More stable slots? Please? Pwetty pwease?

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: More stable slots? Please? Pwetty pwease?

Unread post by Worba »

Actually, since void storage was brought up, I think there is an interesting comparison to be made - when you take away things like gems, enchantments and such, really what is the major difference between storing a bunch of item IDs for keys vs storing a bunch of item IDs for anything else?
deadpuppies
Realm: skullcrusher

Unread post by deadpuppies »

I think that There should be different tabs for each type of pet located at the stable masters in "major cities".
When you visit a major city and speak to the stable master he has a few tabs each maintaining 20 slots:
1 Ferocity
2 Tenacity
3 Cunning
4 Spirit Beasts
5 Frequent (name it whatever)

Any other stable master in game should just show the personal "Frequent" inventory we already have of 20 pets for easy swapedge.

The hunter should only have 5 active pets like we do now. There really is nothing wrong with that.
The Bm hunter should have the ability to Summon a jeeves type of stable master that shows their personal inventory of 20.

I say Beast Master because it just makes sense to have it in that spec.

The Pet trainer being almost useless should now sell armor sets for pets.
Pets should get loyalty back, and this loyalty shouldn't come from feeding them..it should come from using them!

That loyalty should unlock the ability to wear armor sets for pets. Additional armor sets should come from crafting and farming--boost economy please!!!!!

Realistically their is a disconnect with pets now that we don't have to level them. They can be abandoned and re tamed anytime so who cares for most of them...Loyalty and the ability to get armor set usage for pets will re establish allot that may have been lost.

I know i said allot but I actually like being a hunter...and I love my pets. If you like my idea please let me know.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

100 slots? Might as well just make it infinitely expanding the way keyrings used to...

I do agree about loyalty though, at least in a general sense - you are right when you say that pets have come to feel somewhat disposable. I don't know if barding is practical (the sheer number of models needed to accomodate every possible pet body type would be staggering), but it would be nice if *something* accrued during the time you spent using a pet, even if the benefit was fairly small and/or cosmetic...
madmanricky
Realm: buring blades

Unread post by madmanricky »

i don't see it outside realm of possibility. pets have always been a badge of honor for hunters. with cata blizzard has shown that they understand that even more with 4.2 hunter challenges. i could see them expanding it to 30-50 slot in the next expansion since they will more then likely add even more rare pet.
Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kul Tiras

Unread post by Bubu »

deadpuppies wrote: Pets should get loyalty back, and this loyalty shouldn't come from feeding them..it should come from using them!

That loyalty should unlock the ability to wear armor sets for pets. Additional armor sets should come from crafting and farming--boost economy please!!!!!
Brilliant idea!
Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

I think it is a tough issue. Because having a huge stable probably is rough for them & it takes out any need of thought about which pets to tame if you can hold them all.

But at the same time they will keep adding new pets and if you have a rare one you don't really want to drop it for the newest rare one either :(

I think adding 5 more each one for gold just like the bank slots or even long term stable slots where you have to pay a hefty bit and it is like a long term storage for a pet you don't often use. Would be nice. But they should add more for new expansions for sure.

I currently only have 1 little spot left. I have 3 more pets I want (the two new spirit beasts cats & a blue dragonhawk). that means I gotta drop some pets *cry*
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

I stated in the 4.3 pet wishes thread that I wanted maybe just 5 more slots that are unlockable after lv 85, maybe paid for either in gold or real money. I don't want tonnes of slots as it takes away the specialness of some pets but at the same time there are one or two pets who I really do not want to part with even though they are easy to find/tame but I want to tame one or two more so i'd need the room or sacrifice something.

Look at Pokemon, although each pokemon has unique stats, abilities, natures and (if you're lucky) colours, the fact you can store the entire pokedex plus an extra 30/50 of them sort of takes the specialness away from them. I like to shiny hunt, going through hundreds of eggs to get that one different coloured pokemon makes that one pokemon more special yet it still gets thrown into a box and barely used unless I know EXACTLY what i'm doing with it. At least with Pokemon the aim is to catch em all. The same would happen in wow with the rares and it already happens. Collect the rare unique pets then new expansion comes and boom, tame more new and unique rare pets. Who gets the boot? The "oh so precious" previous expansion rares. So are they really all that precious?

I'm going to make a hunter alt purely for adopting the pets I cannot fit on my main. When one is abandoned I plan on re-taming on my alt. Another very trivial problem is that I am warming to Ban'thalos, Kirix and Solix however I have the 4 Northrend Spirit beasts and they are my favourite ones therefore I fail to see any need for more on one character. I have my favourite Spider, Deth'tilac so do not really "need" the others. I plan my alt to have some of the other colours to feed my passion for them and have the knowledge that I beat thier challenges.
Another reason for doing this is that you never know when Blizzard will remove pet models, so it's best to be safe.

Until then (if ever) i'm slowly making room. I tamed Gezzarak the Huntress earlier today as i've always wanted her but had to get rid of my Takk the leaper which wasn't a problem because i've never had him out for very long I just wanted a rare raptor. I intend on replacing my current Core Hound with Chromaggus when I eventually get round to that. The only other real additions I want are Skarr and a blue Madexx and I have the space for them. Just. So yeah I can certainly live without the extra boxes but they would be nice. But as others have said, 20 slots is certainly better than before, we should be grateful for it.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

The thing is you may be content with 25 stable slots right now but if they continue to add not only more rares, but maybe new families or maybe make untameable beasts from before now tameable would that work? We got 10 new rares in 4.2, Cata brought in alot new creatures and new families to it will come to the point with each new patch (not saying there will be new pets every patch but bear with me) you will have to decide more and more between keeping the pets you loved, leveled with and enjoy playing with for new pets. Yes you can always make a baby hunter but heres the thing do you spend all that time leveling to tame a few new pets, or do you release your pets on your main hunter in order to tame some new pets? And alot of people with their chars have a history with a certain pet, it becomes less of a skin and more of a bond and a story with that pet which is not easily transferrable between chars. I have a few pets that I dont really care for but could never think about releasing, not on the rarity of the pet but of the story I had from before. And I want the pet on a certain hunter, maybe it goes with the theme, or its a hunter I enjoy playing.

Maybe im just wierd but somehow.. I dont think 25 stable slots will cut it anymore.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

BigRedPuppy
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by BigRedPuppy »

I'd like more slots, personally. There's more than 25 families if you want one of each, not to mention when there's 3, 4, or 10 of the same family that you want because of the way they look...