Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Are hydras?

Unread post by Azunara »

Nubhorns wrote:
Gammaman wrote:>.< it better be in the PTR by friday
Don't spoil yourself on the PTR content next time, then. ;) It'll make patch day all that sweeter.
Kurenio wrote:Next petopian ptr guild name has to be <Dante's test squad> it just has to.
<Friendship is Magic> or bust. :P
<Welcome to the Herd>?
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Azunara wrote:
Nubhorns wrote:
Gammaman wrote:>.< it better be in the PTR by friday
Don't spoil yourself on the PTR content next time, then. ;) It'll make patch day all that sweeter.
Kurenio wrote:Next petopian ptr guild name has to be <Dante's test squad> it just has to.
<Friendship is Magic> or bust. :P
<Welcome to the Herd>?
<The Elements of Harmony>!

Or <Dear Princess Celestia>.
Dear Princess Celestia,

Please make <x> spawn!

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle <your name here>

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Reminds me of a conversation the other day I had with my friend, her sister, and her friend. They were all, "Let's use these my little ponies and make a play!" Not only did I know all but Twilight Sparkle from FiM (I've never watched it. ;_;) and both my friend and I launched into an argument whether the random pony should be named Swirly Explosion or Twinkletwoes.
Gammaman
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hellscream, Uther

Unread post by Gammaman »

*cries becasue i can't get on till weekend* :(
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

I used to be not too bothered about Hydras, I think they walk funny, but the more people talk about them, the more I want them to be tameable.

And I don't want them to be tameable asap just so I can tame one if I like, but so that people will shut up about them. :P

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

I be happy if two things were released in the next patch

First Hydras, naturally.

Second finally use the blue zombie bear skin for a old school rare. There is only one unique bear and he's a SB.
Ryannie
Realm: Quel'dorei- Alliance

Unread post by Ryannie »

we need more shale spider skins! And about the petopian guild- I've already got one made on Anasterian called Protectors of Hyjal so I've got that covered if anyone wants to join me ;D
Hey if you are wondering about the guild "Petopians" on Anasterian, well it got disbanded but a few of us decided to make a new guild called Protectors of Hyjal. Message anyone in-game to ask for an invite. Hope to see you guys again soon!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Ryannie wrote:we need more shale spider skins!
This, times a million. I LOVE every single shale spider and it's so hard to just pick one! (Of course I pick Jadefang anyway since she's rare + green = matches my hunter perfectly.)

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Chaoscobra
Realm: Bladefist - EU

Unread post by Chaoscobra »

man i really wanna get a Hydra, any idea when we might be blessed with this pet family?
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Chaoscobra wrote:man i really wanna get a Hydra, any idea when we might be blessed with this pet family?

"Soon"

signature thanks to Kurieno
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Chaoscobra wrote:man i really wanna get a Hydra, any idea when we might be blessed with this pet family?
No idea, but if you look around you'll find plenty of wild mass guessing. :)

DeathSniper
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by DeathSniper »

Based on this and this I'm going to have to go with "very soon". While it's just speculation, I can tell you with full certainty that pre 4.2 he was classified differently (Crocolisk) and did NOT have a "hydra" ability, since they've re-classified him as such and added in a specific ability...

This is on live btw and if you're wondering how I got the hydra, it was from the Shalozar Basin summoning quest previously).
Schlimazel
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Schlimazel »

Chaoyll wrote:I used to be not too bothered about Hydras, I think they walk funny, but the more people talk about them, the more I want them to be tameable.
Even if you don't particularly want them, a whole new animal family being added is pretty neat. Maybe they'll go all-out and, since hydras are Ferocity, give us two new families that are Cunning and Tenacity!
...A guy can dream.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

A Hydra should be 100% Ferocity for three reasons:

One - They have three heads that hiss indicating he is vicious
Two - The heads fight eachother occasionly
Three - When they walk they almost get down to the ground indicating they are stalking their prey.

I could never see Hydras Cunning or Tenacity ever.

And I agree with two new pet families besides Hydras being added;

Tenacity - Basilisk because Basilisks have very thick body armor and stun enemies by gazing at them. For Example (We are gonna take a trip to the past back to vanilla): Remember that old basilisk "Ironeye the Invincible" the level 37 Rare Elite with over 11k Armor and hit for approx 1-2k a hit? He was the bane of lowbies at the time so in all respect 11k Armor is A LOT for a level 37 even for an elite. Indicating this armor should be put to use as a tanking pet.

Cunning - Widow Spiders because for one (Everyone wants a Widow Spider i.e: Beth'tilac) they are smarter than most spiders and they shoot webs that stun enemies and inject poison causing manifestation (Laying eggs inside the victim then the eggs burst open with lava spiders attacking the victim). Personally I think this would be the BEST input pet in the game BESIDES Hydras.

(Just to add: I was in AQ40 the other day and I beast lore'd "Fankriss the Unyielding" and HE HAS A DIET!!!! Indicating he MIGHT be tameable. I think Silithid Reavers would be an excellent addition to the Silithid Family.)

I am really excited for 4.3 I wanna see what Blizzard gifts us. Noah if your reading this; bring this up to blizzard for us. Thanks Noah! :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Happyhooves
Realm: Thunderhorn

Unread post by Happyhooves »

Lazurianis wrote: Cunning - Widow Spiders because for one (Everyone wants a Widow Spider i.e: Beth'tilac) they are smarter than most spiders and they shoot webs that stun enemies and inject poison causing manifestation (Laying eggs inside the victim then the eggs burst open with lava spiders attacking the victim). Personally I think this would be the BEST input pet in the game BESIDES Hydras.
I don't really think that Widow Spiders would be up to par with the other two completely awesome tames that could fall into two new families. The widows on the other hand, would really just be spiders. Besides, those are really just undead. (at least most of them are)
A more possible Cunning family/pet could possibly be a stag, fenwalker, wyvern, something cool like that that's about on the same level as legendary (in our terms, not in game terms) beasts like hydras and basilisks.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Happyhooves wrote:
Lazurianis wrote: Cunning - Widow Spiders because for one (Everyone wants a Widow Spider i.e: Beth'tilac) they are smarter than most spiders and they shoot webs that stun enemies and inject poison causing manifestation (Laying eggs inside the victim then the eggs burst open with lava spiders attacking the victim). Personally I think this would be the BEST input pet in the game BESIDES Hydras.
I don't really think that Widow Spiders would be up to par with the other two completely awesome tames that could fall into two new families. The widows on the other hand, would really just be spiders. Besides, those are really just undead. (at least most of them are)
A more possible Cunning family/pet could possibly be a stag, fenwalker, wyvern, something cool like that that's about on the same level as legendary (in our terms, not in game terms) beasts like hydras and basilisks.

Hehe no you are confusing the Widow Spiders with the Nerubian. And I suppose Widow Spiders could fit in with the Spider Class. Gives us more room for another; I think Wyvern would be great. Like a Special pet ability allows you to mount your pet (Scales to mount speed).

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Lazurianis wrote:I think Wyvern would be great. Like a Special pet ability allows you to mount your pet (Scales to mount speed).
I am vaguely aware of somewhere the answer to gryphons/wyverns was a no - they're very well known mounts, and I believe Blizzard wanted to keep them as mounts. That isn't to say that every pet can't be a mount or no mounts have been made into pets(that argument would be absurd), but then you have Lore issues with Alliance-owned wyverns/vice versa as well. :P

Edit: And come to think of it, a hunter/pet mount would kind of skew the numbers for non-hunter mount collectors...considering we have 30 stable slots.

Happyhooves

Nubhorns wrote:
Lazurianis wrote:I think Wyvern would be great. Like a Special pet ability allows you to mount your pet (Scales to mount speed).
I am vaguely aware of somewhere the answer to gryphons/wyverns was a no - they're very well known mounts, and I believe Blizzard wanted to keep them as mounts. That isn't to say that every pet can't be a mount or no mounts have been made into pets(that argument would be absurd), but then you have Lore issues with Alliance-owned wyverns/vice versa as well. :P

Edit: And come to think of it, a hunter/pet mount would kind of skew the numbers for non-hunter mount collectors...considering we have 30 stable slots.
I've always wished that hunters could someday mount their pets or something, since paladins and warlocks get their own class mounts and stuff. I mean, how cool would a devilsaur mount be? I've always wanted to ride a devilsaur or something ;w;
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Hehe, well that opens up a whole new discussion - You guys remember the Slime Pet that was marked as a Crocolisk? Bring him back but in a new Hunter Class: Some class that allows the taming of Undead Beasts (The Slime Pet fits into this catagory) or the taming of Demon Beasts (Void Terrors for example) but this requires a HIGH Rank in Beast Mastery Talent (Maybe skill up from Beast Mastery to Grand Beast Mastery Hunter etc.) And Grand Beast Mastery Hunter should look like this [Only Beast Mastery Hunters get this talent]

Grand Beast Mastery Hunter
Allows the taming of any Beast. Undead to Demon, as a Grand Beast Mastery Hunter you can use Exotic Pets in other talent professions.
However, untraining in Beast Mastery resets this talent.

Beast Mastery Hunter starts at 0/150 and at 150 that's when you unlock "Grand Beast Mastery Hunter". How you level your skills in Beast Mastery: Taming a level 1-10 gives you 1 point. Taming a level 10-20 gives you 2 points. Taming a level 20-30 gives you 3 points. Taming a level 30-40 gives you 4 points. Taming a level 40-50 gives you 5 points. Taming a level 50-60 gives you 6 points. Taming a level 60-70 gives you 7 points. Taming a level 70-80 gives you 8 points. Taming a level 80-85 gives you 9 points. However if ANY of these are elite when they are tamed they grant 2 additional points for your efforts. If they are rare they give you an additional 3 points. If they are Rare Elite they give you an additional 4 points. And if they are a Level ?? (Boss) they give you an additional 5 points. (Example: A Level 85 Beast Mastery taming Magmadar in Molten Core would grant you 14 Points because - A Boss adjusts to your level (3 Levels Higher) and because he was a level ?? (Boss) there for he gave an additional 5 points.)

I know a lot of people will disagree with this on me but I think personally it will be well worth it in the end because if you think about it: You can tame just about anything (Aside from Dragonkin and Undead) [To Clarify: By the "Undead Beasts" I mean Spirits, Not SPIRIT BEASTS but just Spirits so they don't fit in the Spirit Beast family because Blizzard intends all the Spirit Beasts to be Rare+]. I hope I brought some people's ideas to life :lol:

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Happyhooves

Grand beast mastery hunters could just be able to tame ANY beast, from giraffe to zhevra. That would be pretty awesome.