New hairstyles (ptr 4.2)Edited!

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: New hairstyles (ptr 4.2)Edited!

Unread post by Novikova »

I ... really don't like the female Draenei one.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

they should just give female taurens as many horn options as the male taurens, I mean haven't you seen the horns with the jewel caps on the end, those look neat.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Hey art department, I'd still love to see a bit more short styles and facial hair for Blood Elves! :< Pretty please? <3
MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

Personally I'd just like to see the human male HAIRLIP fixed, pasted, plastered over, plastic surgery-ed, and buckshot blasted off the face of Azeroth.

Well, actually I'd also like to see additional physique models. Y'know, for those people who DON'T want a buff male spell caster or a waif thin female warrior. And also the option to scale a character up or down up to say... 20% because I like short characters... like I am in real life.

And give us the tatoo "shirts" that many of the npcs are wearing!

edit: spelling
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

some of those are amazing (night elf and gnome in particular!) and some of them are pretty meh...but my MAIN concern is WHY DIDN'T HUMAN MALES GET NEW HAIR??????

there is literally not a single hair style for human males that doesn't look derpy and/or child molester-y.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

I am loving the new orc female hairstyles! It's about time they got some love :D I really, really wish they would make a shoulder length or slightly below cut for blood elf males :(

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

Nachtwulf wrote:What about male humans? Male humans have like... exactly TWO decent hairstyles, and the hairlines are broken on about half of them so that there's no blending between the hair and your forehead so it looks like a toupee. It's HORRIBLE. And it hasn't been fixed since the first days of the damn barber shop too even though I've ticketed it and complained on the forums since BC. But ooooooh no.

Come on Blizzard, fix what's BROKEN before adding new crap.
Also most of the male worgen hairstyles are similarly broken. Just check out the 'loose' hairdo on them if you want to see what I mean.

Image Image
Hehe...old post is old, but this blending problem is also present on male Tauren player character models. Seems perfectly fine for most of the Tauren NPCs...but, yes. The "blending" texture is missing from male tauren facial hair styles. I'll post screens or something.

Yup! Here it is:

Note that the tauren NPC on the left is the one WITH proper blending for facial hair. The tauren on the right is my shaman, a player character, and he does NOT have blending. All male tauren player characters have these textures missing. I know. I have tons of them. (Love tauren.)

I also assure you that this is not a difference between different faces, skin colors, etc. I simply needed to find a tauren with the same facial hair for comparison. This particular skin/hair color combo isn't as noticeable as others, but it's still fairly clear that something screwy is going on. D;
Arantxa
Realm: Smolderthorn

Unread post by Arantxa »

yes we definitely need more hair styles!!!! Being a girl (in game and rl) we need more styles to choose from! ;)
"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is, to enjoy it."
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I'd love it if we got some more hairstyles for human guys (and if they fixed the weird thing where if you don't have facial hair there's lways a giant dot on your nose, no matter what ace you choose) and, because I love me some belves and space-goats, some more female styles for them and for female draenei? I'd also love it if we could get all the avaliable hairstyles for our race from the start. <3
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Re: New hairstyles (ptr 4.2)

Unread post by Aritria »

Macha wrote:
Yaone wrote:Troll did get two new ones, if someone else wants to get pics I would be great.

Till then, here is a blood elf pic with the new hair!
They finally decided to release the Belf-girl ponytail? *dies happy*
That is very nice! Sleek, I like it.
Macha wrote:I kinda like the Sailor Nelf Moon hairstyle. :3
LOL You too, huh?
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

Lohuran wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:What about male humans? Male humans have like... exactly TWO decent hairstyles, and the hairlines are broken on about half of them so that there's no blending between the hair and your forehead so it looks like a toupee. It's HORRIBLE. And it hasn't been fixed since the first days of the damn barber shop too even though I've ticketed it and complained on the forums since BC. But ooooooh no.

Come on Blizzard, fix what's BROKEN before adding new crap.
Also most of the male worgen hairstyles are similarly broken. Just check out the 'loose' hairdo on them if you want to see what I mean.

Image Image
Hehe...old post is old, but this blending problem is also present on male Tauren player character models. Seems perfectly fine for most of the Tauren NPCs...but, yes. The "blending" texture is missing from male tauren facial hair styles. I'll post screens or something.
Yup! Here it is:

Note that the tauren NPC on the left is the one WITH proper blending for facial hair. The tauren on the right is my shaman, a player character, and he does NOT have blending. All male tauren player characters have these textures missing. I know. I have tons of them. (Love tauren.)

I also assure you that this is not a difference between different faces, skin colors, etc. I simply needed to find a tauren with the same facial hair for comparison. This particular skin/hair color combo isn't as noticeable as others, but it's still fairly clear that something screwy is going on. D;
You mean those "sideburns" that NPCs and Tauren DK have and all the other playing tauren don't? It's so annoying, I think this bug is here since vanilla.
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

I want more human-looking hairstyles for male draenei. If my paladin could have long, loose hair that hangs around his face, combined with a good-looking forehead crest/horns, that would be amazing. There aren't many good styles for spacegoat dudes--we got stuck with the goofy emo hair and the long hair with the horrific spike sticking out of the back of their head, among others.

And wtb more loose hairstyles for the females, as well.
Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by Vignax »

Wow, wtf is the 3rd one from orc male? O_O

Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

Dear Blizz, Fandral's new haircut for all male nelves, plz and thank you ;o;

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Ryno wrote:
Tårnfalk wrote:i agree that the ne once looks like cheerleaders or little girls :(
Fairly certain it was the female night elf /cheer animation that made me think that. Hairstyles aside.

Both seem out of place with the lore, but ah well.

Just sayin'.
*nods* Female night elves have such an incredibly strong independent streak, from ages of fending for themselves as the (mostly male) druids were in hibernation. However, some of their animations sure do match the character of those new hairstyles...
Rhyela wrote:I like the orc and troll female ones. The night elves...bleh. They just look too.....I dunno. If I say what I think, I'll probably offend someone. :lol:
You've piqued my interest; what was it that you were thinking?
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Cialbi wrote:
Rhyela wrote:I like the orc and troll female ones. The night elves...bleh. They just look too.....I dunno. If I say what I think, I'll probably offend someone. :lol:
You've piqued my interest; what was it that you were thinking?
The stereotypical cheerleader. "Like, ohmygawd!" /shudder

But I'm sure there is someone on this forum somewhere that is a cheerleader who does not act like that, and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Rhyela, you're not the only one. When I saw them I thought about that Teladrassil Shadowmelders Jinx t-shirt that they still have. I was halfway between laughing and crying.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Rethen
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rethen »

Are there any updates in the hairstyle department, what with the patch actually being released? Some of the screenies linked in this thread didn't look quite finished, and I know at least one was reported to be unpurchasable...
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I'll post ss's after raid, so at about 6p pst with what I see...

Edit: ok

Undead fem: nothing new
Orc fem: new hairstyles not in
Belf: same as listed the braided pony tail nothing more
Tauren fem: same ones shown upswept, omega, & high horns *blech
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []