Wasted Rares :(

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Chlann
Realm: Icecrown - US

Wasted Rares :(

Unread post by Chlann »

Hi everyone, it be Thein.

It really annoys me when someone kills a rare because 1. they wanted the rare and they don't want other people getting it or 2. they just want to grief hunters.

Deth is a good example of this, if you get him down to tameable, and you somehow die, another person can die just to kill it. Its kinda silly...

Anyway, /endrant

Have a nice spider filled day. :)
Saturo

Re: Wasted Rares :(

Unread post by Saturo »

Yep, it sucks when people do that, but you know what, it doesn't matter. It's just PTR. :) Wait until it's out to complain about rares getting killed.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

It has nothing to do with the ptr, its just the whole mind set that will continue on live which really does suck. Thankfully alot of these rares can fight back but it still wont prevent people from being ignorant and just decide it'll be fun to kill something that someone just spent 14 mins kiting on for kicks.

Oh and hey Chlann your on my main server?!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Yea that does suck even on ptr. I can't complain to much because the people I have encountered have been quite polite when it came to taming rares. Alliance and horde alike. Coarse, I am not out there taming all of em either unless no one wants it or I want to test out a new strat I think up in my twisted lil mind~ :P But even then I tend to go other to a different server so people who intend on getting it on live gets practice :D

<3
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*jumps around Yaone and grins* ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

yea I hate to kill tamable rares... makes me feel bad cause someone else could of had him...
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

It's not like it won't respawn!?! It sucks, but they've every right to do as they please. This argument really is getting old... *ponders* I wonder how many threads have been made about this topic?????

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

SgtMakkie wrote:It's not like it won't respawn!?! It sucks, but they've every right to do as they please. This argument really is getting old... *ponders* I wonder how many threads have been made about this topic?????
Oh I don't know..Perhaps it's because some of the rares are specifically made to be tamed. Thus the "unique taming challenge" :roll:
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Regardless, there is 1 rare that that is unkillable, that being Ghostcrawler! The rest are just regular rares with a challenge if you want to tame them. Stop thinking these are hunter property, they're not! Only a succesful tame means it is yours.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

AdamSavage

SgtMakkie wrote:Regardless, there is 1 rare that that is unkillable, that being Ghostcrawler! The rest are just regular rares with a challenge if you want to tame them. Stop thinking these are hunter property, they're not! Only a succesful tame means it is yours.
Never say never, he would go down if you had enough people trying to kill him. It would never happen but just saying. The new rares serve no purpose at all then to be tamed. They do not drop loot, there is no achievement for killing them. What other reason would they make them ? For shit and grins ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Agreed, but the purpose of him being so hard is NOT to make him easier for hunters to tame it, more likely they didn't want a pet named after a Blizzard employee to be kill-able. Shits, giggles or any reason in the book you can come up with! The point stands, they are not hunter property, just rare mobs with a challenge 'if you want to tame them' !

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

AdamSavage

SgtMakkie wrote:Agreed, but the purpose of him being so hard is NOT to make him easier for hunters to tame it, more likely they didn't want a pet named after a Blizzard employee to be kill-able. Shits, giggles or any reason in the book you can come up with! The point stands, they are not hunter property, just rare mobs with a challenge 'if you want to tame them' !
So your saying they made rares that an Ice/freezing trap has to be used to lower it's energy enough to tame, but dies if it reaches zero or you can only tame in lava for the hell of it ? What other reason would these rares have these buffs/debuffs other then to be tamed by Hunters ? It even says it on the rares for crying out loud! "To hot to tame" Why makie would blizzard give this to any rare ? "If you want to tame them" What else would you do ? Stand there and look at the rare with a stupid look on your face ? It's not like it drops loot..Every single creature in the game serves a purpose. Do you need a blue post to come out and say these where made for hunters ?

Dr. Who Video!

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

Sgt when they announced the new 8 rares it was announced under hunter changes... assholes will always be able to be assholes to kill them but they are obviously intended for hunter pets
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Regardless of Blizzards intentions, they're killable rare mobs. Which means anyone can kill it regardless of our precious tames. They're giving hunters some nice stuff, which is awesome. Yet it doesn't take away from the fact they are killable, even by the hunter if he gets the tame wrong so please stop thinking the world of warcraft revolves around us hunters!

So are you calling me an asshole for wanting to do Frostbitten? (which at the time was a valid achievement) Or wanting to be a trophy hunter..? No I'm not, I'm just a regular player that does as he pleases, same as any other. The day you pay someone's Sub is the day you can say they can or can't kill a mob! That is the bottom line!

Hell, what gives us the damn right to think these mobs should be untouchable? Where's the 'hunt' in that?

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

If a pet was ment to be only tamable, then blizzard would make it so that only "Tame" would work on the pet and it would otherwise be unable to be attacked by other classes, or make it only targetable by hunters. As it stand, there are certain deterences to these new pets to discourage the random person from comming along and just killing the pet, however, there will be some players of variouse classes who will take up the chellange to kill such an extremely dangerouse prey. Just look at that one achivement to kill the whale shark for no other reason then it has no loot. It is a challenge.

We may bitch and whine that rare tamables get killed by other classes for variouse reasons, but that will not change the fact that the whole game exsists for everyone. If people desire to test thier skills agains rares, especially these new ones, then I believe they have as much right to test themselves as we do. It is very selfish and close minded to believe that we alone above all else are entitled.

If a creature was ment to be completely and only for a certain class, then it would only be targetable, summonable, or what-not by that single class. So unless Blizzard does that, the creature is free to all, whatever their intentions are.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Yaone »

I'm just going to drop this, I do not believe, at least how I read it, that he don't want anyone but hunters to get the rares. It was about him getting one of the spider tames worked down to a point where he could tame it and someone came along and intentionally got it killed.

So yeah, I believe the issue here was griefing, not omg hunter rare only.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You call it grief when someone comes along and spoils a tame? It's not, sorry. You have no right to call that mob yours while you're taming it. Not even Blizzard will step in and give it to you if you ticket the incident. We as hunters need to come down a notch or two and wake up. It's a MMO, that means 11 million people. Now are you going to tell me, ONLY the % that are hunters have the only right to these or any other rare in the game?

What a selfish bunch we are eh.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Yaone »

I do call it griefing personally :D At least what happened with the OP anyway. At least given what the definition of griefer is. :lol:

Again tho, I never said these were for hunters and hunters alone, nor did the OP, I was just pointing that out. :)
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Area 52 - US

Unread post by Derax »

Stealing/killing a tame is Griefing, I really can't get behind your argument that until its actually tamed we have no right to it. Its just a dumb argument...

Tagging a mob = It turns gray to other players and doesn't give them loot or experience even though it is still alive and attackable by other players. Your version would be whoever gets the killing blow gets the loot and experience. DOTA style

Need before greed = They changed it so I can no longer roll Need on plate/cloth/etc in Random dungeons even though I can't use the item, Even though I pay for a subscription and that item has every right to be mine. Your version is only 1 roll button why else would they put vendor values on it if not for classes that can't use it to take and vendor it over classes that could.

I am sorry but STARTING a taming challenge should make that mob yours plain and simple it has nothing to do with being selfish. If you die you lost your chance better luck next time but until then its yours. Now its a different story if you haven't engaged the mob yet or waiting with others, First come first serve I guess.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I am sorry but STARTING a taming challenge should make that mob yours plain and simple it has nothing to do with being selfish. If you die you lost your chance better luck next time but until then its yours. Now its a different story if you haven't engaged the mob yet or waiting with others, First come first serve I guess.
The fact is.... it doesn't! So there's your answer from Blizzard, albeit indirectly. If they had wanted to do that, the mob would be untouchable during the time it was being tamed, this is not the case. The bottom line is, it's not yours until the golden ding, simples. Also, please do not assume I mean the same with loot roles as I do with mobs in the real world. They are two totally different things, so why make that assumption?

I feel the only person actually able to answer this point would be Noah himself. However since these challenges were put in the way they are currently, anyone can do anything at any time to interrupt, kill or mess with the creature. We hunters need to get down of our spoilt pedestal and realise rares don't belong to us or revolve solely for our enjoyment. You play with people, that means you have to interact with them and that won't always be on your terms. If you can't accept that then a MMO is the wrong genre of game to be playing.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle