The Future Of Pet Interrupters

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

The Future Of Pet Interrupters

Unread post by Kurasu »

.... is not bright. :(

Nether Rays, tested, will spam their Nether Lash against anything they are in combat against. This means even if an enemy is not a caster, it will get 'Nether Lashed'. It will use it every time it's up if it's on auto. This is the same behaviour as on live.

Moths will save their ability to use only when there's a caster in the group (i.e. something with a mana bar, it seems). However, they will spam the dust whenever it's up *on* that caster. Doesn't matter if it's casting or not.

Gorillas do the exact same thing as moths. That is to say, they save their pummel unless they are against a caster, but they will spam it on that caster. Even if the enemy is stunned, and definitely no way to cast a spell, they're Pummelling. In live, they are (or were; I haven't tried recently) casting it intelligently, only pummelling when the enemy would begin to cast a spell.

What this means is that the interrupt abilities on all pets will need to be taken completely off autocast. Even the mighty gorilla! They still interrupt no problem, but they're dumb about it.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: The Future Of Pet Interrupters

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ugh seriously? Hopefully its just cause its the ptr and most things arent bright on the ptr. I really am holding out for a better interrupter though..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Kurasu wrote:.... is not bright. :(

Nether Rays, tested, will spam their Nether Lash against anything they are in combat against. This means even if an enemy is not a caster, it will get 'Nether Lashed'. It will use it every time it's up if it's on auto. This is the same behaviour as on live.

Moths will save their ability to use only when there's a caster in the group (i.e. something with a mana bar, it seems). However, they will spam the dust whenever it's up *on* that caster. Doesn't matter if it's casting or not.

Gorillas do the exact same thing as moths. That is to say, they save their pummel unless they are against a caster, but they will spam it on that caster. Even if the enemy is stunned, and definitely no way to cast a spell, they're Pummelling. In live, they are (or were; I haven't tried recently) casting it intelligently, only pummelling when the enemy would begin to cast a spell.

What this means is that the interrupt abilities on all pets will need to be taken completely off autocast. Even the mighty gorilla! They still interrupt no problem, but they're dumb about it.

its not PTR i dont know why blizzard doesnt want smart casting pets but they changed gorrillas in 4.1 i noticed it when i was running a heroic, moths have always done that and nether rays have too,
But the warlock pet interupt remains untouched and smart cast. i think there is some bias going on here

signature thanks to Kurieno
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

I've always wanted to get a Moth or Nether Ray for the interrupts, but the lack of a "smart casting" AI prevents me from getting one at the moment. That and I have a bunch of pets I don't really need, but probably won't find again if I get rid of 'em. >_<