Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Pet wishes for 4.3 (and beyond)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

ahnalia wrote:My wish-list:
New Cunning:
rats
This would be a wonderful homage to the MMO/RPG 'kill ten rats' meme. To this day, I still have fond memories of the Morrowind rats. :)
ahnalia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Drak'thul/Feathermoon

Unread post by ahnalia »

A phoenix spirit beast that has the ability to rez people would be awesome.
Serahna (85 Hunter (Horde) - Drak'thul
Ahnalia (85 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon
Autumnrose (60 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon

Dedicated Beast Master Hunter/Pet Nerd Extraordinaire and permanent member of "Pet Tamers Anonymous"
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

New Cunning:
rats
ROUSes? I don't think they exist...

Anyhoo. *cough*

My list is a lot of reiteration of what others have said, BUT...

1. Tamable ravens! Ever since I saw the model, I hoped they would be a tamable pet. I'd love to see more carrion birds now that our only options are vultures and condors. Oh, but if they are included... can something be done about that rigging it shares with the seagull? :( It looks so frightfully unnatural.
2. Give Warp Stalkers warp again! I really miss that ability and even if it just replaced Charge, I'd love it. It's their signature move!
3. Tamable basilisks and hydras. I love hydras, but I'd tame a basilisk SO fast.
4. Resize the demon dog model so they don't look so tiny in comparison to other dogs. Bring them into at least mastiff proportions, IMO.
5. I'd love to have deer and other hooved beasties tamable, too, but I'd settle for a deer mount if anything.
6. I, too, would love to see more unused skins being implemented for tamable pets.
7. I guess if I am to make one unrealistic request, I'd love to see more skeletal pet options. The undead windserpents in Tanaris, the nerubian flying spiders, etc...
8. And last but not least, tamable mana wyrms! Maybe they can be lumped into the Wind Serpent group?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ebonrook wrote:
New Cunning:
rats
ROUSes? I don't think they exist...
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

As far as all new ones go...

Rats - about the size of a boar would be cool, maybe a touch smaller
Ants - not the silithids. actual ANTS, bout the size of the widow spider model
Dragonsharks - imagine a raptor's body, with a shark's head and tail, plus the fin on the back
Chi Dragon - remember the vanity pets 'spirit of competiton'? the little chinese dragons? yes please.

As far as existing beasts go...

Shoveltusk - Tenactiy
Pterrodax - Ferocity
Penguin - Cunning
Python - Cunning (the regular ol snake models)

As far as exiting tamables go...

Parrots need to be taken out of birds of prey and moved to their own family
Seagulls need a better model than the vanity pet style one
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

for now I will say the same as i all way dose, hydra and phoenix.

I am fine though if the phoenix want to mages or warlocks.
for futur i would like to see the nagas snap dragons and croultis (miss spelled)

oh and yes also pythons as are friend above said.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Lava devilsaur, said to be contaminated by Deathwing's blood.
"Faceless hound" - sort of cross between a core hound and a faceless one. Also, more Drakeadons.
Some of the skins and swaps Wain made in his threads!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kayb wrote:remember the vanity pets 'spirit of competiton'? the little chinese dragons? yes please.
Hmm, they basically use the wind serpent model. Maybe there will be new wind serpent skins like this in Pandaria!
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

Hello this is my first post! Been lurking for a while and wanted to join but I figured once I posted my taming stories noone would *really* care.

Anyhow, I had to post specifically in this thread, noone else who plays wow is as interested in pets as I am and I wanted my opinion voiced... er typed. Ah... warning, I do like to go on... it's a bad habit, I do it on every forum i've joined. I just can't help myself.

1. I think with each new expansion you should get the option for 5 more stable slots. As you level up they become accessable and "unlock" as in at low levels you can't use them, maybe at lv 85+ you can. Still a max of five pets with you at any one time. I think any more would be a bit silly.

2. This StormcrowEagle.png from this thread http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13598 is beautiful! I know there's a tamable hawk but I can see those sneaky elf ears! (Also lmao at the owl with eagle skin xD)

3. Nearly everyone has said it - Hydras! I've had a look through them and now I want a black and orange one!

4. New unique spirit beasts. I'd personally love to see a spirit Devilsaur either a typical light and glowy one or a dark one, either way it would look cool! Same with Dragonhawk and wind serpent! I think a spirit beast boar skin would be great and it should be a dark spirit reflecting Princess Mononoke's corrupted Boar spirit. It would be awesome.

5. A bunch of families need more skins. Poor Sporebats only get 3. Ok I don't think there's much going for them in the looks department but they need more love. Same goes for Bats, Nether Rays, Serpents (non cobra viper model much?). I could go on, I think adding those thunderstomper things from stonetalon to the Rhino family would be cool as well as adding basilisks and those dimetredon things to the crocolisk family.

6. More challenge rares! I'd love the black Dragonhawk as a rare challenge pet, it's so pretty. I get it if it's part of lore so isn't a good idea but I think a nice dark DH in general would be neat. I had so much fun (and panic) getting my Deth'tilac to the point of taming and it felt SO much more satisfying when the tame finished, I was so elated when that spider shrank down I couldn't sleep for hours that night :p I want the same feeling with more pets with different skins, they don't have to be spirit beast or exotics. It would be even better if said challenge pet was a unique skin/model and had no other even slightly similar beast to it.
Kayb wrote:Dragonsharks - imagine a raptor's body, with a shark's head and tail, plus the fin on the back
Chi Dragon - remember the vanity pets 'spirit of competiton'? the little chinese dragons? yes please.
That seems... familiar somehow... http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29
Also YES chinese dragon type thing would be lovely! Although Dragons as part of the lore are way too intelligent and sentient to be tamed so these would be the same. But Yes please anyway :p

And someone mentioned it earlier but a SB panda would be sweet xD
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Basilisks! C'mon, they have all the rigging done already, and having a Tenac pet with a stun (their usual attack) would be great.

C'mon guys, minimal effort exerted to make these guys legit, and it'd make us happy! XD

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I would love the hyenas to get a bit of attention.
Feralclaw wrote: 3. Turning Araga or Brokentooth into this cat or this cat.
This, too. I've always hoped for that. It'd be awesome. c;

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Neleyah
Realm: Zirkel des Cenarius [GER]

Unread post by Neleyah »

Let's see... A white Lynx, a white Lynx and - OH! A white Lynx! Please, please, please with cherrys and cream on top? I would happily let my Gondria and my beloved Yubae go if a white Lynx would cross the way of my Neirana. ;_;

And maybe a purple Devilsaur, Thanissa would be soooooo happy about one of these guys. :D
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Neleyah wrote:And maybe a purple Devilsaur, Thanissa would be soooooo happy about one of these guys. :D
If Krush is always named Yoshi, I can only imagine all the Barney names we'd see if this one happens. :lol:
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

A spirit Beast that resembles a Celestial Dragon; Long and slender body with the wind serpent animation, transparent body, claws instead of wings, and the whole Chinese look. Either ghostly, or green with red hair. Also, Antlers since Chinese dragons' horns look like antlers.

More "mutant" monsters, like Chromaggus is.
- A bear with bull horns and scales
- Two-headed Eagle (bald eagle) that uses the Chimera skeleton
- A boar with a cow's behind. Look up Mooshoo Pork from the Gex games.
- Two-headed Boar (brown one) that uses the Core Hound skeleton.

A Creeper from Minecraft. Explodes when it attacks. Dies when it attacks once. IT MUST BE DONE.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by Vignax »

Spirit stag *Drool*

Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Unlike everyone else... I hope hydras are NOT tameable this patch... I really hate the hissing -.- (and dont say turn off the volume, I like to hear the game).

However...

- A new Spirit Beast, preferably a chimaera, winged serpent, fox (kitsune!) or some new model (Like a firehawk or who knows)
- To fix the prowl/spirit walk bug. It's annyoing when I need my pet to unstealth to dash and intimidate a runner player.
- Give some new skins to some pet families, namely bats, gorillas, warp stalkers and tallstriders.
- Give both moths, nether rays and sporebats both new models and some tweaking in their abilities so they get some love.
- Epicus Maximus. Tameable if possible.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Kikanu wrote:
A Creeper from Minecraft. Explodes when it attacks. Dies when it attacks once. IT MUST BE DONE.
Just...yes. Except blizz will have to avoid some copyright stuff.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.