No More Birdie Droopy-Butt?

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: No More Birdie Droopy-Butt?

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Basically, the brown and black 'druid hawks', and the new-model condors would follow your hunter in their 'resting' position instead of their 'flying' position.

When these models rest, they lower their tail feathers and sort of drop their feet to indicate they're 'hovering'. The problem was, when they would fly forward to follow you at a run (I don't know if mounting would fix it or not) they'd -stay- in the tail-down position instead of tilting forward and putting their tail feathers flat behind them. If you want to see it in action (the condors have been fixed) go tame one of the brown Fjord Hawks or Oil Covered Hatchling on live realms.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

A lot of the folks here called it 'hoverbutt'. I tend to call it 'droopy-butt' because of... well... the fact their butt is drooping down. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, the hoverbutt issue is when birds that should be using their flying 'run' animation to move forwards instead are stuck with their idle hover pose.

Personally it never bothered me *too* much if I really wanted a particular bird model (for example, the Daggercap Hawks when I wanted that pet on a low level alt). I could get past it, but it was a little eerie looking since they don't appear to have any forward momentum in the idle pose and just sort of weirdly drift forwards.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I personally found "hoverbutt" so annoying that I couldn't keep any pet that had the issue, which was a lot of my favorites.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

...Oh. THAT. I never really found it annoying on my seagull. He's always too busy gouging someone's eyes out and stealing their girlfriend and/or wife. ^^
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Here's a random but related question… Have Nether Rays been fixed, too? They got droopy-butt syndrome recently.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!