Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: 4.3 Legendary

Unread post by Kurenio »

Kalliope wrote:
And bows only benefit one race....

It's completely reasonable that we be given a choice, unless those two racial buffs get changed to something else. Some people like guns, others don't.

Besides, the art department has come up with some pretty fantastic looking guns before. :)
This won't happen. When it comes to legendaries blizzard wants it to be a definitive item. Not choice between legendary A or legendary B. They claim it feels less "legendary". That is the problem with implementing a tank legendary. They don't want to give a choice of what the item becomes.

Darven wrote:
Yea, like that kick ass gun from Ulduar that looks like a steam engine or the 5 barreled gun from one of the auchindoun dungeons.
Ugh.... I hated that gun so much... the barrel was way oversized IMO.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Caelaza wrote:Then that just means they'll have to develop a bow AND a gun, and we get to choose.
>.>
<.<

Or not, you know, whatev's.

guns just annoy the crap out of me. constant blam blam blam, i refuse to use the engineering gun because of it, im sticking with my troll instance bow.

oh wait, we just got a gun too so its more likely it wont be it. Yey!

signature thanks to Kurieno
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Kahane wrote:Trolls do not receive any bonus from crossbows, only the regular type of bow works with their racial. There currently is no race that gets any manner of bonus from wielding crossbows.
So then it should be a crossbow, so that no one benefits from any specialization.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Darven
Realm: Undermine - US

Unread post by Darven »

Caelaza wrote:
Kahane wrote:Trolls do not receive any bonus from crossbows, only the regular type of bow works with their racial. There currently is no race that gets any manner of bonus from wielding crossbows.
So then it should be a crossbow, so that no one benefits from any specialization.
No. let it be GUN.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Caelaza wrote:So then it should be a crossbow, so that no one benefits from any specialization.
I think that's an excellent idea.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Aritria »

Darven wrote:
Caelaza wrote:
No. let it be GUN.
I know you want it to be a gun, Darven. But if it's a Crossbow, then it's a neutral item that can benefit any hunter equally. Knowing the community of World of Warcraft, if any race in any class gets something where there is an advantage over another, QQ will be had, and shit will go down, and it will not be pretty. Hunters are no exception. So if they keep it something that everyone can get with the same strengths and attributes, there will be grumbling from some, yes, but it's the most democratic thing to do in a game with this big of a player base.

Speaking of class specific items, the current Legendary Staff of Taregosa's Rest is a great example, and the logic behind it is on the right path I think. With enough diligence and patience, any caster can get the materials and slowly build up the staff. If it looks anything like the models I've seen from the viewers and dataminers, it's gonna be EPIC ingame.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother

Schlimazel
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Schlimazel »

Caelaza wrote:
Haha, it's like an MMO-related version of what my parents would say. "You want a gun, you want a bow. FINE IT'S A CROSSBOW NOW NONE OF YOU ARE HAPPY."
Isjaki
Realm: Eu-Teldrassil

Unread post by Isjaki »

Darven wrote: the 5 barreled gun from one of the auchindoun dungeons.
the one, that looked like a "sausage-shooter"? ^^
Darven

Unread post by Darven »

Caelaza, I know, things will be done we like and there will be things we cry about. I dont care really about the 1% crit, i just like guns.
To show you how much I like guns, I drew a picture of a plane made of guns shooting guns.
At least we can all agree on this: As long as its for hunters, we like it.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Aritria »

Very true.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

I love the idea of Hunters getting a potential legendary. Personally I agree with the idea of making it transform between a Gun/Bow/Crossbow so no one fights or qq's about what the type it is. Personally I have my sound turned off so I don't have a problem with it being a gun as long as its not hugely oversized like the Volatile Thunderstick or too small like the one Crossbow thats just ridiculously small. I prefer a Bow if anyone was to ask me something like Thoridral, Star's Fury. On a recent post on the 4.2 Forums there was a mention of a Bow that resembled a Fire-Hawk because of the Fiery Feathers on it, maybe that is it? Who knows this could be a whole scam by Blizzard claiming something that never comes to be, *cough* At the WoLTK Blizzcon they 'claimed' Frostmourne to be an obtainable item. *cough*

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Demonium
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aszune

Unread post by Demonium »

they never claimed frostmourne would be an attainable item. it was a joke from the beginning. i dont see how people could not see that.

the lore itself for the sword would not allow it be given to players in the game.
baldcore
Realm: dragonblight

Unread post by baldcore »

Hmm Well judging from what I have surmised in the past about the upcoming raids, the new legendary will likely have a connection to the next raid. Here is some ideas of what I want to see.

War of the Ancients = Vial from the Well of Eternity Trinket
Info: This powerful trinket still holds some of the initial power from the original well of eternity. When in combat it has a chance to collect energy/mana/rage from its user giving you a buff of 5% damage increase while sapping 10% of your energy/mana/rage which it stores as a stack. When you reach 10 stacks, you have the option to release the resulting in an instant 200% regeneration of energy/mana/rage as well as 50% damage boost for 10 seconds with cooldown being 10 minutes between full stacks usage.

Zandalar Island = Fists of the Beast Kings 2x Fist Weapon
Info: These two fist weapons were once part of a mighty Devilsaur that stood as king of Zandalar Island when the Zandalar were young. As the mighty beast was killed, a powerful shaman took the spirit of the beast king and placed it within the removed fists which had been converted into powerful twin fist weapons. When the shaman put on these fist weapons he was imbued with more power than any zandalar before him had ever had before. With the respect of his people, he became the first leader of the zandalar tribe. It is said that whoever wears these mighty gauntlets is imbued with the power of the might beast king himself and thus transformed into a mighty devilsaur with a strength and fury unlike any that has existed since ancient times.
Darven

Unread post by Darven »

A PROC TO BE A FUCKING DEVILSAUR!?!?!?!!?? WTB THAT!!!!!!!!

....but what color?
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Darven wrote:A PROC TO BE A FUCKING DEVILSAUR!?!?!?!!?? WTB THAT!!!!!!!!

....but what color?

probably green, trolls like that

signature thanks to Kurieno
baldcore
Realm: dragonblight

Unread post by baldcore »

I had the idea after realizing that out of all the transformations out there the one thing that blizzard has yet to give is a dinosaur transformation hence the idea behind the devilsaur. As for the nature of the proc, when you transform you essentially take on a sort of vehicle mode with your damage now based on the vehicle's damage preset. Your normal attacks are replaced by attacks common to most dino pets ie Terrifying Roar, Monsterous Bite, Tear Armor, and Tendon Rip with Terrifying roar establishing energy and a crit boost while the rest of the abilities consume energy to a certain extent while applying useful debuff to the target. The downside is that your previous abilities are unaccessible until the proc ends so you are vulnerable to most cc that most everage players use in pvp.
Evolet
Realm: Blood Furnace

Unread post by Evolet »

I don't prefer guns, they're so loud. :( I hope we get a bow!

Also having a proc that turns us into a devilsaur sounds COOL!

The extraordinary is in what we do - not who we are.

Darven

Unread post by Darven »

Ok. From here on out, those who want a bow or crossbow over a gun,
I am selling your souls to the devil or to Tom Cruise. Whichever you despise more...
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Aritria »

/derail

I don't care how crazy that man is, Cruise still has a beautiful smile. I can haz, Darven?

/rerail

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

A Proc that turns us into a Devilsaur? I think we should get additional abilities like here what the spell proc would look like

"Erupting Rage of the Devilsaur"
"You take on the form of a berserk Devilsaur increasing melee attack power by 500%, movement speed by 75%, size by 1000% (Approx the size of Un'goro Devilsaurs or King Dred), attack speed by 50%, and increases your health by 100%. However this grants you additional abilities but prevents you from using your ranged weapon. Lasts 30 Seconds."

Additional Abilities include:

Grievious Bite: Deals 2% of the Targets HP as Damage every 5 seconds. Lasts until fully healed.
Mangle: Increases bleed damage by 25% for 2 minutes.
Furious Roar: Fears all Enemies within 20 yards increasing their damage taken by 200% for 5 seconds.
Stomp: Deals 100% Damage to all enemies within 10 yards knocking them back 50 yards. Grants you additional movement speed each second you are not attacked lasts until you engage an enemy.
Charge: You charge an enemy dealing 150% Bleed Damage. Your next attack's attack power by 25%.

Disadvantages:

You cannot use a ranged weapon
Your damage taken is increased by 20%
The GCD of the Proc is 1 Minute (So 30 Second Down Time)
The Proc has a 1% Chance of activating.
This is an Enrage so you can be tranquilized, soothed, etc. (HOWEVER, if you are Tranq'd you gain a Berserk buff [Similar to the Enrage Timer on bosses] increasing attack power by 1000% and Attack Speed by 100%.)

So if this was to happen, i'd spend ALL my gold on it. Every last copper.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark