor demands you take that back!!! :O

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhyela wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:I'm glad the black Madexx is common now. The prettier colors are the rare ones. :3
Vulkoor demands you take that back!!! :O
Okay okay! Wrong choice of words....XD I meant the the more...vibrant colors......better?

LisaaraPokefarm

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Jatbirkkal wrote:The point I want to make is: What do you think would happen if Sambas, Karoma, and Terroropene all became common mobs? People would rage.
I, for one, wouldn't rage. Sorry. :)

If Sambas became common I would be happy that the hunters who want a lion but don't have the time or means to camp on a highly patrolled area wouldn't have to make-do with one of those ye olde models. Karoma is arguable anyways because one can still tame (at least for now) a Ghostpaw Runner in Ashenvale. Firelands would be a logical place to put fire turtles in so what can we do? Developers will use their resources if the need be and I'm pretty sure that kind of requirement will overdrive any "yay shiny rares" status the model might have. ;P

And yes, I have all three: Sambas, Karoma and Terrorpene.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yoruko wrote:
Jatbirkkal wrote:The point I want to make is: What do you think would happen if Sambas, Karoma, and Terroropene all became common mobs? People would rage.

If Sambas became common I would be happy that the hunters who want a lion but don't have the time or means to camp on a highly patrolled area wouldn't have to make-do with one of those ye olde models. Karoma is arguable anyways because one can still tame (at least for now) a Ghostpaw Runner in Ashenvale. Firelands would be a logical place to put fire turtles in so what can we do? Developers will use their resources if the need be and I'm pretty sure that kind of requirement will overdrive any "yay shiny rares" status the model might have. ;P

Agreed with this and I too have all 3. :) Plus theres the fact Karoma's model isn't original. People had the Grimtotem Spirit Guide. Really, a lot of them didn't rage about Karoma being around. The ones I knew on my server didn't really care it seemed.

LisaaraPokefarm

Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

Teigan wrote:WTB more stable slots please. I'm sorry Singe the lava tartanula, but you are getting an "upgrade."
*hears Swelter crying in the background*
LOOK WHAT YOU DID!

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yoruko wrote:

So, why have rares at all?

Honestly, I can't understand why some people (not you Yoruko) want to have everything without any work or effort (or luck)... While I don't mind some of the Madexx skins becoming common, if they were all available, I'll probably just ditch the ones I have. I don't use them for raiding, so why bother if I can grab one anytime?

There should a select few pets that require time, effort, and some luck to get.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Unggoy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by Unggoy »

So want that orange spider, omg. Of course, everyone else will probably also have it, w/e.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I'm really happy the black Maddex skin will be a common now! The *only* time I've ever even heard of him spawning on Alterac was when I was offline for a month for exams. Luckily, my guildie managed to tame him. She really likes her "ipinch" too.

I really don't see why anyone would whine about a formally rare-only skin on a common mob. People who have the actual Black Maddex will still know it's him. Besides, how's it any different from the numerous old-world rares that share skins with commons, like Takk the Leaper, or the Rake, or Snort the Heckler, etc. ? I still regularly hear about people camping Humar, even though Pitch has the exact same skin. Does that make Humar any less special to those that have him? Usually not, so why should this new scorpid be any different for Black Maddex owners?

To anyone that does disagree, I refer you to these two TVTropes:

They Changed It Now It Sucks

Ruined FOREVER!!!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I want to see an in-game screenie of the purple spider, its the one i plan on taming if its tameable (im sure purple, green, and red are gonna me the extremely common ones and yellow end up being the one left out lol *pets yellow* sorry yellow but your just not as interesting as the rest)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The black Madexx model with the red accents really suits this area. :) The fact that it will be easily obtainable doesn't even factor as an issue with me. Asmodeus was a special tame for me, he knew I was after that colour, and nothing changes anything with how I feel about my pet. ^^

Those spiders look really amazing, I love the details on them! I'm also looking forward to the purple one, though I don't think I'll have room for one myself.

/still anxiously awaits Hydra developments
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_013111_162246.png
WoWScrnShot_013111_162246.png (794.6 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
Last edited by Vephriel on Mon May 16, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Vephriel wrote:The black Madexx model with the red accents really suits this area. :) The fact that it will be easily obtainable doesn't even factor as an issue with me. Asmodeus was a special tame for me, he knew I was after that colour, and nothing changes anything with how I feel about my pet. ^^
My sentiments exactly. Though I wasn't intially after black, the way that I ended up bonding to him was too special to just throw away because his color is suddenly on a common mob. :)

I do think hydras will be tameable in the near future, we'll see which patch they are shipped with though. I'm don't really care for them at the moment (though I do kind of like the silver one), but I know just about everyone else wants one. ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Glad they're evening out all the maddex colors it seems.

I don't know what the reaction will be if they give them all common skins, though. :S Personally I'm happy, but I dunno if other people will be

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Vephriel wrote: Image
:O Wheres that gorgeous robe from

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I think it's fair that atleast some of the colors of Madexx are common tames. They could always recolor the maned lion.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Vephriel

Xakaal wrote::O Wheres that gorgeous robe from
They're called Sparklight Robes, I believe they were a quest reward in Deepholm. :)
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

*writes down on her computers notepad* tyy ^-^

and yea id love to see different colors of the Sambas model, and definitely a black bodied/white striped/red eyed warp stalker. I forget who recolored a warpstalker like that but it was this evil and totally awesome looking creature

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Vephriel wrote:
Xakaal wrote::O Wheres that gorgeous robe from
They're called Sparklight Robes, I believe they were a quest reward in Deepholm. :)

Veph, Like most girls, have a small problem, it's called the "Just one more dress syndrome"

However, unlike Veph, when most girls try to buy just one more dress, they don't run outta BANK SPACE :lol:

Where on earth do you keep them all Veph! :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel

Xakaal wrote:and definitely a black bodied/white striped/red eyed warp stalker. I forget who recolored a warpstalker like that but it was this evil and totally awesome looking creature
Heehee, you mean Morbidak? http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 00#p181000 I'd like to see one like that too. :lol:

SB, practically the only free space I have is my main 16 slot Backpack.

My bank, all slots purchased, is filled with outfits in all the bags with the exception of a single mining bag to keep Ore and such in. Out of the equipped bags on my character, 2 and 1/2 are outfits I carry with me at all times.

Need larger outfit bags or more bank space Blizz. T_T
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Vephriel wrote:
Xakaal wrote:and definitely a black bodied/white striped/red eyed warp stalker. I forget who recolored a warpstalker like that but it was this evil and totally awesome looking creature
Heehee, you mean Morbidak? http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 00#p181000 I'd like to see one like that too. :lol:

SB, practically the only free space I have is my main 16 slot Backpack.

My bank, all slots purchased, is filled with outfits in all the bags with the exception of a single mining bag to keep Ore and such in. Out of the equipped bags on my character, 2 and 1/2 are outfits I carry with me at all times.

Need larger outfit bags or more bank space Blizz. T_T
OMGOMG, THAT is awesome!

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]