Point Conversion Sellback Policy

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Point Conversion Sellback Policy

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm not at all surprised that blizzard is doing this. It's to prevent you from getting more Valor/Jutice point etc then what the cap limits you to.
With the release of 4.2 all Valor Points will be down-converted to Justice Points, and all Conquest Points will be down-converted to Honor Points. To curb the ability to sell items back to the vendors after the conversion for the higher currency, we’re instituting a new sellback policy for items purchased directly before currency down-conversions.

Items purchased within the two hour window before the release of 4.2 will lose their ability to be sold back to the vendor when the realms are brought down for maintenance. No refunds will be granted for items purchased during this time, either by the in-game vendors, or our support departments.

As an example, I buy the Vicious Gladiator's Battle Staff at 2:30 a.m. The servers come down for the release of 4.2 half an hour later. Normally I would still have an hour and a half after the servers return to sell the item back to the vendor. With this policy change though, upon logging in my item can no longer be sold back to the vendor.

This policy is only in effect for maintenances that include currency down-conversions, such as the release of 4.2. To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.

For more information on the down-conversion please refer to: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721583521
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Re: Point Conversion Sellback Policy

Unread post by Sigrah »

And here I thought that buying something for Valor Points before the patch would only let you return it for Justice Points because that gear is getting downgraded. Meaning, if I bought a T11 piece for 2200 Valor Points shortly before the patch, I figured I'd only get refunded Justice Points after the patch because it was now sold for Justice Points.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

People are complaining in all kinds of ways about this conversion, but everything really makes sense to me about it.

Sigrah, doing that would still allow you to end up with more justice points than you should. The cap is 4k, but doing what you suggest you could have 4k and, once the patch lands, purchase new items and resell these items to end up having more than 4k justice points to use within that first 1.5 hours.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I like that they're doing this. It keeps it fair.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Sarayana wrote:People are complaining in all kinds of ways about this conversion, but everything really makes sense to me about it.
Anyone upset by the fact that their Valor Points are being downgraded and that Blizzard is doing everything possible to prevent you from finding other ways to stock pile them needs to get over it. Every time a new tier is introduced, players have had to start over. It used to be that you needed a new currency, now they are just downgrading your Valor Pionts to the lower valued Justice Points at a 1 to 1 rate. No real difference other than you can lose anything over the cap (though 47 silver per point over the cap is pretty generous in my opinion).
Sarayana wrote:Sigrah, doing that would still allow you to end up with more justice points than you should. The cap is 4k, but doing what you suggest you could have 4k and, once the patch lands, purchase new items and resell these items to end up having more than 4k justice points to use within that first 1.5 hours.
I understand that, but the effect of doing that is minimal, maybe an extra pair of 359 Boots if you crunch the numbers the right way. That isn't saying much given how much those boots will plummet in price once they can be bought for Justice Points, and almost makes me think you'd be better off getting the coin for being over the cap.

At any rate, that wasn't the main jist of what I was getting at. I was more "surprised" at the fact that items bought for Valor before the patch would be refundable for Valor after the patch if Blizzard didn't implement this change. I also makes me wonder if someone will try and find a loop hole / exploit to get around it now that they know what Blizzard's plan is. Doesn't really matter to me as long as Blizzard keeps tabs on people the first few days to see if anyone has an "abnormal" amount of Valor after the patch.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

one question though...current VP gear, will they be then sold for JP to make room for the new VP gear? or are they remaining VP priced?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Makoes wrote:one question though...current VP gear, will they be then sold for JP to make room for the new VP gear? or are they remaining VP priced?
Current Valor gear (Tier 11) is moving over to the justice vendors when 4.2 goes live. If you log onto the Public Test Realms, you can see how it will look and work.
AdamSavage

Makoes wrote:one question though...current VP gear, will they be then sold for JP to make room for the new VP gear? or are they remaining VP priced?
Current gear that cost VP to buy will cost JP in 4.2. Then in 4.3 the same thing will happen. The VP gear becomes JP and a new Tier is added.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

ahh, but without having to do the whole ptr download stuff, does anyone know what the cost of the current VP gear will be when it becomes purchasable for JP?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Sigrah wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Sigrah, doing that would still allow you to end up with more justice points than you should. The cap is 4k, but doing what you suggest you could have 4k and, once the patch lands, purchase new items and resell these items to end up having more than 4k justice points to use within that first 1.5 hours.
I understand that, but the effect of doing that is minimal, maybe an extra pair of 359 Boots if you crunch the numbers the right way. That isn't saying much given how much those boots will plummet in price once they can be bought for Justice Points, and almost makes me think you'd be better off getting the coin for being over the cap.
I would still argue that one point over the cap is too much. For someone like myself, for example, who gets all their valor and justice points from heroics run now and then (and definitely doesn't cap out each week), that kind of valor/justice points would make a big difference.
Sigrah wrote:At any rate, that wasn't the main jist of what I was getting at. I was more "surprised" at the fact that items bought for Valor before the patch would be refundable for Valor after the patch if Blizzard didn't implement this change. I also makes me wonder if someone will try and find a loop hole / exploit to get around it now that they know what Blizzard's plan is. Doesn't really matter to me as long as Blizzard keeps tabs on people the first few days to see if anyone has an "abnormal" amount of Valor after the patch.
Perhaps it's simply a coding issue? It might be easier to block reselling than it is to change the currency you get back if you return it. And yeah, I'm sure someone will try to find a loophole, but all in all it looks like they covered the bases.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

AdamSavage

I miss the old days of wintergrasp when you had stone keeper shards. This allowed you to "transfer" some honor to an alt.

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Are shoulders and helms from T11 purchasable with JP now or?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Jessibelle wrote:Are shoulders and helms from T11 purchasable with JP now or?
No