So let's assume they add hydras

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstraza

So let's assume they add hydras

Unread post by Loffter »

Which I am dieing for just like the rest of you.

I think it's time for a new exotic. So what are the abilities and spec?

Honestly, I'm thinking Tenacity. They are big, thick skinned creatures. But we need a tenacity pet with some damage potential SO...

Regular ability-Heads in the way.. The target takes 50% less damage for 3 seconds. The pet takes 50% of all damage delt to the target during this time.
Exotic ability- Triple strike- The Hydra lashes with all three heads, attacking 3 times. Each attack deals 70% normal damage. 40 second cooldown.
Bonus- Nom Noms. The hydra finds meat on the ground and the heads fight over it.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: So let's assume they add hydras

Unread post by Kurenio »

1. We can't make sure they add anything
2. They are already ferocity
3. They are not exotic
4. There ability gives 5% crit (wolf/devilsaur)

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Kurenio wrote:1. We can't make sure they add anything
2. They are already ferocity
3. They are not exotic
4. There ability gives 5% crit (wolf/devilsaur)

O_o wha? How do we...know...right, Kurenio. He does kind of know...everything. Welp, I'll shut up now.

(They should have been exotic..)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Currently the pre-tamed hydras from Sholazar were given their own family and special ability. Though other hydras are not currently tamable, one could assume that if they were added in the future they would match what was added.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

We know because they hydra family is already in-game for those lucky few hunters who got the ghost hydra pet.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

I must have missed that... I remember a while back there was the hydras that were tamable, but they were just bugged to be crocs.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Loffter wrote:I must have missed that... I remember a while back there was the hydras that were tamable, but they were just bugged to be crocs.
*nodnod* Exactly that. They were considered a Crocolisk until a recent patch where they were given their own Hydra family, so it seems a likely candidate for them to be added at some point in the future, though nothing is concrete yet.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd rather them be not exotic so every one can have one and no don't go "oh but duel spec" cos not every one enjoys BM.
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

While I enjoy my bm spec, it wouldn't be fair for people who tamed the ghost hydra to be unable to use it anymore because he/she doesn't play bm. They were fortunate enough to get one when they could and taking it away from them and telling them to "lol dual spec" just seems mean. So I think they look rather exotic, but in the interest of not being a jerkface, I could never get behind making them be exotic even if I could.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Agreed. I don't think they should be exotic. BM has gotten lots of nifty little things. (Okay, fine. Not BM got 5 spiders. Whoop dee doo.) Let the other classes get a nifty pet as well. :D
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Lotusii wrote:While I enjoy my bm spec, it wouldn't be fair for people who tamed the ghost hydra to be unable to use it anymore because he/she doesn't play bm. They were fortunate enough to get one when they could and taking it away from them and telling them to "lol dual spec" just seems mean. So I think they look rather exotic, but in the interest of not being a jerkface, I could never get behind making them be exotic even if I could.
They took worgen pets away from hunters who had legitimately figured out how to tame one. I understand why, but it was still a jerk move. They should have let the hunters who tamed them before it was fixed keep them. Now they just turned everyone who tamed a worgen's pet into a normal wolf. That is totally lame.

YES, I know worgen are playable races and Blizz doesn't want people to tame a playable race, but really, they SHOULD have let the few hunters who DID tame a worgen keep it. This is my opinion, of course. Others may disagree.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loffter »

Sarantha wrote:
Lotusii wrote:While I enjoy my bm spec, it wouldn't be fair for people who tamed the ghost hydra to be unable to use it anymore because he/she doesn't play bm. They were fortunate enough to get one when they could and taking it away from them and telling them to "lol dual spec" just seems mean. So I think they look rather exotic, but in the interest of not being a jerkface, I could never get behind making them be exotic even if I could.
They took worgen pets away from hunters who had legitimately figured out how to tame one. I understand why, but it was still a jerk move. They should have let the hunters who tamed them before it was fixed keep them. Now they just turned everyone who tamed a worgen's pet into a normal wolf. That is totally lame.

YES, I know worgen are playable races and Blizz doesn't want people to tame a playable race, but really, they SHOULD have let the few hunters who DID tame a worgen keep it. This is my opinion, of course. Others may disagree.
I dunno, the best thing in my opinion would have been to make the old hydras stay crocs with the strange skin, then just retool the hydra. I mean, I'm all for them being a dps pet, and I suppose I am ok with them being non-exotic, but just giving them the wolf ability... I dunno. I already have my big green devilsaur, now I have the pick between it and a hydra? >_< That is a very hard choice..
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

Sarantha wrote:They took worgen pets away from hunters who had legitimately figured out how to tame one. I understand why, but it was still a jerk move. They should have let the hunters who tamed them before it was fixed keep them. Now they just turned everyone who tamed a worgen's pet into a normal wolf. That is totally lame.

I had one and it really pissed me off. I had a group taking turns and It took me several tries and when I saw it turn into a normal wolf I was SO angry. They even made it de-level! I think that was a terrible thing to do, they could have done something else like make a cool replacement for it since it was a really clever find. When I found out they were making worgen a playable race I was okay with it, still angry, but I understood. However...when I saw how half assed and UGLY the worgen females were going to be it re-opened that anger all over again. So yeah, I was not a fan of that change. They took away the ghost hydra before I got one and also the grimtotem wolf before I could get it which is why I don't want them taking pets away from hunters who have them. Sure I didn't get one, and I am a little envious when I see someone with one, but considering how pissed the worgen pet change made me, I don't want it happening to anyone else.
Loffter wrote:I dunno, the best thing in my opinion would have been to make the old hydras stay crocs with the strange skin, then just retool the hydra. I mean, I'm all for them being a dps pet, and I suppose I am ok with them being non-exotic, but just giving them the wolf ability... I dunno. I already have my big green devilsaur, now I have the pick between it and a hydra? >_< That is a very hard choice..
This seems like it would be really tricky, would the ghost hydra always be a hydralisk then no matter who tamed it? Although that really seems like an odd thing, other hydras being hydras when hydra ghosts are something entirely different. But I'm not a programmer after all and I have no real idea. I think they should give hydras something more worthwhile as opposed to having a wolf/devilsaur buff and I think they're better off being ferocity.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Evolet
Realm: Blood Furnace

Unread post by Evolet »

Oh, I do SO hope they stay un-exotic. :( I would really like one for my hunter and I don't prefer BM.

The extraordinary is in what we do - not who we are.

Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I am BM, but I agree, don't make them exotic so that all can get the new family.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

Ghidorah is my #1 pet, use him for pretty much everything. glyph md, and just md everything to him, dont really need a tenacity pet. i used to use Whitemist a lot for the agi buff, until they changed the ghost hydra from croc/tenacity to hydra/ferocity.
Stallord
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Stallord »

I believe If they end up being Exotic this could be a perfect way to give BM better AoE Give a Ferocity pet with an Exotic AoE attack Like a thrash type of move or something along those lines that would be nice so we dont have to use worms for AoE We have chimera's but they don't always cut it since they are a cone aoe :/
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Sarantha wrote:

I agree, they should've said "Sense those who have tamed the famous Transforming Worgen 'Garwal' he will become untameable but those who tamed him should keep him. However this is NOT a worgen it's a Feral Worgen therefor if it has enough mind to be tamed by a hunter then so be it." Personally saying this would clear up a lot of confusion like people asking "Why did hunters get to tame a race?" etc. I saw Garwal as a FERAL Worgen not a worgen. A Feral Worgen is a Beastly Worgen with enough sense to be tamed but not enough sense to have the smarts and resist it. A Worgen is a HUMANOID not a beast and with enough smarts to not be tamed. If blizz could read this and give us back our worgens I would be so happy but I know they're not, so I guess we will have to keep dreaming :cry:

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Sarantha wrote:They took worgen pets away from hunters who had legitimately figured out how to tame one. I understand why, but it was still a jerk move. They should have let the hunters who tamed them before it was fixed keep them. Now they just turned everyone who tamed a worgen's pet into a normal wolf. That is totally lame.

One word.

SLAVERY!
Huntsthehunted
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Huntsthehunted »

They already set everything up for Hydras, Hunters are just waiting for the release now. Hopefully they'll release them in 4.3, I am soo getting a black one from the Island near Theramore.