Possible future For Bigger Pet stables ??

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Re: Possible future For Bigger Pet stables ??

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I myself am satisfied with the 25 slots, even though I have all but one used. I am one though that uses all of them. I have out the 5 I want to play with for the day, and each day I change them out. I think I have only one pet that I just don't play with very often, but I can't part with since I got her at a low level - Clutchmother, and of course there are a few that I have out every day (Krush and Loque) If I see that I am not playing with one of them, I release them back so that I can try a different one.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

While more slots would be a nice addition, I do think it's not needed.

I am close to having my stables full but that's only because I know I have the room to tame random things. I have my cats and I have my dungeon buff pets. If Blizzard adds new models/pets that I happen to like and my Stables are full, I will have to start letting my least liked pets go. I do have, I'd hate to say, some disposable pets. I tamed a blue/silver Wind Serpent which I just never clicked with. While I think it looks neat, it just doesn't fit me. He'd be the first to be released and I've been tempted to do it already even though I still have 4-5 slots left. I just feel bad.

New cats that I like will always take priority in my Stables. I love cats. I still would like to grab the Lavender skin as well as Shango's beautiful Tiger skin. A White Tiger would be nice, but I do have the Aqua which is close enough. Tigers are my favorite cat, especially white tigers.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I love the cats too, and suspect that over time I'll have a pretty big selection of 'em.
judge40
Realm: Kilrogg EU

Unread post by judge40 »

I'd be happy if I had the space to tame one pet per family, sadly there just isn't enough space currently.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I'd be cool to have more slots, but if I were asked, I'd say that I didn't need 'em. Neither of my Hunters have full slots. One of them has a theme and the other is just pets I fancy, but still they haven't filled up their stables.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

I'd honestly rather they use the storage space for things all classes can enjoy. We already have far more customization than anyone else, and there's plenty of space for essential buffs and some favorite types. It just takes thought and prioritizing.
I know alot of people been whining saying it big enough...
Ironically, I could say I've heard the opposite. ;)

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Himeko
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Himeko »

Ijomi wrote:I will pull a fifteen hour camp, and you better believe that pet is never leaving my stable, no matter how many new shinies Blizzard throws my way. :p
I just spent all of Sunday camping for Loque'nahak, took me 10 hours and 12 minutes of non stop searching to FINALLY get her. Before that I got lucky to get Skoll. I had spent months trying to get my hands on Terrorpene and finally got lucky after month four had passed. Sunday night when I was doing my FL dailies Anhka spawned right in front of me. I watched a druid in full gear try to kill her, he however was made dead in an instant. Lucky for me I knew to remove my gear before taming her. Now I have 7/9 spirit beasts. My stables are almost completely full and I do switch out my pets. I use all my pets everyday so that non of them feel like they're unloved. If we had more stable space I'd be able to get the other pets I've been wanting and would give them the same love and affection as I do my other pets. So what if they're just pixels? I'm an animal lover and I take pride in my class. So what if I wanna be able to tame whatever I want and have as many stable slots? Doesn't mean that whatever pets I get won't go unloved.~ ;"P

Himeko

Some say Legion will be the downfall of WoW, I disagree. WoD was the downfall and Legion will be there to raise WoW from the dead.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

What Veph said, exactly that. 30 was a number I dropped in another thread. Initially I was thinking something like, when we get new rares (in this case 10), we'd get half that number in slots (bringing us 5 new slots), but I wondered if getting upwards of 50 or 60 would invalidate the slots as a barrier.

For now, I think 30 would be enough. There are 2 or 3 pets out there I gave up VERY grudgingly that I would like back.
Mekhit
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Mekhit »

more stable space would be nice (i think 30 would be enough) :D but on the other hand i have just relesed a few of mine to make room for others that i would like to go for and that may come out since i dont play them :(
talonkylor
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by talonkylor »

Only pet i dont have more than one of, is the spirit beasts. and yes i use everyone one of them minus the "white tiger" and the Owl of i never see you!"
I really don't know if i really WANT more slots. but if i had them, i'd dang sure use them.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Nubhorns wrote:I still can't understand how you guys fill those slots up so fast!
/snip
Checking now, I have 9 'main' pets total. I have a few others scattered around that I tamed to replace ones I haven't bonded with(namely one of each devilsaur, a few cats). I think that adds up to maybe 19.
Well my stable is completely full now but do I play with all pets evenly no, but I do tend to rotate pets around depends on my mood :)

my current party is:
solid spots:
Chromaggus
The old spirit wolf

and the variable spots:
Tank: Ghamoo-ra or Terrorpene or my Amethyst Scarab (usually stabled when raiding)
Spiritbeast: Banthalos or Skoll
whatever I feel like taking: Ghost sabre, Scion of Quetz'lun, Jadefang, Aotona, Hellhoot, Trachela but this can be pretty much anything :P

some pets just have sentimental value:
take the ghost wolf for example got it with some friends and besides the spirit beast variant its unique so there is no way i will ever release that one,
my white Worgen (AKA the bugged Garwal) its just a normal worgen now but I still cant get rid of the poor bugger.
same with my old BC pet Trachela.

some lonely tames in AQ (Kri and Huhu) will most likely not be dropped either took me the whole evening in WOTLK to solo that place :)

I already dropped some pets to make room for the new spiders and yea I am most likely forced to drop 1-2 of them (got deth, Anthiss,skitter and kirix atm) if new pets are announced but GHAAAH it will be so hard XD

Especially since the majority of my stables are rare spawns >_>
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Shamino
Realm: moonrunner

Unread post by Shamino »

I would rather see them do away with the stable and let us call pets like we do for mounts and companions, they could put a cd on it if necessary. This would let us use more of our pets more frequently instead of them just sitting in a stable
Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

I do agree :O(
Need at least 10 more
Gilnean
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Gilnean »

Would also love to see atleast 10 more slots.
Happyhooves
Realm: Thunderhorn

Unread post by Happyhooves »

Haven't you people heard of animal hoarding?!
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Kokiron »

As it stands right now, I have all the spirit beasts and most of the other Cata and Northrend rares (I skipped Terror Spinner because bone spiders look dumb to me, Skitterflame and Anthriss because I can tame any yellow/red lava spider and it looks exactly the same and no one would know the difference, and Karkin because I have enough tank pets as it is). I swap them in and out weekly, taking different things with me to raids and dungeons. My stable is COMPLETELY FULL, and yet there are other pets out there i'd like to get and add into my carnival of wild and wacky pets. I say add in an option to shell out a few thousand gold for 10 or 15 more slots, that way the people who don't want more stable slots don't get more stable slots unless they change their mind, and those of us that do can have them.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Depending on how what new rares come out in future patches, will depend if I let some more pets go. I have a few that are nothing more then trophy pets really. I have 8 pets that are favorites.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Velaxis
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Velaxis »

Some people would like more stable slots, others are happy with what they've got. Fact is, players want different things. I collect pets I like the look of, or 'feel' of, and try to use them all when I can, if only for dailies and so on. I like the riding model cats so tend to rotate them in my active stable so they all get time to play. I'm not as completist about it as others are, and at the present time don't feel I need more slots, but I do understand the attraction of pet collecting and why people love doing it. There will be only be a few pets most people use if they raid or run heroics. But that said, if one of the reasons some people play the game is to track down and tame a multitude of pets, rare and otherwise, that's their pleasure, and if they want more slots in their stables for it, fair enough. I can't see anything wrong with this. Blizzard constantly adds more tameable pets to the game, so it makes sense really that Hunter stable slots should increase to accommodate those who enjoy taming new pets. Blizzard must be aware a lot of people are really into that and we all play the game to get out of it what we most enjoy.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I actually wouldnt mind having more stable slots, not a ton more but a few more would be nice. Yes there are some I really dont use at all anymore but every time I try to release it.. I cant or I do then a few weeks later I miss him and want to find her again. I mean think about 10 new rares, so if you liked them all for a reason that leaves 15 stable slots for your old pets and what about 4.3? There has to be a few more rares come out, possibly new family or two (hopefully ^.^) so though Sas has 22 only I am quickly running out of space. Do I like not using certain pets I really liked like my loque, no, but could I ever release her for something new and shiny, nope so I am stuck. Some pets you just bond with and never use but can never ever think of releasing, so I think maybe a few more slots would be great. You could call it pokemon but if I camp it, look for it, want to tame it, and theres a chance of a bond with that pet then havign a few extra slots where I dont have to release something I really like to try out something new you know?

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I'd be even more happy with the stable screen being modified so that all pets show on one page. I'm fine with current 25 slot otherwise though :)
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net