Tales from the Igneous depths

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Tales from the Igneous depths

Unread post by Sasrei »

(I dont ever get to RP so.. why not try it once. Plus... im bored..)
Its a quiet day in the molten front. All rares have eluded me and I believe have put up a restraining order.. something about evading their privacy but you know its not my fault eagle eyes goes through walls into bathrooms (I am soo soo sorry kirix). While keeping a watchful eye out my rare sense goes off and it is Solix. Normally I know better to not disturb people while they are bathing but I wanted him.. and nothing, except a few giants that I agro along the way will stop me! Once I get there, I see him, relaxing in his hot steamy bath. I shouldnt disturb him but you know what they say about men staying in hot tubs too long so.. for their race I must get him! I sum up all my strength and this is how it plays out..

Attempt #1: I kite him like a pro! he then misses my next trap and I place a snake trap hoping they will slow him down as my CS etc is on CD. They do not, he catches up, hits me I get stunned cause of aspect of the daze and die. My snakes then decide to pop up and get him to 20% focus before he kills them all.. all while I am dead.. and just praying my snakes dont kill him.

Attempt 2: Everything goes great he hits my traps and then I get to a detour.. that one spot where you can jump across to that one area. Thinking it would be neat I hit spacebar expecting to.. jump across. I do not and land in the lava. Dont get stunned though. Thankfully solix resets and I swim all the way back to him. Apparently though solix reset.. my hunter did not and shot at him while he was in his lava. FD ftw!

Attempt 3: Everything is good, hes hitting my traps then I almost get caught. Quickly run away only to be running and getting hit by his melee while not stunned (yes I have aspect up) two traps he hit, two snake traps and alot of CS.. his melee range was odd to.. I know I was more then far enough ahead.. maybe it was the camera angle? LOS didnt help either.

Attempt 4: Kiting no issues, he gets really close even with CS up so I disengage, use readiness and place my trap down.. Solix evades.. for some reason.. wasnt to far ahead, still had sight on him.. wasnt past the point he reset before.. He really likes his bath. Maybe Noah added some nice smelling salts..

Attempt 5: ok.. the heck.. his melee range seems alot.. bigger then before. I know I wasnt in his old typical range and he still hit me and dazed me.. seems to be losing less focus to, hmm going to watch his focus.. maybe they buffed how low you have to get him and how fast his focus goes down. Though as usual once you get him to the taming point it goes down FAST (why I do not know, but my snake trap that one time kited him better then I did)

Attempt 6: Traps down.. I kite him all across the cavern. 3 frost traps down still not low enough just yet (the heck..) did he miss one? but how? I am at the bottom of the ramp, Hes at the top, he hits me.. I get stunned and die.. snakes decide to now agro him. I am quickly thinking they buffed something..

Attempt 7: 3 traps, got him down enough to 48% and tamed him. Even with CS hes a speedy little sucker. My traps didnt slow him down much either. Used readiniss for the extra trap off of CD, without it.. would have sucked.. probably wouldnt have made it.

Finally the orange spider is mine. He put up a fight, and though I do enjoy being chased by men that was a little much.

And thats my story with my beautiful evil little spider. So.. 3 traps, CS shoot EVERY SINGLE time its off cd, aspect and just run, only turn to hit CS and snake traps to try and slow him down (it works great when your dead..)
Last edited by Sasrei on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Tales from the Igneous depths

Unread post by Kalliope »

Why are you spying on my spider in the bathroom? -_-

(Yes, that's what I got out of that, lol! Because it's better than my other reaction, which was "fjdlksafdnsakjfeas, I have to go find and tame him again to verify?!" ;))

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

I did not know he was there mmk! Normally hes running around.. that was just bad timing.

(with solix yes its 3 traps now, not 2.. wtb less CD on CS :lol:)

Kalliope

Smells like Solix likes marks/surv hunters, amirite? :) (Especially marks, with the daze on chimaera and readiness.)

AFK, scrubbing brain clean on poor Kirix's behalf.

YouTube Edition

KutiePi

Unread post by KutiePi »

See I think its weird and just luck/traps not bugging out. I caught my Solix with out aspect of the daze, I actually got his tame method mixed up with Skitterflame's and I guess I was just lucky that he didn't catch me, I didn't bother with snake traps just frost and CS. Was very surprised he went so fast. Tried to help another hunter get him and the other hunter fell into lava but his tame went off just fine and all of a sudden Solix decided to attack the snakes in his trap instead of being tamed and Solix died =(

So I think maybe snake traps are a bad idea for Solix it just seems like it bugs out too much with a risk of Solix dying because of them.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

@Kalli
Surv for entrapment yep :) Theres a daze on chimera? ROFL. Yes I obviously dont play MM spec.. ok not since.. when it was needed for ICC.. so yes its been a long long time. Oh concussive barrage.. MS and Chimera shot.. can add 4 seconds of daze. *face palm* I know my class, really I do! For MM spec I stared at it for a long long time before figuring out what buttons to hit :lol: Though you still need 3 traps to get him to 48% just the extra daze would have helped.. alot. I really should read tooltips sometimes..

Hey now, why should the cats be the only one seeing something naked! And the spider is already naked! It has no clothes!

*Kute
Without aspect what spec were in you? MM and.. being smart *unlike me :lol:* and using chimera and MS for dazes? If you can disengage, and can trap, and CS fast enough you may be able to get enough distance between you to. Was this recently? And did the hunter help you out with CS? The snake traps I normally dont use really, just tried something new really. Last time I tried them was the first time I did them, they are good just for keeping him.. entertained while you run away but didnt seem to happen. He mostly ignored them until I died then he went for them.. Thats really odd then that he attacked the snakes since they had alot of agro issues for me.

I also agree with you, snake traps are a bad idea just because they are too risky. I just got lucky Solix didnt die on me twice.

Kalliope

Sasrei wrote:@Kalli
Surv for entrapment yep :) Theres a daze on chimera? ROFL. Yes I obviously dont play MM spec.. ok not since.. when it was needed for ICC.. so yes its been a long long time. Oh concussive barrage.. MS and Chimera shot.. can add 4 seconds of daze. *face palm* I know my class, really I do! For MM spec I stared at it for a long long time before figuring out what buttons to hit :lol: Though you still need 3 traps to get him to 48% just the extra daze would have helped.. alot. I really should read tooltips sometimes..

Hey now, why should the cats be the only one seeing something naked! And the spider is already naked! It has no clothes!
Actually, the beauty of entrapment is that you can get to it as *any* spec. :) (<3 Blizzard for that!) So even BM hunters can use it! :D I was thinking survival for the shorter trap cds (resourcefulness). :) And yep, concussive barrage is the marks hunter's bread and butter for Solix. And Deth. ;) Also, if you glyph concussive shot, he becomes even more trivial. :D Whee!

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ok.. so when I get back.. I am going through all those specs and stuff and what not and actually reading :lol: Its kinda been awhile for me and I did the cardinal sin of any hunter.. and just specced anything everything asap while strating at a spider :lol: Entrapment is high enough for people in another spec to use it, unless they go into a difrent route (MM or more into BM and less surv) so its still.. really in that tree you just have more acess to get it into if your go into another spec.

Resourcefullness is really nice.. Ive been surv spec so long I didnt even think of that :lol: The glyph is a really good idea.

So if you think about it.. all rares except Kirix (but even him to..) you can go MM spec, and add in the entrapment and get the extra dazes in and even healing from chimera (its good when your getting beat on by mobs). Or you can surv spec get the resourcefulness, less cds and also trap mastery and point of no esecape would be good for Deth, the more damage you do to her the better.

Kalliope

Yep, I've done Kirix as marks too, since I had enough haste on my gear to just do the disengage method outright. :) It really is the overall best utility for the Molten Front rares, but there are certainly options to do the tames in other specs. :)

YouTube Edition