Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

ZG/ZA randoms no longer require full/near full clears

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Next patch:

ZG: only need 2 bosses to unlock Jin'do

ZA: Only two bosses needed for Malacrass and Daakara.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: ZG/ZA randoms no longer require full/near full clears

Unread post by Chimera »

that seriously sucks D: any chars i get to 85 will take weeks to get the gear they need if its low drop rates cause of this.. only reason my two best geared 85's got their ZA/ZG armor is cause people were forced to do all the bosses.. now im gonna be stuck dealing with groups that will porbably want to do timed runs and kick me for poor dps thus ruining their chances for the mount in ZA and people who only want the chance to aquire the mount off the two bosses in ZG ._.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Xakaal wrote:that seriously sucks D: any chars i get to 85 will take weeks to get the gear they need if its low drop rates cause of this.. only reason my two best geared 85's got their ZA/ZG armor is cause people were forced to do all the bosses.. now im gonna be stuck dealing with groups that will porbably want to do timed runs and kick me for poor dps thus ruining their chances for the mount in ZA and people who only want the chance to aquire the mount off the two bosses in ZG ._.

The Timed Run thing probably won't be a problem. To get a bear, you have to free *all* the scouts, so you'd need to do all the bosses anyway.

But anyway, I don't really approve of this change. I can see the ignored bosses turning into the new Eck the Ferociouses, ignored completely despite it someone actually wants to kill them.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Meh, don't like the change.
ImageImage
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

thank GOD. I hate those dungeons!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'm okay with ZG as long as people do the mount bosses. If they dont I'll be leaving, cause really thats all I go to ZG for now. <_< I need my raptor, dernit!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

*sigh* This means it will be harder to get the mount now, for me anyway. Heck it's bloody hard to get people to do the side bosses in ZG as it is!
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Hmm, I see it both ways. Most of my 85s are dead sick of ZA/ZG and they were too long in the first place and simply never should have been implemented as such hideously long 5 mans (they're not as bad now everyone is over geared, but still). On the other hand now we can just add those bosses to the "optional pile that no one ever does" which will be annoying for those wanting to gear. Blerg.

Part of me is all YEYEYEYEYE the other is ._.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Jessibelle wrote:thank GOD. I hate those dungeons!
This! I'm so sick of that dammed place by now it's not even funny. This will make it much easier to reach your weekly valor cap and on more then one toon.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:thank GOD. I hate those dungeons!
This! I'm so sick of that dammed place by now it's not even funny. This will make it much easier to reach your weekly valor cap and on more then one toon.
I've given up trying to do the mount runs. They never drop and people are too stupid to do the bear run. I've stopped doing the dungeons. It was a huge mistake for them to turn a RAID into a 5-MAN DUNGEON. ._.; Just as long and expect people to be able to do raid-like bosses. If they were failing at HoR...what made em think they'd do better in this? *headdesk*

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I've gotten the mount on Adam and my mage so far. You think the ZG/ZA runs are bad now, just wait till the headache of doing a raid with random people...
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:I've gotten the mount on Adam and my mage so far. You think the ZG/ZA runs are bad now, just wait till the headache of doing a raid with random people...
......dont remind me.....

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm not giveing up on the mounts as well you can't get unless you try and all that. BUT this will make it harder.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I .. am predicting no more venom guy being done in ZG and prolly dragonhawk in ZA lol
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

i forsee people skipping the Vexonis, already people skip the Arch boss even if theres a high leveled Arch present to unlock it, and most likley Zanzil (but they may skip Bethekk and take Zanzil if they want an easy run) if people want a fast valor run in ZG, and i can forsee Akil'zon or Nalorakk (it'll be a toss-up between bird and bear to kill to be able to unlock Malacross and Dakaara), and definitely Jan'alai skipped if people arent interested in a bear run

it was hard enough to get the gear from those dungeons, now its gonna be hell -_- but i do admit, i havent read what blizz plans to do with how we get valor points. Depending on how they handle it i may or may not become seriously ticked off with the game. PTR is still in the beginning stages of testing, they have a lot of crap going on, i hope it upgrades to something bearable by the time it goes live. :/

Edit: Read the post about VP gains, so far it doesnt seem to be much different then what i remember being in the game currently except that its a cap of 1k opposed to the original cap which im pretty sure was 1250.. i have to see the prices for the gear before i can decide whether to be ticked off or satisfied :/

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

why the hell did they even bother rehashing these things in the first place?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kayb wrote:why the hell did they even bother rehashing these things in the first place?
They thought making a raid into a 5man dungeon was a good idea.....one of the longest raids, ontop of that.

LisaaraPokefarm

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Sorry, but..this is honestly the stupidest thing I've seen blizzard do in a very long time.

People already skip all of the bosses they can possibly skip, why enable people to only do TWO per dungeon? Its pretty much like saying "HERE U GO GAIS, FREE VALER POINTZ"

I have all of my gear from ZA and ZG but why? Just why? You know all the people who need gear from here are going to spend weeks, or months doing these dungeons to get groups that won't just skip everything.

I, personally loved the revamped ZA and ZG. They aren't really that long, you can knock through them in less than an hour and they were very loved raids back in their day. Props to Blizz for bringing them back, but my respect level for them just went through the friggin basement for doing this. It's not going to effect -me- but its going to effect everyone trying to gear up.

I just think its a big slap in the face to people trying to gear, and a huge handout for people farming valor. :\
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The idea is to get justice points (in addition to valor) faster in order to obtain t12+ level gear off the badge vendors faster. That gear is higher ilevel than the troll instance gear, which is 353. Gearing alts up won't be a problem, so long as you let go of the desire for drops and focus more on the purchased gear....which is going to ultimately be better quality anyway. Troll gear is just under t11, after all.

Soon enough, we'll be able to solo ZG/ZA again, and it'll be even easier for those mount farming, since the mechanics will be for 5m instances rather than raids.

TL;DR: I don't see the point in being upset about gear that is going to be ridiculously outdated in the next patch, which alts will be bypassing anyway.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

I'm not sure if I agree that mount farming is going to be soloable, taking mandokir into consideration, since he has that one hit charge ability.. >_<

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605