Saw a hunter with a Hydra

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
plantation

Saw a hunter with a Hydra

Unread post by plantation »

Today I was questing in The Regrowth and I saw a hunter with a Hydra pet. It was a pale white color, but the hunter was a Worgen (I'm Horde) and I didn't have time to take a SS. I already tried to tame a Hydra and it didn't work so maybe the 10th pet is a Hydra??
Jodmos

Re: Saw a hunter with a Hydra

Unread post by Jodmos »

Probably the one that used to be tameable in Sholazar basin while doing one of the oracle dailies. It's sort of translucent white. I've one too and it shows as a Hydra now rather than a Crocolisk which is what it used to be.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

The 10 pets are 1 crab 1 cat 5 spiders 1 spirit owl and 2 spirit cat sorry but no hydras for us yet

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

plantation

Unread post by plantation »

Jodmos wrote:Probably the one that used to be tameable in Sholazar basin while doing one of the oracle dailies. It's sort of translucent white. I've one too and it shows as a Hydra now rather than a Crocolisk which is what it used to be.

Ahh that's probably it.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

its a real shame that hydras still arent tameable and its tagged as release now....very doubtful its gonna be this patch now even though they seem to function great in every way even as far as having a swim animation
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

well, being optimistic here, but they dont need to test hydras on the ptr since there are enough of us that have the ghost hydra on live servers, and they are working perfectly. although i do miss the loud corehound stomp they make when walking.

hydras could make a surprise entry on patch day, here's to hoping cuz i have 2 specific ones i'd like to add to my stable.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Which server were you on and when..because you may have seen me. >_> I'm a worgen named Jelaniana on Anasterian. And my god the comments and /petting on my Hydra XD

If it wasnt me, it must be someone with the former crocolisk-hydra spirit from Sholazar

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

murloc99
Realm: Altar of Storms, Kil'jaden

Unread post by murloc99 »

i hope by patch 4.3 or 4.4 that they make hydra's tameable. i agree with all of you and that they are functioning very fine and should be tameable pets.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

murloc99 wrote:i hope by patch 4.3 or 4.4 that they make hydra's tameable.
/SPECULATION ON

Probably coming out with the 'water' patch. With the Abyssal Maw and all. Since hydras seemed linked to an old god, wouldn't be surprised if they were linked to Yogg-Saron somehow. Plus hydras are aquatic, for the most part.

/SPECULATION OFF

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Ryno wrote:
/SPECULATION ON

Probably coming out with the 'water' patch. With the Abyssal Maw and all. Since hydras seemed linked to an old god, wouldn't be surprised if they were linked to Yogg-Saron somehow. Plus hydras are aquatic, for the most part.

/SPECULATION OFF
If i could "like" this post I would. 10x over.

Feydrinne
Realm: US-Lothar, US-Burning Blade

Unread post by Feydrinne »

Heheh I have a feeling that they'll definitely be for the Water Patch , complete with rare spawns, a spirit beast version or two ;)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Hopefully, they'll be quieter when they become available. I was going through my mail last night in Org and another hunter was standing beside me with the ol croco-hydra from Sholazar. That danged wouldn't shut up. He kept making the 'hydra sound' over and over again. It was as bad as crocolisks in the old days.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Boven wrote:Hopefully, they'll be quieter when they become available. I was going through my mail last night in Org and another hunter was standing beside me with the ol croco-hydra from Sholazar. That danged wouldn't shut up. He kept making the 'hydra sound' over and over again. It was as bad as crocolisks in the old days.
^
I've turned pet sounds off (Not just because of the hydra though. The kitty yawns occasionally get on my nerves as well), and I've requested everyone whenever we're raiding to do so as well. :B
GRLLLRL GRL GRL.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

they used to be much much much much much louder.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ryno wrote:
/SPECULATION ON

/SPECULATION OFF
But Ryno, didn't Blizz tell you it was just an elabarote joke, and there is no hydras? Ever?
Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

erwil wrote:
Boven wrote:Hopefully, they'll be quieter when they become available. I was going through my mail last night in Org and another hunter was standing beside me with the ol croco-hydra from Sholazar. That danged wouldn't shut up. He kept making the 'hydra sound' over and over again. It was as bad as crocolisks in the old days.
^
I've turned pet sounds off (Not just because of the hydra though. The kitty yawns occasionally get on my nerves as well), and I've requested everyone whenever we're raiding to do so as well. :B
GRLLLRL GRL GRL.

lol I'm glad I'm not alone in the no pet sound department..I love my kitties but yeah that yawn is really annoying.

I would so loooove a ghost hydra I find them so adorable..keeping my fingers crossed that one day they will be tameable :)

1 TLPD-Oct 16th 2011 (63 days of camping)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

New upcoming event! Everyone will tame a hydra and we will gather a force of them in Orgrimmar, an army of hydras! :D

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

Ryno wrote:
/SPECULATION ON

/SPECULATION OFF
Yogg-Saron be dead. I'm pretty sure I have one of his tentacles lying around in my bank as proof. N'Zoth, on the other hand, is the Old God rumoured to be dwelling at the bottom of Azeroth's Oceans, and is also the one speculated to have "gifted" the Highborne with their Naga Forms during the final moments of the original Sundering.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Ryno wrote:
New upcoming event! Everyone will tame a hydra and we will gather a force of them in Orgrimmar, an army of hydras! :D
But.... But.... I'm a nelf hunter.... =[

Guess this just gives me reason to level a belf

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Ikutai wrote:
Ryno wrote:
/SPECULATION ON

/SPECULATION OFF
Yogg-Saron be dead. I'm pretty sure I have one of his tentacles lying around in my bank as proof. N'Zoth, on the other hand, is the Old God rumoured to be dwelling at the bottom of Azeroth's Oceans, and is also the one speculated to have "gifted" the Highborne with their Naga Forms during the final moments of the original Sundering.
Thought I heard somewhere some bit of lore or somesuch saying old gods never truly died. But introducing another old god would make more sense.