Third Spirit Beast found! Magria - Blue Gondria

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Third Spirit Beast found! Magria - Blue Gondria

Unread post by Lisaara »

Jatbirkkal wrote:And I'm mostly un-enthusiastic because I'm not too much of a cat person, and the owl is hit or miss and I won't know till I get him. I -really- hope to see a pet I'll enjoy using in this, but if not, at least it'll take some pressure off of Madexx (I hope...)
It's early yet. :3 We've still got 5 more beasts to find.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Cialbi wrote:Here's a hypothetical; how else could these variations on Gondria have been released? One at a time? Perfect; all you get this patch is a recolor of Gondria. No; we got 8 beasts, and mixed in there are the Gondria variants. It's an assorted package being given instead of a single spirit beast. Thus far, we've gotten more Spirit Beasts with this patch than with any other patch that's been released.
Did we really need more Spirit Beasts, though?

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yes, I agree; but the wishes of some people =/= of all people. If Blizzard really intends to use this "challenging rarespawn deal market" only to put in reskins of existing mobs, I'll be pretty irritated, I just hope it sticks to these two Gondrias. I really don't want to see any Loque/Skoll/Ghostcrawler recolors. Try a Fiery Silithid (or use the two flame models of the Scorpion and Cat), try a beetle, a wasp, a worm, hells, try a reptile; maybe a fiery basilisk to introduce basilisks into the pet community.

Also, isn't it obvious that the Blue Gondria model could be some water spirit instead? There's loads of opportunities to have used this model; just that you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean the opportunities don't exist. We're talking about three of the eight thus far discovered beasts, and the owl is most (still not at all) exciting to me, because atleast it's bigger and has that wing effect.

But yeah, I hope Deth'tilac's going to be awesome.. I really have my hopes up Blizz -- "do not son I am disappoint".
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

Jessibelle wrote:
Jatbirkkal wrote:And I'm mostly un-enthusiastic because I'm not too much of a cat person, and the owl is hit or miss and I won't know till I get him. I -really- hope to see a pet I'll enjoy using in this, but if not, at least it'll take some pressure off of Madexx (I hope...)
It's early yet. :3 We've still got 5 more beasts to find.

Which is something I'm glad for, and I wish anyone who is searching good luck (As I'm not PTR savvy XD), and as stated... I -really- want a rhino QQ

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

WildcatTM wrote:
Cialbi wrote:Here's a hypothetical; how else could these variations on Gondria have been released? One at a time? Perfect; all you get this patch is a recolor of Gondria. No; we got 8 beasts, and mixed in there are the Gondria variants. It's an assorted package being given instead of a single spirit beast. Thus far, we've gotten more Spirit Beasts with this patch than with any other patch that's been released.
Asking this is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, yes. We did. Last patch was all normal beasts. We've been dying for more spirit beasts. Blizz is giving us that.

LisaaraPokefarm

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Jatbirkkal wrote:/sigh. Grats on finding this beauty, if I run across her I'll tame, but otherwise not gonna strain myself for her. Not only have they re-used a model here, they've recycled a challenge. I -really- want the next one to be unique in model, or at least a less common type of model (Rhinos, worms, tallstriders, -sporebats-, and so on.)
The challenges are tiered, remember? First, you need to strip off your armor, and survive for 10 seconds out in the open. Then, you not only need to snare a beast that runs at high speeds through lots of hostiles, but repeat the same process as before, which means that you absolutely can't grab aggro off of nearby hostiles, and feigning death will probably mean that your quarry escapes if you haven't managed a trap.
WildcatTM wrote:
I never said "8 spirit beasts", and I never meant to say that.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:
WildcatTM wrote:
Asking this is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, yes. We did. Last patch was all normal beasts. We've been dying for more spirit beasts. Blizz is giving us that.

I may be wrong, but weren't Chostcrawler and Karoma last patch? I'm not good with these things XD

WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Jessibelle wrote:Asking this is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, yes. We did. Last patch was all normal beasts. We've been dying for more spirit beasts. Blizz is giving us that.
I'm fine and dangle with Spirit Beasts. It's something to look forward to. A new spirit beast a patch. That was the normal. Blizzard released 2 spirit beast on release. I was expecting them to ignore in 4.1. But seriously, 8 spirit beasts in 1 patch? Pfff.

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Qraljar wrote:Yes, I agree; but the wishes of some people =/= of all people.
Wait, wait, wait. Please hand me a list of the wishes of all people, so that I know what Blizzard ought to be doing.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

WildcatTM wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Asking this is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, yes. We did. Last patch was all normal beasts. We've been dying for more spirit beasts. Blizz is giving us that.
I'm fine and dangle with Spirit Beasts. It's something to look forward to. A new spirit beast a patch. That was the normal. Blizzard released 2 spirit beast on release. I was expecting them to ignore in 4.1. But seriously, 8 spirit beasts in 1 patch? Pfff.
Oh I doubt it'll be 8. We dont know the other 5. I think people are spazzing too soon about it.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

For the record, nearly every model in the game is a remodel/reskin of some other model. Many of the models all use a similar base skeleton that Blizzard just paints a skin over or modifies something to be "unique."

Everyone praises Sambas when all he is is a rework of the saber mount model with a new skin, but hardly anyone cries about that. These cats ARE NOT Gondria, and we've only seen 3 of 8 pets.

For fuck's sake it's not like we even deserve or technically need new pets in our patches. Noah, if you're reading this, thank you for all the hard work you've been doing for us hunters. :) It is something to be appreciated.

Not to mention, all of this is on the PTR and not yet technically final implementation.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Cialbi wrote:
Jatbirkkal wrote:/sigh. Grats on finding this beauty, if I run across her I'll tame, but otherwise not gonna strain myself for her. Not only have they re-used a model here, they've recycled a challenge. I -really- want the next one to be unique in model, or at least a less common type of model (Rhinos, worms, tallstriders, -sporebats-, and so on.)

[The challenges are tiered, remember? First, you need to strip off your armor, and survive for 10 seconds out in the open. Then, you not only need to snare a beast that runs at high speeds through lots of hostiles, but repeat the same process as before, which means that you absolutely can't grab aggro off of nearby hostiles, and feigning death will probably mean that your quarry escapes if you haven't managed a trap.]

I see what you mean, really I do, but I was hoping for a more unique approach to it, the first two (High up, and stripping in public) were good, but another that is just a harder version of stripping makes me drop hopes for originality. I am -almost- certain, however, at least one of these will have a unique model, or a completely new skin that makes it -seem- like a new model.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Cialbi wrote:
Wait, wait, wait. Please hand me a list of the wishes of all people, so that I know what Blizzard ought to be doing.
What I meant was that while most of the petopia community loves Spirit Beasts, has been craving for a blue Gondria and all that stuff for some time, that's only, in relation - a small percentage of the genuine hunter community. There are those that do not like these kinds of pets at all, (ofcourse you also have the ganking, /spitting jerkhunters but that's a topic unrelated x) )

What I mean is that you shouldn't think that petopia embodies the entirety of the hunter community, and therefore indicates the wish of that model being tamable for so long being shared with every and all hunters in the stead of a small actual percentage.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

I'll gladly tame the beauty... so her challenge is speed.... heh fun

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Qraljar wrote:
Cialbi wrote:
What I meant was that while most of the petopia community loves Spirit Beasts, has been craving for a blue Gondria and all that stuff for some time, that's only, in relation - a small percentage of the genuine hunter community. There are those that do not like these kinds of pets at all, (ofcourse you also have the ganking, /spitting jerkhunters but that's a topic unrelated x) )

What I mean is that you shouldn't think that petopia embodies the entirety of the hunter community, and therefore indicates the wish of that model being tamable for so long being shared with every and all hunters in the stead of a small actual percentage.
By that same line of thinking, you can't be sure that the rest of the hunter population WON'T want some of these pets. :)

I'm sure the majority that don't visit forums don't really give a crap until they see it in game. Even fewer non-hunters care about hunter pets. But I am sure that they'll bitch up a storm at Blizzard's hunter love. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Qraljar wrote:
Cialbi wrote:

Many people lurk and don't post. I've befriended like 30 hunters on Moon Guard and not all of them like this but like 20/30 do. So...yeah...this post is being seen all over wow.
TygerDarkstorm wrote:For the record, nearly every model in the game is a remodel/reskin of some other model. Many of the models all use a similar base skeleton that Blizzard just paints a skin over or modifies something to be "unique."

Everyone praises Sambas when all he is is a rework of the saber mount model with a new skin, but hardly anyone cries about that. These cats ARE NOT Gondria, and we've only seen 3 of 8 pets.

For fuck's sake it's not like we even deserve or technically need new pets in our patches. Noah, if you're reading this, thank you for all the hard work you've been doing for us hunters. :) It is something to be appreciated.

Not to mention, all of this is on the PTR and not yet technically final implementation.
^ This

Challenge #1 - Survive the fall
Challenge #2 - Strip naked to tame(extremely bad on pvp servers)
Challenge #3 - Be ready to run naked(extremely bad on pvp servers)

LisaaraPokefarm

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm not being pessimistic so please don't say that but this is lame that Blizz is seemingly taking the easy way out and just giving us new previously unused skins in game. Not what I would consider a 'new' tamable beast.
Yes were getting 8 and three so far are spirit beasts and two are just a different colored Gondria. Pretty lame as I said. I agree with a couple others, that my disappoint will grow if the remaining five are just going to be some sort of recolored spirit /regular beast. I was really hoping for truly new tamable beast.

I'm greatful for everything they've given but would love to see truly new tamables not an unused skin that's put into the game.

Except for the zombie bear. :lol:

It's a really pretty cat though.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Really like the color of this one. No urge to tame it though.

If we get one pet that's a radically new skin or a new model, I'll be happy. That's how the WotLK patches worked, assuming they'll keep doing that, with a large number of recolors and such. Not a bad way to go about it, could certainly have done worse. Just sayin'.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

ITT: Blizz does something awesome for hunters, hunters cry about it not being good enough.

The models are there, why not use them? Yes, yes, I know, 'it's not unique waaaah' but seriously. You're stomping your feet and demanding new skins and new models and I don't think anyone actually realizes - or cares - how much work goes into stuff like that. Considering what all is going on in this patch, we're very lucky to get new pets at all, much less tames and challenges specifically developed for us.

STFU and be thankful. I'm not saying you have to love the Gondria recolors or the reused mechanics but step back and look at how spoiled we are. I don't see Warriors getting new sparkly weapon challenges.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Quoted for truth. :D
Jatbirkkal wrote:Not only have they re-used a model here, they've recycled a challenge.
I was a little surprised by that. :/ But hey, it actually gives people who are doing this just for the challenge a reason to just do one, rather than both. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!