4.3 Hopes

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: 4.3 Hopes

Unread post by Silivren »

Azunara wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
sameyer716 wrote:ALL of the Lions should be given the Sambas model, just with black, white, and gold re-skins.
Let's not. I strongly prefer the look of the original lions and have never been interested in Sambas or the alliance mount.
This! I don't mind a black or white version of his skin, fine, but let's not convert all the kitties to it.

I like the old lions just fix their whiskers a little bit ;)

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Darven wrote:Call me crazy but...
Does the idea of Hunters having a Class mount sound good? I mean, if we can tame numerous amounts of beasts of all shapes and sizes, why can we not have a quest of some sort to go tame our class mount. Im not saying we can tame anything as our mount, Im saying we need to have a quest to tame THE class mount. If the pallies can have a mount from there order, the locks can summon 1 up, and the DKs can bring theres back from the dead, why cant the hunters go tame them 1?[...]
Interesting idea. Maybe it could be an epic ground mount quest at level 40, where the racial mount gets an overhaul in forest green colouring for the armour. Might have some difficulties with the Worgen (as they are their own mount) and Hawkstriders (Pink and Green? Not so much.).
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Darven wrote:Does the idea of Hunters having a Class mount sound good?
Yes. And it should be a spider!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Darven wrote:Does the idea of Hunters having a Class mount sound good?
Yes. And it should be a spider!
I would sell my soul for a spider mount. I could actually see one using a Nerubian-esque frame working very well. :D
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Eh, if hunters get a class mount, everyone should get one.

Pallies and locks had free class mounts at the time because they had a lot of spells and they were pricy. More than any other class. True, not so relevant because you can buy your mount, but at the time it was relevant and needed.

THEREBY. Hunters get a mount, all classes should. Just sayin'.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Well one thing is hydras as my previous post reported, and as one posted: "Shadow Loque Skin" Loque'nahak was intended to be unique, and I never want to see her change. EVER. I am still displeased to this day with the 'small' changes they did make [Extra Teeth, Eyes, and Ears]. Personally if they make a new reskin of 'loque' and its avalible in the game i'd be livid.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Lazurianis wrote:and I never want to see her change.

*FACEDESK*

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

You know, I've always seen Loque as a 'crabby old man' type, the whole nine yards of "You darn kids, get off my lawn!" included. I don't think he'd be happy with the change, no matter how cool it might look. Zombeh Bear on the other hand...
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Caelaza wrote:You know, I've always seen Loque as a 'crabby old man' type, the whole nine yards of "You darn kids, get off my lawn!" included.
Lol, he does actually look SO peed off. Especially from certain angles. :P

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Lazurianis wrote: I am still displeased to this day with the 'small' changes they did make [Extra Teeth, Eyes, and Ears].
Wait, Loque got changed? When, and how?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

He hasn't. I think the 'extra teeth' the person above is mentioning is that the model was, on release, missing his back teeth on one side (but not the other, actually) when the model was first introduced. This glitch was repaired I think with 3.1 or 3.2.

I don't know what they're talking about with his eyes or ears since they look the same as they always have to me.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kiingeh
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kiingeh »

Azunara wrote:Eh, if hunters get a class mount, everyone should get one.

Pallies and locks had free class mounts at the time because they had a lot of spells and they were pricy. More than any other class. True, not so relevant because you can buy your mount, but at the time it was relevant and needed.
This isn't true, at all.
Paladins and Warlocks had mounts because they fit the class.
Both classes had to go through a huge quest chain to get them and they weren't cheap at all.

Warlock's quest chain
Paladin's quest chain
At the time, the collective cost for the materials needed to complete the entire quest chain was about the same (or in some cases more, depending on the server) as buying the vendor mounts.

If hunters get a mount, which I am betting everything I have we wont, ever. I hope it'll be something earnt with a long and costly quest chain, not just a "walk up to the trainer and click learn" thing.
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Personally I always wondered why we couldn't use some of our pets as mounts. I know it sounds kinda dumb in some cases, but some pets right now are as big as or even bigger than our nounts, such as devilsaurs and raptors. I don't see why we can't just have a saddle and some armour fitted on to our pets before jumping on them and riding off. A devilsaur mount would be awesome... Silly, but awesome.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Chaoyll wrote:Personally I always wondered why we couldn't use some of our pets as mounts. I know it sounds kinda dumb in some cases, but some pets right now are as big as or even bigger than our nounts, such as devilsaurs and raptors. I don't see why we can't just have a saddle and some armour fitted on to our pets before jumping on them and riding off. A devilsaur mount would be awesome... Silly, but awesome.
i have thought the same thing. with the food buff, hero and BW, Chromaggus is the size of a mammoth mount! (core hound mounts=awsome) but i doubt anything like that will happen. atleast not any time soon. so i am happy to just ride my lil winterspring saber mount around and bring along the matching hunter pet from the same zone. (who may or may not be named boyfriend and the source of many jokes >_>

as far as my hopes for this patch and all patches:
Hydras. i want one... i want a black one... i want a black one named Sith to love and pamper and feed noobs too. <3

outlands, (and possibly vanilla, but outlands makes more sence) spirt beasts. there are some amazing things in outlands that would make great spirt beasts and since we are lvl 70, we would be able to tame them. chimeras,phoenix, warp stalkers and even nether rays and spore bats would make some really awsome spirit beasts. the idea is probably just a hopeless daydream though ^.^; So i will just hope for hydras xD

Grave110

Unread post by Grave110 »

i just want to tame a gyreworm like if we can tame shale spiders we should tame those too
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Why can't hunters use their pets as mounts?

It's really rather simple. Ever seen the grumping these days that comes from pallies and locks getting two "free" mounts towards their mount achievements? It's there and it does happen.

Now...imagine the QQ-storm that would result from hunters suddenly getting anywhere from 5-25 "free" mounts towards those achievements just for taming the "right" pets. Not pets that bring buffs your group wants or needs...just pets that become mounts. That's certainly not what Blizzard had in mind when they gave us all those stable slots, I'm pretty sure.

That's why hunter's can't (and shouldn't, to my mind) be allowed to use their pets as mounts.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*nod* I agree with Tahlian. I wouldn't mind a single Hunter-specific mount, but honestly I think just being able to tame pets is the best perk of all, and unless every class receives their own special mount I don't really see the need for Hunters to have one. :)
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Not to mention, I don't think blizz wants alliance running around on wolves, I can imagine the QQ from any ally riding the black war wolf.

and same for horde riding ally mounts
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Tamable Stags :3

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I would love to see something like a Lava Devilsaur. There is only 4 skins for Devilsaurs and countless skins for cats.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!