4.3 Hopes

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: 4.3 Hopes

Unread post by Astratia »

Oh, and it would be nice to give a voice to the storm drakes - please?

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'd like to see them go through the basically useless pet families and give them skills that aren't, well... useless.

Spore Bats
Nether Rays
Moths
Dogs
Crabs
(and core hounds, though Hysteria is still good)

Spell slows and interrupts are pretty much worthless on a pet. Firstly, and most importantly, the slows.... don't work 80%-90% of the time. Very rarely does one end up questing in a zone that's predominantly casters (and you wouldn't use a cunning pet for questing, most likely), the slows are likely to be resisted by players in PVP gear, and almost assuredly anything important (like bosses) will be immune.

In addition, pet interrupts are iffy because the AI isn't bright enough to wait until the pet's target is actually casting something; it'll just spam it whenever it has the focus regardless of what's going around it if left on autocast. And if you take it -off- autocast, if you have anything else left on auto, the pet will just spam that willy nilly. The end result is either you gimp your pet damage entirely by turning off ALL of its abilities (like Bite/Smack/whatever), or you furiously mash the special button in the hopes of getting that interrupt to happen in between the pet burning its GCDs as fast as the timer can reset and the time the mob actually finishes whatever spell it's doing. And on top of that, if you're doing that, you aren't hitting any of YOUR actual buttons. You know... like... shots. Stings. That kind of thing.

In addition, Pin and Jaw Lock need to be readdressed. A channeled root seems ridiculous to implicate when other pets bring stuns, blinds, and nonchanneled roots and slows. In addition, Kill Command -breaks- the channel, thus rendering the ability completely inferior to Spider/Silithid webs (which can be in place while damage is dealt by the pet). There's enough root-capable pets as it is out there... why not give them something else.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Nachtwulf wrote:Dogs
This. I love my Squibble so much, but he's just so damn useless at everything! >:

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

What i would really love to see are tamable ravens, like this

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41651

At the moment they are just used as critters in both Gilneas (worgen starting phased zone) and Stonetalon mountain, i don't care if they'd end up being as Carrion birds or Birds of prey i'd just love to have a raven pet.
They share the same basic model with the seagull so i think they shouldn't be too hard to implement, i guess Gilneas could be a good place to put them to.

Hydras would also be great but honestly why i'd love to use them in any spec they don't really make much sense being "less exotic" as a beast than a corehound or a chimera.
One thing i wouldn't like though is if they keep their ability "Bellowing Roar" as it currently is (5% critical increased strike), we already have plenty of pets to provide that buff wouldn't another neat ability (possibly not already overused) be better for such awesome beasts?
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Oswen wrote:What i would really love to see are tamable ravens, like this

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41651
Me too!!!! I have wanted one of these as a pet since I first saw them, even a non combat pet version would be wonderful.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Astratia wrote:Oh, and it would be nice to give a voice to the storm drakes - please?
And the Stone Drakes. My PSD has no voice. :(

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

I really want to see some of Wain's hybrid creations in 4.3. Would be an easy way for them to add some new variations. And the best thing would be to have them NOT be rares, so they would quietly get introduced...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I HAD A DREAM... no, really, I play this damn game so much I dream about it.

Anyway, these showed up in a dream I had last night, where I was in a firelands-style free for all trying to tame them before other hunters got them.

'Shiny' undead bear - Not the 'zombear', which I STILL maintain is a modelviewer error in displaying Arcturis, but the actual zombear type skin with rot damage. The model was Arcturis' though, done in blacks and browns, and a metallic sheen like the shinycats.

Undead tiger - same. An actual 'undead' skin for a riding saber model. This one was black like Duskfang. (Why don't we have any zombie cats, anyway? We have zombie wolves, zombie bears, bone hawks, and bone spiders...)

Blue lion - This was a normal lion (like Echeyakee, not Sambas) but blue or blue-gray in coloration. A lot of people have asked for more lion colors.

Lava bear - A bear with the same effect style as Terrorpene.

Zombie tigar!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

:shock: :shock: :shock: WANT!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

That zombie cat looks like something out of the game, it really does. I want that!

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just painted over top of the black tiger saber model. XD

But yar. I suggested zombie cats way back in wrath and then they didn't happen. An oversight, imo.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Okay, also, while I'm thinking about it.

BM really needs some addressing. I'm less worried about the 'base DPS', but there are a number of mechanics that cause BM (which is the most pet-reliant spec) to suffer slightly. The pet AIs should be a little brighter, but also, Kill Command? Can we PLEASE increase (or completely remove the requirement of) the range? Having your largest hitting attack be in and out of accessibility through no fault of your own (since both boss mechanics and tank movement can cause your pet to go out of range) is unfair and no other spec suffers any similar failing in their base rotational items. Also, removing LOS from BW would be keen. Because if my pet's gone and run behind a rock spike or some other gratuitous chunk of ground without my direction, it shouldn't gimp -my- ability to trigger an, again, CRITICAL part of my effectiveness.

Honestly I think most of the 'rough ground' involved with BM right now would be neatly solved by these two changes.

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I like the idea of class-specific mounts. What I really miss, though, are the unique class or race quest chains that could get you little tidbits that you couldn't learn from trainers. The hunter taming quests, rogue poison/trap disarming(?) quests, pally and lock mounts, shammy totems, druid forms... I mean yeah, when you're levelling your fifteenth alt they can get a little old, but as someone with a large number of characters I really miss doing those little extra things that "force" you to "experience the game" rather than just dungeon grind yet another toon to 85, gear it up and raid. Some of these quests are still around but honestly when you can just buy the skill from the trainer anyway... So for that reason I'd quite like class specific quests for optional items or benefits (such as customising your armour, changing the colours of your mount, etc)... things that you can't buy from a trainer, real genuine "feats of strength" that show you went the extra mile. I just miss that sort of thing.

Kiingeh
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kiingeh »

Tahlian wrote:Why can't hunters use their pets as mounts?

It's really rather simple. Ever seen the grumping these days that comes from pallies and locks getting two "free" mounts towards their mount achievements? It's there and it does happen.

Now...imagine the QQ-storm that would result from hunters suddenly getting anywhere from 5-25 "free" mounts towards those achievements just for taming the "right" pets. Not pets that bring buffs your group wants or needs...just pets that become mounts. That's certainly not what Blizzard had in mind when they gave us all those stable slots, I'm pretty sure.

That's why hunter's can't (and shouldn't, to my mind) be allowed to use their pets as mounts.
They could easily get around that though.

Have only 1 pet able to be mounted (mount slot or something) at a time.
It wouldn't be "learnt" like with the current mounts, adding to the mounts tab (or achievements). Would behave like the call pet functions, what ever pet you have in the "mount" slot would simply behave like a mount.
Obviously there would be some limitations, wont be seeing taurens riding around on monkeys. Perhaps limited to land mounts and only select types could be ridden.

Regardless though, doubt Blizzard would ever give hunters unique mounts.