ZG/ZA randoms no longer require full/near full clears

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Zuilu

Re: ZG/ZA randoms no longer require full/near full clears

Unread post by Zuilu »

Jessibelle wrote: They should like...make some dungeons steamroll and some not. That way both parties are happy. But I'm sure either party will find some way to complain about it.
This would be ideal if they would be willing to do it..that way people can choose between easy content and challenging content, rather than either buffing everything to be crazy hard or nerfing everything to be face roll easy.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Zuilu wrote:
Jessibelle wrote: They should like...make some dungeons steamroll and some not. That way both parties are happy. But I'm sure either party will find some way to complain about it.
This would be ideal if they would be willing to do it..that way people can choose between easy content and challenging content, rather than either buffing everything to be crazy hard or nerfing everything to be face roll easy.
Then you have the people who only put in the effort for easy content looking at the loot tables for the challenging content (which is different than the easy content in some way, because otherwise, where's the need for the challenge?) and saying "Oh, but I want X drop and I can't get that otherwise!" The cycle never ends.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

No but it would be a start, to say the least.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Jessibelle wrote:
SgtMakkie wrote:I agree Jes, but there is another problem and part of the reason I am personally disappointed in Blizzard.. Too many people complain about stuff being 'hard' and this is the result. The fact you couldn't just steam roll the whole dungeon ala LK heroics, was wonderful to me. It made people actually play! Now they can just come, kill 2 bosses and faceroll to the last boss... gg Blizz.
They should like...make some dungeons steamroll and some not. That way both parties are happy. But I'm sure either party will find some way to complain about it.
So you mean like, normal and heroic? xD :roll:

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SgtMakkie wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
SgtMakkie wrote:I agree Jes, but there is another problem and part of the reason I am personally disappointed in Blizzard.. Too many people complain about stuff being 'hard' and this is the result. The fact you couldn't just steam roll the whole dungeon ala LK heroics, was wonderful to me. It made people actually play! Now they can just come, kill 2 bosses and faceroll to the last boss... gg Blizz.
They should like...make some dungeons steamroll and some not. That way both parties are happy. But I'm sure either party will find some way to complain about it.
So you mean like, normal and heroic? xD :roll:
No. Just heroic. :P Got some that are easier than others.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

Kalliope wrote:4.3 is the last major patch of Cataclysm, or so it seems, what with Deathwing and all. How far off can the next expansion really be? :)
I was kind of hoping that Blizz would take more time with Cataclysm. Everything seems to be shoehorned in quite quickly, to the extent that I feel rushed. I can't play everyday and it takes a while for me to gear up even my main, never mind my alts. It seems by the time I'm actually ready to *see* a raid, the next one is out and my hard-won gear is now outdated. PUGs for older raids happen once in a blue moon as well.

Plus, the theme of the last two expansions were wrapping up plot points from Warcraft III -- Kael and Illidan's storylines, and the rise of the Lich King. In Cataclysm, I have gotten the feeling that Blizzard was rather lost when it came to lore. Cataclysm was basically an excuse to revamp the old world, to both allow flying mounts in old Azeroth, and to redo older content, with a flair of creativity. I give it that, but additional content after 4.0 just seems to be filler, having little to nothing to do with any overall plot lines. What has happened after the Zalandari tried to reinforce the Amani and Gurubashi? There was no furthering of that plot, no raid Zalandar Isle, nothing to tie that storyline into the rest of Cataclysm. It just died. After the insane amount of time it takes to unlock Molten Front content and the Firelands Raid, now what? How does that tie into Deathwing's and the Twilight Cult's story, if at all? Why is Deathwing's raid the last one of the expansion? Why not the old God that was controlling him in the first place? After all, the Black Temple was not the last raid of the Burning Crusade -- the Sunwell Plateau was, and that was an important part of lore, the true end to the Burning Crusade's storyline. Cataclysm in contrast feels rushed and disconnected.

Blizzard has always put gameplay before plot, and that has worked for them. However, I believe they are making things unenjoyable by recycling old content that has little to do with whatever plot points they're supposedly working on. The Firelands is basically just the Molten Core made bigger and flashier. Fighting Ragnaros is nothing really new, and has little to do with the threat Deathwing poses. The Burning Crusade was all about countering Illidan, his followers, and ultimately, the Burning Legion. Wrath of the Lich King was concerned about stopping the Lich King and the Scourge once and for all. In both the previous expansions, there was an overall, uniting storyline. Nothing released in TBC deviated from that. Yes, there was recycled content in WoTLK, but Naxx was tied from the beginning to the Lich King's story, and the new lvl 80 Onyxia raid was just a minor diversion/extra loot pinata. In Cataclysm, however, the Zuls seemed quite important, but the story of the desparation of the Trolls was never, ever touched upon outside the dungeons themselves and a few related quests. The Firelands content is restricted to Mt. Hyjal, with no overall importance to the rest of Azeroth, and even if it doesn't directly recycle the Molten Core, it recycles the concept (mixed with TBC's Mt. Hyjal raid). Some things they have changed lorewise outside of dungeons/raids have been either ignored after 4.1, where they should have been expanded upon (more about Uldum, or the Abyssmal Maw, would be welcome additions), or where they should not have gone down that road at all, like replacing the Horde's popular leader with a blowhard tyrant, so that said former leader can go off and play hippy/get all Harlequin Romance with a Mary Sue.

Also, what has been said at all about the Goblins or Worgen outside their starting areas? One of the starting area quests had an Faceless One say he remembered when the Goblin race was created -- why hasn't that been explained in more detail, perhaps in a Vashj'ir questline involving Gilgobins? What, if anything, will the Worgen do about establishing a new home? Compared to TBC's constant expansion upon the stories of the Blood Elves and Draenei in Outland, or WotLK keeping Death Knights in the spotlight through the Ebon Blade's quest hubs, Cataclysm seems quite bare in its treatment of the new playable races.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that Blizzard seems to be taking things much too fast, releasing recycled dungeon content and ideas that seem disconnected from the overall present plot, and ignoring plot holes that people might actually be interested in. I think this rushness is contributing to the unsatifaction with the game that many players seem to be feeling. The only good thing I can see about announcing a new expansion so soon, with so many things left unresolved in the present one, is that I won't have to wait long for my work's midnight opening party.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

When you first take the intro quests into Mount Hyjal (and I'm referring to the Warchief's Command ones that open at level 80, not the MF ones), you see Deathwing summoning Ragnaros to aid him, not to mention the fact that we never truly defeated Ragnaros in Molten Core; that was merely an avatar of his actual self. It's also been evidenced in Hyjal that now that he's been summoned, Ragnaros is trying to go after the world tree in Hyjal and we see all sorts of destruction upon the land. They then even advanced the storyline so that we can see ourselves visibly fighting his destruction and rebuilding the lands.

The push into the Molten Front takes us to Rag's doorstep where we combat his minions to try and get inside of the Firelands itself, which is a rather fun raid (to me personally; I love it). The entirety of the Hyjal storyline is one big offensive to defeat Ragnaros once and for all, and even when you kill him on normal mode, he's not officially "dead" until defeated on heroic, he just retreats at 10% health.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]