Buff to BM/SV

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Slickrock4

Re: Buff to BM/SV

Unread post by Slickrock4 »

Hmm...

I gave up on aoe pets with chogal, where the mobility of the adds makes getting the worm or chimera next to impossible, and never went back. Suppose I should go back and try that again where the adds are not mobile (or the tank is not dragging them around).

Of course, the othe issue is raid buffs. But I'll have to give it a try on the fights with adds.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock4 wrote:Hmm...

I gave up on aoe pets with chogal, where the mobility of the adds makes getting the worm or chimera next to impossible, and never went back. Suppose I should go back and try that again where the adds are not mobile (or the tank is not dragging them around).

Of course, the othe issue is raid buffs. But I'll have to give it a try on the fights with adds.
I NEVER had problems getting aoe with my worms on cho'gall. Infact, my raid loved it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

The awesome part about the Worm is that he's a Ravager with AoE. My normal pet for the group I'm in is a Ravager so we don't lose out when I switch to my Worm. He still debuffs the target to take an additional 4% physical damage.

Cho'gal might be an issue depending on where everyone is at. If everyone is spread out and not around a general area together, the adds will in turn be spread out. I haven't done Cho'gal on my Hunter in a while. When we were doing it, I hadn't thought of using an AoE pet just yet for things like that. Really should do some PUGs of BoT and BWD... I still do need shoulders... the ones that NEVER drop. I HATE YOU Cho'gal, Nef, Beth, and Domo! /cry
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

EVERY spec needs a buff, I called that the second they unveiled the changes to TSA/SoE/HoW.

BM and Surv are getting wet bandaid, and they still won't catch MM (before we get all "but I beat MM hunters as BM all the time!", I'm using the standard basic World of Logs info, not what those of us here can do).
MM isn't being touched, and they have been surpassed by everything but other hunter specs, Frost DKs/Mages, and sub rogues. 2 of those 3 specs are very PvP oriented.

They're trying to equalise hunters with the set bonuses, so that means the non-raiders who don't get T13 will continue to suffer through the new 5 mans. Fun fun!!
Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

I rather like BM for raiding, I pull more then most MM hunters....

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Anyone else see that comment GC made about BM Hunters and raiding? Anyways he says BM do as much as MM its just that WoL is bias because all the "pro" raiders play MM, and any BM on there is just people messing around or who doesn't normally raid (sorry its been a long night, I might be paraphrasing). Its not true, I would min/max my stats/gear for BM (I have been playing BM forever and know how to rock it better than most MMers on my sever) but I can see a difference between the deeps by 2-5k (may not be much to you, but to a raider 2k is the difference between 1st and 4th place sometimes). Anyways, just my sleepy thoughts on that, I think GC is pulling things out of his ass half the time he talks (still no moose :cry: ) I'll be back in a few hours :mrgreen:

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

there's a thread about that on the US hunter forums.

a few ppl pointed out that Krip topped the BM rankings for H Rag so its fine.

i pointed out that even with H Rag on farm and being near BiS geared (w/ H Rag bow), he is being out dps'ed by 64 MM and 1 SV hunter. sure, BM is "fine" or "viable" or "pretty good" but it is not "better than."

blizz is either unwilling to fix or are unable to balance hunters.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Nightsights wrote:there's a thread about that on the US hunter forums.

a few ppl pointed out that Krip topped the BM rankings for H Rag so its fine.

i pointed out that even with H Rag on farm and being near BiS geared (w/ H Rag bow), he is being out dps'ed by 64 MM and 1 SV hunter. sure, BM is "fine" or "viable" or "pretty good" but it is not "better than."

blizz is either unwilling to fix or are unable to balance hunters.
Thank you. Every time I see "But I'm <lesser spec> and I ALWAYS out-dps <higher spec>!!", I'm never sure how to point out that, while I'm proud of them, this is NOT the norm across the class, and your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't mean the spec isbetter than everyone thinks. I've been able to burst at 30k dps as BM, but I'm not going to trick myself into thinking it's a superior spec to MM. It's just in the "close enough, we're gonna leave it be and move on now" pile.
Zaphoed
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Trollbane

Unread post by Zaphoed »

Jessibelle wrote:
Slickrock wrote:These buffs are a step in the right direction.

Sadly, the Thunderstomp buff is not enough to make it viable for raiding.

While another buff would be nice, what BM really needs is viable AOE. It's not worth it to try to use pet AOE in most raiding situations.
I use a worm for my aoe and it works dandy.
I use Chimaera Have its Frost attack macroed into Multi Shot. Works great For me as well.
Aotona - Trillian : Uhk'loc - Zarnywoop : Arcturis - Bandit / Loque'nahak - Ipos / Skoll - Raiju / Karoma - IkiUrufu / Ghostcrawler - Ocypode / Ghondria - Naberius : King Krush - Verin : Sambas - Valafar / Ashtail - Kitsune / Nuramoc - Euynome
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zaphoed wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Slickrock wrote:These buffs are a step in the right direction.

Sadly, the Thunderstomp buff is not enough to make it viable for raiding.

While another buff would be nice, what BM really needs is viable AOE. It's not worth it to try to use pet AOE in most raiding situations.
I use a worm for my aoe and it works dandy.
I use Chimaera Have its Frost attack macroed into Multi Shot. Works great For me as well.
Oooooh...mind sharing that macro? I might use my chimaera sometimes for that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

BM def needs SOMEthing.

My friend was in BM spec last night, and we were trying to run a ZG. She's still learning fights and gearing up, and her DPS was the lowest. I asked if she had another spec, and she had a MM spec.

With the exact same gear, enchants, and pet she nearly doubled her DPS even without being familiar with the rotation, just by swapping to MM instead of BM.

That's not right.

I get that one spec tends to be somewhat higher than another, but one spec should not consistently get left behind to be half as good in a group setting as other specs. I could see a few DPS points lower, but still viable. As it is, we're back to WOTLK situation, where BM is basically a leveling spec, or for PVP, but is a joke in most group settings, for the typical player.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I honestly don't see how BM is that far behind. Maybe it gets worse as you progress into higher content, but right now, as a moderate-at-best BM hunter who still has some green questing gear, I compete extremely well with everyone I group with except for the occasional mage.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael