Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:^

while its in the spellbook it is considered mechanics wise a mount, so there ya go ^-^ you are your own mount (well it was already obvious that you were your own mount but yea cows right as to how complicated it must of been to create) so shhhhhh :P
Horde are still ticked Alliance got that after blizz scrapped Plainsrunning.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

i know :< i missed Plainsrunning but ive seen it in videos, perhaps if theres enough complaints made (and blizz hasnt already expressed that they dont want to give it back) then perhaps.. perhaps..

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah. So honestly, worgen players dont need to be whining they dont have a special mount...cause they do.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I don't think it's so much that they don't have a special mount. It's that they expected more special mounts - kind of in line with the trikes - and they didn't get that. I understand that it seems lazy, or that people are mad because they didn't get new colors of horses. Those are perfectly acceptable complaints - I just don't get how this thread exploded into people butting heads over an opinion. It's handled much, much better than some other topics, granted, I just don't get why we're mad at people for having an opinion - that goes for the people mad at the people who like the horses, too.

It's like an anti-problem. People who like the horses will get them, people who don't like the horses will get them anyway for the mount number boost. Even if you didn't get what you wanted, you're still getting something, which is considered better than nothing.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nubhorns wrote:I don't think it's so much that they don't have a special mount. It's that they expected more special mounts - kind of in line with the trikes - and they didn't get that. I understand that it seems lazy, or that people are mad because they didn't get new colors of horses. Those are perfectly acceptable complaints - I just don't get how this thread exploded into people butting heads over an opinion. It's handled much, much better than some other topics, granted, I just don't get why we're mad at people for having an opinion - that goes for the people mad at the people who like the horses, too.

It's like an anti-problem. People who like the horses will get them, people who don't like the horses will get them anyway for the mount number boost. Even if you didn't get what you wanted, you're still getting something, which is considered better than nothing.
There's a huge difference between an opinion and then whining and stating false facts. Thats whats getting people irked, even those who don't care for the horses. They don't have to like them. But constantly saying Blizz is lazy and all this other stuff is unnecessary and counts towards whining rather than a mere opinion of no desire to get the horses.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

I don't know about that. I would say Blizzard was lazy -- in the specific case of these two horses (and not necessarily everything else). I'm happy to have more choices for worgen starting out and happy to have new mounts to learn, but it would have been nice to see a new color to go with this horse model from 2003. I can't imagine that making two more recolored variations would break the bank.

In the end though, it's not that big of a deal.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

If they hadn't added running wild, which they consider to be the worgen racial mount, then yes they could be called lazy. But they did add running wild, so no - not lazy.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba wrote:If they hadn't added running wild, which they consider to be the worgen racial mount, then yes they could be called lazy. But they did add running wild, so no - not lazy.
^ This exactly.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Worba wrote:If they hadn't added running wild, which they consider to be the worgen racial mount, then yes they could be called lazy. But they did add running wild, so no - not lazy.
It took a lot more effort to make two sets of unique animations (mountspecial and everything) for a player race than it does for them to revamp a horse or drake model yet again, yeah.