Buff to BM/SV

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
User avatar
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:17 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Nachtwulf » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Saw this on MMOC:

Beast Mastery
Animal Handler now increases Attack Power by 30%, up from 25%.

Survival
Explosive Shot damage has been increased by 15%.

Honestly I think BM could use more than a %5 boost but... then again it's a flat out AP boost and not just to one shot.
I like flat boosts to AP. :3

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket


User avatar
nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:12 am
Realm: Dalaran US

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by nirvana » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Sadly it's not gonna be enough (the BM buff), especially since melee are going to be doing even more DPS.

But it's a step in the right direction and confirmation that the spec is still weak, so can't really complain.
Image

User avatar
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Tsuki » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Am I still the only one who thinks BM is overpowered...?
Well, I guess only in 1 on 1 PvE situations, but still.
I know I'm going to love a 5% attack power boost though. <3

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~


User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Lisaara » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Yes, you are the only one, because BM has been proven by multiple min/maxers that BM is BELOW SV and MM by a good margin. They haven't been OP since either Vanilla or BC.

I'm ecstatic they buffed BM. It's not much but it's better than nothin!

Image
LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine


User avatar
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Tsuki » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Jessibelle wrote:Yes, you are the only one, because BM has been proven by multiple min/maxers that BM is BELOW SV and MM by a good margin. They haven't been OP since either Vanilla or BC.

I'm ecstatic they buffed BM. It's not much but it's better than nothin!
Hmm. I guess BM is underpowered then O_o

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~


User avatar
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1366
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:50 am
Realm: Muradin
Gender: Female

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Rikaku » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Good, a buff to BM! I think 5% is still a bit low, but hey, its still early in 4.3. Who knows what's yet in store =)


User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Lisaara » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Tsuki wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Yes, you are the only one, because BM has been proven by multiple min/maxers that BM is BELOW SV and MM by a good margin. They haven't been OP since either Vanilla or BC.

I'm ecstatic they buffed BM. It's not much but it's better than nothin!
Hmm. I guess BM is underpowered then O_o
Didn't mean for that to sound mean or nothin. :P BM is way UP. Frostheim did an article recently on Shattered Shots if you wanna see just where BM lies. It's in the WoW General section.

Image
LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine


User avatar
Bubu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 pm
Realm: Kul Tiras

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Bubu » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Tsuki wrote:Am I still the only one who thinks BM is overpowered...?
Are you still playing BC?:O))
If so then yes, BM rules :O)))

User avatar
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:56 pm
Realm: Gilneas-US

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Nightsights » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:44 pm

long needed buffs, might need a little more, but we'll see as the PTR goes on.

User avatar
Kokiron
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Kokiron » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:45 pm

wtb moar surv buffs, make me feel less silly for not being marks ^_^

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3260
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by SpiritBinder » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 am

Rikaku wrote:Good, a buff to BM! I think 5% is still a bit low, but hey, its still early in 4.3. Who knows what's yet in store =)
That's what I was thinking too, it may not be the last we hear in regards to balancing damage between the specs, but it's certainly a nice start. We also don't know the exact implication of the set bonuses just yet either. But from what I've read and seen already, both the 2P and 4P looks like it may benefit BM the most also. Again we will just have to wait and see I guess. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

User avatar
Splaticus
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:12 am
Realm: Frostwolf-US

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Splaticus » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:00 am

BM is overpowered for just about everything except for dungeons and raids. I wouldn't even dream of being another spec for pvp and soloing. I like being marks for group pve though, changes things up a bit and allows different play style to break the monotony.
Image
Thanks to Kurenio for the texted ruin of lordaeron sig!
My hunter's stables:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15849171
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15979749

User avatar
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4462
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Female

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Rawr » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Beast Mastery
Animal Handler now increases Attack Power by 30%, up from 25%....................... I think they need to add another 10-15% (making it a 15-20% increase) to make BM up there with MM as a raid spec. 5% increase is a drop in a bucket, not enough to really make much difference :| :mrgreen:

Image


User avatar
Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 4:01 pm
Realm: Nazjatar
Gender: Male

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Vignax » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Well since BM is already awesome in PvP for me, i love this change, even if it's 5% :P

Image


Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 pm
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde
Gender: Female

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Seilahyn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Happy to see atleast some kind of buff for BM. It's very minor, yes, but it is something.

I just wish Blizzard would seperate PVP and PVE that way they aren't nerfing things in PVP affecting PVE. I know it is possible to make abilities work differently depending on whether it's a monster or player. (Example being Warhammer, despite how awfully buggy that game is. Something that would normally punt a player if used on a monster would only knock it down.) While it may be a lot of a work to recode the abilities to have different outcomes on what they're being used on, I do think it would help in balancing and a lot of the complaints when things get nerfed because of PVP... maybe. No matter what you do, with such a huge playerbase, there will be unhappy players.

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Lisaara » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Seilahyn wrote:Happy to see atleast some kind of buff for BM. It's very minor, yes, but it is something.

I just wish Blizzard would seperate PVP and PVE that way they aren't nerfing things in PVP affecting PVE. I know it is possible to make abilities work differently depending on whether it's a monster or player. (Example being Warhammer, despite how awfully buggy that game is. Something that would normally punt a player if used on a monster would only knock it down.) While it may be a lot of a work to recode the abilities to have different outcomes on what they're being used on, I do think it would help in balancing and a lot of the complaints when things get nerfed because of PVP... maybe. No matter what you do, with such a huge playerbase, there will be unhappy players.
Thiiiiiis

TotalBiscuit's been saying that for years too. XD

Image
LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine


Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3200
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Slickrock » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:07 pm

These buffs are a step in the right direction.

Sadly, the Thunderstomp buff is not enough to make it viable for raiding.

While another buff would be nice, what BM really needs is viable AOE. It's not worth it to try to use pet AOE in most raiding situations.
Account has been closed at user's request.

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Lisaara » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Slickrock wrote:These buffs are a step in the right direction.

Sadly, the Thunderstomp buff is not enough to make it viable for raiding.

While another buff would be nice, what BM really needs is viable AOE. It's not worth it to try to use pet AOE in most raiding situations.
I use a worm for my aoe and it works dandy.

Image
LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine


Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:56 pm
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde
Gender: Female

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Seilahyn » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Jessibelle wrote:
Slickrock wrote:These buffs are a step in the right direction.

Sadly, the Thunderstomp buff is not enough to make it viable for raiding.

While another buff would be nice, what BM really needs is viable AOE. It's not worth it to try to use pet AOE in most raiding situations.
I use a worm for my aoe and it works dandy.
^This. I"ve been using my Worm for fights like Occuthar, Beth, Rhyo, and Rag. While the overall damage from using a tank pet (specced for damage) goes down, it's countered by the awesome AoE the Worm provides me. I've tried using the Chimaera but the conal aspect of the AoE is what hurts. Too much trying to position it right to hit everything, whereas the Worm is just a nice big circle where he burrows plus the occasional Thunderstomp before and after if anything survives. If you're taking a tank pet into a raid it shouldn't be for Thunderstomp, though.

On trash pulls I can spike up to 90k DPS with my Worm, AoE fire trap, BW + Multi spam. >3

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17419
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Lisaara » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:23 am

Seilahyn wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Slickrock wrote:These buffs are a step in the right direction.

Sadly, the Thunderstomp buff is not enough to make it viable for raiding.

While another buff would be nice, what BM really needs is viable AOE. It's not worth it to try to use pet AOE in most raiding situations.
I use a worm for my aoe and it works dandy.
^This. I"ve been using my Worm for fights like Occuthar, Beth, Rhyo, and Rag. While the overall damage from using a tank pet (specced for damage) goes down, it's countered by the awesome AoE the Worm provides me. I've tried using the Chimaera but the conal aspect of the AoE is what hurts. Too much trying to position it right to hit everything, whereas the Worm is just a nice big circle where he burrows plus the occasional Thunderstomp before and after if anything survives. If you're taking a tank pet into a raid it shouldn't be for Thunderstomp, though.

On trash pulls I can spike up to 90k DPS with my Worm, AoE fire trap, BW + Multi spam. >3
Damn straight. It's awesome for trash and adds. x3

Image
LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine


Locked