BIG hunter nerfs...?

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

BIG hunter nerfs...?

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Orc racial no longer affects ranged attack power, only melee.
Trueshot Aura and Abom's Might give melee 20% ap, hunters, only 10%.
There are no buffs to our abilities as far as mmo can tell.

This smells like a whole lot of bad.

I KNOW WHY THE CHANGES ARE MADE. KNOWING WHY DOESN'T CHANGE THAT WE ARE BENEFITTING 50% LESS THAN ANOTHER CLASS.50% - 10% is half, or 50% of, 20%.
Last edited by Monica Gems on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: BIG hunter nerfs...?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If you read http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2004 ... s-part-one you'll understand the reason for the changes. They're not nerfs at all.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Right now, hunters are ~8th in the pack of best dps. Buff the melee silly, and we will slip further down. 20% buff to melee AP as the AP pools increase while hunters stay at 10% is not going to end well.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Did you read the link, Monica?
Hunter DPS is fine, or even high in 4.2, so we didn’t want this buff to extend to them, which is why the AP benefit is now 20% for melee attacks but still 10% for ranged attacks.
Plus, there is another buff in the patch notes now:
Kill Shot now scales from 45% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 30%.
I for one am pleased with buffs to our execute. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Has anyone bothered running these numbers?? Is it even a tiny spark in anyone's mind that melee will violently pass hunters?

The dps mapping sites out there are currently mapping hunters mid pack. CURRENTLY. Buff another set of dps further withmore AP, casters have their legendary, and what do we get to help us out? GC says hunters are "fine" but there's a huge amount of discontent in the hunter community as it is. It's not going to get any better if this goes through.
Kalliope

Melee has a lot to deal with that ranged classes don't, usually involving "don't stand in the bad stuff." Depending on the fight mechanics in 4.3, melee might be doing a lot of scrambling again, so getting some boosted damage during the periods they can dps might balance out. We'll have to actually see the fights to know, of course, but Blizzard already knows what to expect, since they're privy to all that information.

YouTube Edition

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Considering how most of the Cata raids are completely melee unfriendly, I don't see them violently shooting past hunter DPS. Not to mention, a lot of this is dependent on your raid comp; our feral druid and ret paladin are our top DPSers in my raid composition.

Also, before you go getting your panties in a bunch, this is just the start of 4.3 changes, none of these are even close to being set in stone yet. ;)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for them. Casters and hunters to a lesser extent have their own movement issues.

I hope they pay very close attention to the ptr numbers. But they were crying about losing subs not too long ago, and are now pulling this. Dangerous move.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

For the Orc Racial: Quote"Now increases your spell power instead of your spell damage. "
It's the same for Hunters as it was before, the only change is for casters. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rawr on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope

Monica Gems wrote:Sorry, I don't feel sorry for them. Casters and hunters to a lesser extent have their own movement issues.
Yes, they do. And other casters have to worry about silences, whereas hunters do not.

As you noted yourself, ranged players do have to move some themselves, but they can still use instant cast abilities while on the move (and hunters are even less affected, since we have aspect of the fox). Melee classes can't maintain their usual rotations if they have to run out.

YouTube Edition

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Orc racial no longer affects ranged attack power, only melee.

So my racial's gonna be worthless?
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

The only problem with the "20% increase to melee DPS but not ranged" is that at least 2 melee classes are above us on the DPS charts and I feel cheated because of this. The fact that Enhancement Shamans are getting more than one buff out of this when they are above us and are a "whack a mole" spec that scales very well with gear bugs the hell out of me. The "whack a mole" specs for all classes need a nerf (Beast Master Hunters being an exception because they are already low on the charts). If I have a rotation that changes constantly because of the situation I shouldn't be doing at or less DPS that the guy next to me going "oh that's off CD got to hit it, oh that's off CD got to hit it" the whole fight. :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Dewclaw wrote:Orc racial no longer affects ranged attack power, only melee.

So my racial's gonna be worthless?

Quoting old tooltip: Increases melee attack power by 1169 and your spell damage by 584. Lasts 15 sec.

Quoting new tooltip: Increases your melee attack power by 1169 and your spell power by 584. Lasts 15 sec.

Those were the only changes :mrgreen:

Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Also, before you go getting your panties in a bunch, this is just the start of 4.3 changes, none of these are even close to being set in stone yet. ;)
PTR isnt up yet and 4.3 is nowhere close to going live, these changes most likely will be modified multiple times if needed to balance things out.

As far as u posted nothing is even nerfing them, unless every hunter is an orc. Most hunters on the horde side are troll for the bow specialization from what I've had experience with. U still get 10% RAP from trueshot aura and similar buffs.

U should just wait and see how the testing turns out and how to optimize your character for when 4.3 goes live. Other classes do need to be buffed and some need to have aspects of their play modified.

This is how the game has always worked; unless you rolled a mage, where u can expect to be buffed constantly.

A nerf to one class and a buff to others may help the raid unit work better overall. hunters seem to be in the middle atm without any major changes.
Rawr wrote:The only problem with the "20% increase to melee DPS but not ranged"
you are quoting the changes incorrectly. it is not a 20% increase to melee dps. the buff trueshot aura(and similar ones) will give the current 10%+ AP to ranged and the changed 20%+ AP to melee.

Currently on my marks hunter i have around 13k ranged AP in za/justice gear and on my similarly geared enhancement shaman I have around 10k melee AP, not to mention absurd amounts of hit and expertise that hunters do not require. so a 20% AP buff to melee would bring me closer to my hunters AP but still, the hunter would have more.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There were a *lot* of tooltip corrections for the start of this patch, but something you all need to keep in mind is that first and foremost those are nothing but DATAMINED changes and are nothing official. Secondly, this is just the START of 4.3 being on the PTR; none of this stuff is even close to being set in stone yet. We've got a long way to go yet; if hunters fall too far behind, then they'll get a buff. Warlocks didn't even really get a change but I'm not running around crying foul yet. :)

And by the way, Blood Fury hasn't been affecting your ranged attack power for quite some time now. ;)

Also, Parkour, I'm not sure why you quoted me there; you're basically saying what I said.

[/center]
Kalliope

Parkour wrote:you are quoting the changes incorrectly. it is not a 20% increase to melee dps. the buff trueshot aura(and similar ones) will give the current 10%+ AP to ranged and the changed 20%+ AP to melee.
This explains a lot! I just assumed that the complaint was regarding the buff to the AP buff, not thinking that Monica interpreted it as a flat buff across the board.

YouTube Edition

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Enhancement Shamans either way should not be getting another buff, I can agree with them about Restoration Shamans but Enhancements don't need a 10% buff to AP plus all the other ones, they are fine as they are (I'm still peeved at Blizz for rewarding the stupid with high DPS, "whack a mole"s should be on the bottom of the totem pole). :mrgreen:

@Parkour, your right I should have said 10% not 20%, but ranged are still not getting a buff, melee are that's my gripe. Warriors, DKs, and Enhancement Shaman are right up there with us, Cats, Rogues, and Paladins do need a buff but that can be done without giving them all an increase to AP.
Last edited by Rawr on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kalliope wrote:
Parkour wrote:you are quoting the changes incorrectly. it is not a 20% increase to melee dps. the buff trueshot aura(and similar ones) will give the current 10%+ AP to ranged and the changed 20%+ AP to melee.
This explains a lot! I just assumed that the complaint was regarding the buff to the AP buff, not thinking that Monica interpreted it as a flat buff across the board.
That's why I linked that blue post to try and clarify the changes. I read them the way Parkour said as that's how it's listed on MMO-C as well.

Boub even cleaned up the datamined info and the change now reads:
Trueshot Aura now increases melee attack power by 20% and ranged attack power by 10%.
Edit: Blessing of Might will work the same way as the new Trueshot Aura.

[/center]
Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

TygerDarkstorm it was because u said panties and i thought u said it well. I was typing mine up when you posted that so i just added it in to mine since i had writted it all out anyways :) this way u can add to your rediculous post count.

As far as the whack a mole, or a priority rotation, goes anything is harder than arcane mages and look where they stand :P
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh, I'm sorry. XD I should have guessed that you were agreeing with me. Sorry Parkour. :oops: But yes, I do think that it's too early to be worrying/complaining too much. :)

[/center]