Fortune card woes

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Fortune card woes

Unread post by Yaone »

On the ptr, the mysterious fortune cards are not able to be sold to a vendor anymore. I am really hoping this is just a bug cause I really love my fortune cookies!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Fortune card woes

Unread post by Kurasu »

I don't know. It's potential they got into trouble for condoning gambling, with the cards, and decided to fix that by making the Fortune Cards into... well... just 'fortunes' instead of '*fortunes*'?

Hopefully not, and hopefully it's just a bug!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I wouldn't mind if they even only let em all sell for a tiny bit back to the vendor, but having to destroy cards that most the time aren't gonna stack... unless you get real lucky and have duplicates.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I seriously hope they don't remove them. I've never gotten a good card, but honestly, there isn't any other reason to get them. >.<

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

If this change is intentional, I think it has more to do with not continuing to give players a means to circumvent the gold caps Blizzard has in place when transferring servers. Occasionally, I see people advertising in trade that they want to buy as many 5k cards as possible for 10% to 15% over their face values. One time, I asked someone why they were buying so many, and they said it's because they had close to 1 million gold, but they didn't want to lose it or leave it behind when they server transferred.

Still, Blizzard could solve this simply by making used Fortune Cards bind on pickup, but there might be a technical glitch since they're used in the Fortune Cookie recipe. Or, it's as someone else already said, Blizzard got yelled at by some group for "condoning gambling", so they wussed out and changed them to be like typical fortunes you find in real life fortune cookies.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Sigrah wrote:Blizzard could solve this simply by making used Fortune Cards bind on pickup, but there might be a technical glitch since they're used in the Fortune Cookie recipe.
It's only the 'unflipped' Mysterious Fortune Cards that are used in Fortune Cookies, so the unused ones could be traded, while having the used Fortune Cards be BoP.
Chimaera
Realm: Dragonblight, Moon Guard, WrA

Unread post by Chimaera »

Aww. :( This is sort of a bummer for me, since I have the 5k fortune card, and to me it's always been sort of a trophy and an emergency gold reserve if I found myself broke for some reason. (Unlikely since I'm a careful spender, but you never know.)

I see no good reason to get rid of them other than the gambling thing, but even that seems like a silly reason to get rid of them completely.