Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: 8 New and Rare Tamable Beasts!

Unread post by Cerele »

Slickrock wrote:
Cerele wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:Awesome, more rares to hunt!
no drop please and make them hunter only accesable, that way we arent taunted by dead corpses that make some want to nerd rage quit
I have to disagree on them being hunter-only.. I want it to be a challenge. If they were friendly to both factions, then it would simply be 12 hunters sitting around waiting for a spawn. maybe one or two that way, but I wouldn't want them all that way.

I do agree with them not having drops or being part of achievement. (Unless there is a TAMING achievement, now that would be cool.. ;)

But, one change that I would like to see is that anyone attacking a rare that is being tamed gets flagged. At least that way you have a chance to do something about it, and could give some of the gankers pause..
its already a challenge, im so glad the "feel bad now" tear drops i love it, now i wont have to compete with a warrior for my freakin loyal companion.
back in wrath it was a nightmare, loque was constanly dead or tamed and for the stupid achievement.

blizz wants hunters to be able to get the unque pet skins they put in. i hope these 8 "new" pets what ever they are drop nothing but the tear. i dont want to compete with half my dang server for a pet, id rather it be a smaller portion of the hunters that actually care to compete with, that way i know hes going to a loving owner... not some loot whore or bots money pool

signature thanks to Kurieno
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Sasrei wrote:
You unlock ACESS to the full gamut of taming challenges. I wonder what that means?
It sounds like they're using phasing and/or instancing to control, if not eliminate, griefing on these rares. The fact that there are 8 of them in a specific area of a specific zone indicates that only one of the 8 will spawn within an arbitrary timeframe.

Sound familiar? :twisted:

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Maybe it's a quest given by Hemet Nessingwary, sporting a full heroic T12 set, to find and kill OR tame these elusive creatures in a party-phased area? And they're a random daily that just randomly occur, and you can't get further ones unless you complete the first/prior quest?
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Agravaine wrote:
Sasrei wrote:
You unlock ACESS to the full gamut of taming challenges. I wonder what that means?
It sounds like they're using phasing and/or instancing to control, if not eliminate, griefing on these rares. The fact that there are 8 of them in a specific area of a specific zone indicates that only one of the 8 will spawn within an arbitrary timeframe.

Northrend? Fuuuu.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Uh.. there will be a challenge, not some noob kills it while your trying to tame it, but the mob itself will probably hit hard, fear, stun etc.. and generally S U C K to tame. Like King krush was before the nerf *nod nod* and I wonder if they all share spawn timers, or maybe just the ones in the certain quest hub? That would make it more of a challenge. I am thinking they will probably be phasing them like Agra said. But right now all we can do is speculate.. and spam the ptr button haha

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I'm a little uneasy at their description of Deth'tilac as "the most powerful of them all." Didn't they just specifically and entirely revamp pets to eliminate the "wolf or GTFO" syndrome? If that whatever-it-is ends up "more powerful" after taming, it'll become the "must-have" hunter pet, even if you loathe the skin and don't want to look at it.

I'd really have appreciated some more details on this.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

Will try and find the new tamables and get some pictures :p I am looking forward to this.. But I have to find room now though.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

Can't wait! Even if I don't want them, helping guildies to get theirs....much fun!

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Tahlian, if they gave more details, it wouldn't be a teaser... And I think they meant more in a sense as he's kinda the boss of all the new tames, or at leas the strongest in the wild. I'm certain they wouldn't make him the best tamed pet in the game.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Jessibelle wrote:
Agravaine wrote: It sounds like they're using phasing and/or instancing to control, if not eliminate, griefing on these rares. The fact that there are 8 of them in a specific area of a specific zone indicates that only one of the 8 will spawn within an arbitrary timeframe.

Northrend? Fuuuu.
Actually I was thinking of Madexx -- spawns in a specific section of the zone, has a variety of colours and an unpredictable spawn timer (shudder)...

Poor Pent... I hope he'll be back soon, along with a healthy dose of luck.

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Ffffff oh man this game keeps trying to pull me back in.

I am -way- interested in seeing what sort of critters they'll bring about!

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Tahlian wrote:I'm a little uneasy at their description of Deth'tilac as "the most powerful of them all." Didn't they just specifically and entirely revamp pets to eliminate the "wolf or GTFO" syndrome? If that whatever-it-is ends up "more powerful" after taming, it'll become the "must-have" hunter pet, even if you loathe the skin and don't want to look at it.

I think it just means that Deth will be the hardest of them to tame. The new KK.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

*waddles off to stock up on haste and resistance food and pots*

COME AT ME BRO. xD

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Tahlian wrote:I'm a little uneasy at their description of Deth'tilac as "the most powerful of them all." Didn't they just specifically and entirely revamp pets to eliminate the "wolf or GTFO" syndrome? If that whatever-it-is ends up "more powerful" after taming, it'll become the "must-have" hunter pet, even if you loathe the skin and don't want to look at it.

I think it just means that Deth will be the hardest of them to tame. The new KK.
That's how I read it as well.

I am definitely going to have to free up some room on someone to do this...even if I retame afterward.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Judging by the description, these aren't going to be just your average rare pets, and there's gunna be something special involved.

All I can say to this, though, is... I. CANNOT. WAIT!

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

WTB: 10 more stable slots for new pets.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by WildcatTM »

You're looking way too much into the "the most powerful of them all." Easy, tiger.

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

*is interested now*
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by WildcatTM »

So, not that anyone may know this, but can the new models (better be new models!) be datamined?

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

I seriously doubt it'll be the most powerful hunter pet, I think that's just a term they're using to get hunters all excited.

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts