Tallstrider Mounts and Tallstrider Changes

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Tallstrider Mounts and Tallstrider Changes

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Nooo! I was happy to hear about tallstrider mounts being in the game, but I love the way they currently run with the TALL upright body position and STRIDING their legs stretching out in front of them, hence the name tallstriders!
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

im sad.. i dont own a tallstrider atall but i love their rediculious run, it makes me lol, this.. is sad :( and i hate hate hate hate hate how so many portraits are getting that *zoomed out* appearence, i first noticed it on dragons and it ticked me the hell off omg ><

it all makes me go

note, not mah drawing of a angry face xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thats pretty neat!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

It actually is how the mob is to when you go for a tallstrider to tame in the wild.. its wierd. I felt like some giant chicken was coming to kill me :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

i can see it being fitting for Mazzaranche cause of her babies, that'd be a pretty epic scene

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

You know what they SHOULD add this running animation to... is Raptors! From the gait perspective, Raptor run animations still have a bit in common with the current Tallstrider ones. The ingame raptor movement isn't as sleek and streamlined as, say, their depicted movement in real life (despite of the fact that they're extinct), which looks more like the Hawkstrider's running animation.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Dunno what's with all the hate, it's a serious upgrade to a near-useless pet. They're too...derpy right now, but the new animation is more serious.

Now, with a new animation, it should get a new model, or at least unique tameable mob. Summonable Spirit Beast "Afrazi Forest Strider" mayhaps?
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I think the way they run now is elegant and poised. On the PTR all I think is Chocobo, and unless they make a yellow one I am not biting!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Kikanu wrote:They're too...derpy right now, but the new animation is more serious.
I think that's one of the reasons - there's nothing serious about a Tallstrider, so why suddenly try to make them look serious?

Well, besides the fact that the new run animation makes them look like characters taken from the Sonic games. >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Slapperfish wrote:You know what they SHOULD add this running animation to... is Raptors! From the gait perspective, Raptor run animations still have a bit in common with the current Tallstrider ones. The ingame raptor movement isn't as sleek and streamlined as, say, their depicted movement in real life (despite of the fact that they're extinct), which looks more like the Hawkstrider's running animation.
Raptors and Tallstriders do share the same animation skeleton, or whatever the technical term may be. It's noticeable in the head bobs, the run, and the death animations especially.
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Kikanu wrote:Dunno what's with all the hate, it's a serious upgrade to a near-useless pet. They're too...derpy right now, but the new animation is more serious.
It seems many of us are attached to Tallstriders because of their derpy, silly run. I was assigned one for a random pet challenge, and I felt my baby hunter's Tallstrider really came in handy when I had an overzealous heirloomed tank pulling like a crazyperson in a dungeon. Also, he was pretty darn useful in WSG against a much higher-level rogue. But the best, most endearing part, is how ridiculous the Tallstrider is, in general. They look incredibly stupid running like a Hawkstrider. Wouldn't call that a "serious upgrade to a near-useless pet" at all.

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like Tallstriders becouse I like ratites in real life and those are what they are based off. The mount ones don't look stupid running like Hawkstriders tho.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I love tallstriders because of the derpyness, i love that they make you lols when they're trying to run alongside your mount or when they charge off to eat somethings face, theres nothing menacing about them, their talons arent deadly looking like a raptors, their beaks look dull, they have tiny squinted eyes, and their wings are tiny. Now they look like they're trying to be mean and serious but the derpyness remains but is no longer awesome

._. im gonna miss the old run thats for sure

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Erg. I LIKE their "derpy-ness" as is. Do NOT like new run.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm going to be honest: I have a thing for chickens (no, not like that you sicko!). If the run makes them look more like chickens, it might appeal to me on my 'YAY CHIKKEN!' instinct. However, I believe even in my original 'challenge tame' posting, I mentioned how the running really appealed to me. This is... going to be strange to see.

Logging into the PTR now to get myself a tallstrider and see how I feel.

EDITED: OK. I've gotten myself a tallstrider, and I can safely say the following: "YAY CHIKKEN!" .... on a more serious note, it definitely looks *slick* for the mount. I'm happy with that. For the pet, it looks... odd. Not unpleasant. It looks like a smooth and natural motion, and the animation transition between 'run' and 'walk' is quite nice. I try not to be 'DIFFERENT IS BAD, OMG!', and in this case... eh. It's definitely different, but I don't find it too bad. If I got to choose between the two, I think I'd choose 'derpybird'. But I'm not going to scream and rant if this one makes it live.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, I take it back. Went on the PTR and tried it. I actually am quite taken with it :)
Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

As am I....ive NEVER liked tallstiders before, now i love them with the new running animation >.>
*dodges flying objects going to be thrown*

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Wow. I'm going to have to log onto the PTR sometime after work today to see if I like this new run animation or not.

And like others, I tamed and fell in love with my tallstriders because they are so derpy and silly. As they quoted in the TCG, which is also in my sig, "The cries of laughter upon seeing the tallstrider quickly turn to cries of pain."

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Hrm.

Personally I love my tall runner and utterly adorable paddling feet on all five of my striders. The attack stance would only make sense when charging given the whole fact they aren't top of the food chain and need to keep their head up to watch for danger and all. I couldn't care elss about the mount animations but I would be more reluctant to have my striders out if they look so awfully ridiclous.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Wassa wrote:
And like others, I tamed and fell in love with my tallstriders because they are so derpy and silly. As they quoted in the TCG, which is also in my sig, "The cries of laughter upon seeing the tallstrider quickly turn to cries of pain."
I'm not gonna lie: the new run is *definitely* still derpy and silly. If not more so. :) The chocobo comparison is pretty accurate. Other than not having the wings that they can 'floof' out while doing so.

Hmmmm. Now we just need to get Wain to make a yellow one...

EDIT: Oh! He's already done a couple!

ImageImage
ImageImage

WARK! KUEI! KWEH! Or however you prefer your chocobonoises!
Come see Kurasu's stables!