Dear Noah, Please Help Poor Kirix

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: Dear Noah, Please Help Poor Kirix

Unread post by Sasrei »

I think once all the rares once they get at a low health they should have something like nerfbat. Something that hits extremely hard and fast. Spider power!! Or have something where they regain health by draining yours..

They.. use polearms.. I so didnt know that! Only have hunters :Lol: But still.. greedy cat

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yep, feral druids have been using polearms ever since things were changed so hunters could use the previously feral druid-only staves. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Stridah
Realm: Aerie Peak - US

Unread post by Stridah »

I would love for blizzard to implement a debuffs for killing rares like this. You kill one and get something like Festering Bite Wound which could be like hour long rez sickness that also reduces movement speed by 50%, or something. on a PvP server would make for sweet revenge, and on PvE it still puts a hamper on somebodies day. Oh and make it persist through death. Oh and let it be cured by aspect of the wild just in case. The truth is these pets were specifically stated to be Taming challenges. If you not taming or helping someone tame GTFO. Maybe i'm being harsh, and i probably am, but for this one a simple quote sums up my feelings. "Yes they deserve to die, and i hope the burn in hell!" (In game of course)
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

i like that idea stridah, especially with the "cure" being aspect of the wild so that a hunter would know what they did and have to decide to take pity or not lol.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Kalliope wrote:Druids can use polearms....!

Seriously, though, if it's a challenge to kill, there will be people attempting it. Ghostcrawler has better defenses than most, since his combined health pool and phasing ability protect him, even if nerfbat could be gotten around. On one level, I can understand the desire to do so....on the other hand, these rares really are meant for us, so if there are hunters around, they really should get first priority.
I wanted to bold something for you folks.

If you notice, I said, in my post, that if there was another hunter in the zone, I would give it to them. That's a courtesy hunters should not expect. I go out of my way by doing the /who, whispering all the the hunters, even spending a bit to wait to see if one shows up. When they don't, then I kill it.

And no, I don't raid. Not enough time to do that. I'm sorry I see differently though, and I think it fine to kill rares. I'll just do what one person said and "GTFO." My fault for speaking up.
Last edited by Azunara on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I hate to be all '*stomp stomp stomp* rar!' in here but at least one of the spiders has been confirmed to drop a tear, which means they work much like the Cata tameables. While they're meant for hunters, they're still killable and lootable, and I don't think it's fair to impose such a harsh penalty on people just because they a)don't play a hunter and b)might not know any better. Yes there will be people who will (unfortunately)deliberately kill the spiders, but there will also be people like Azu and I who spend time looking and asking for hunters to come tame rares before we kill them.

The risk of someone killing your rare has always been part of the taming challenge, and I don't think it should be any different for these guys.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kalliope

*nod* Well said, Azu and Nub. I think that it was a good idea to bring this issue up, just in case they're NOT meant to be at all killable (Ghostcrawler-style), but if they are killable with extraordinary amounts of effort, then we'll have to live with that, like we have with other rares. At least these guys and gals are far better equipped to defend themselves.

YouTube Edition

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Azunara wrote:They can be "hunter only" all they want. Until there is a way where no other class can lay a finger on them through attacking, unless you're a hunter, people will kill them. If I see one out and about, and there is no hunter in the zone after asking or /who, yes, I will kill these rares. Why? Because why not? They're challenging to kill. I'm the kind of person who likes to kill really big or hard things for giggles. I tried to see how long I could bear form against Thrym (Without raid gear, a minute.) or take fel reavers down when I could for fun. These spiders are just another case like that. *shrug.*

Call me heartless, call me cruel, call me a griefer or a troll, but that's my stance on it. I found it, I do what I want with it. Hunter should've been in the zone or camping them, since there's what, only one spawn point for each?

That's pretty much what I mean as well.

Sure, they ARE INTENDED for Hunters. I am NOT arguing that one bit. I'm not.

But just because it's in the patch notes for Hunters doesn't mean that everyone who isn't a hunter is going to turn away from it. It's still a challenging kill, people are still going to be interested in trying to solo kill these things even if they have no intentions of being malicious/griefing.

Kalliope

Is this thread turning into people arguing about agreeing with each other? ;) *tickles everyone* Silly!

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I think its more to agree to disagree which I dont mind at all and prefer ^.^. I actually do spend the time whispering hunters (who probably think I am crazy) to see if they want the rare even if they are in a different zone. I find it much more rewarding just to make someones day by getting them a rare they really like. I have done it for Skoll multiple times and just to see how happy they are makes my day. Especially when someone had all but given up hope on taming the rare. The other thing with these spiders is that there will be an extra amount of heart break because people wont know the strats love the spiders but end up not being able to get them and maybe the spider dies on them or someone steals their tame. (When I mean stealing I mean your in the process of kiting/taming and some hunter comes and DS and wont let you tame it.) Or server restarts on them on their 3rd attempt.

These rares were meant for hunters as a challenging tame, the other elite mobs like that achievement for killing those mobs are meant for people who like that challenge. Thats pretty much how I feel blizzard implemented them this patch. And with how brutal these guys are why risk a 100+g just for a measely 25g and to say you killed Deth'liac or Skitterflame. Why not instead help out a hunter with it. I know how you feel about waiting for hunters and all that (30 mins looking for someone to tame skoll.. YAY :lol:) but I doubt unless its early morning youll have any problems at all. The only people who care about tameable rares are hunters or the odd one for that achievement. Thats it. And I doubt any hunter would be happy you said you killed the rare they have been camping for.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

To be honest I'm pretty happy with how Blizz have put these guys in game. :) A couple of them, Deth for instance, would pretty much require a full group to kill (honestly my main concern with Deth would be if someone interrupted your kite or tame process, broke it and killed you or the spider after half an hour of kiting!). But the rest of these rares are pretty much un-killable by someone who randomly walks past, sees the silver dragon portrait and decides to kill for loot. They more or less have to read up on the mechanic and/or get a group together and/or manage an expensive repair bill. I myself can't see why someone would bother to do all that for a 25g tear, but hey - whatever works for you!

But yes, in the long run, remember that although they're still theoretically killable, they take a lot more effort and time and chances are that effort will deter most people who think "rare phat loots!". And if they keep trying and die ten times in the process they can't be the brightest tool in the shed so it'd make for great entertainment!