Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Raid mounts...NOT Aspect!

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/253 ... ts-Artwork

Well these seem to be the drop mounts. There's a third version of this mount which could be the raid achieve mount. I still think the Aspect mount will be for something completely different.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Raid mounts...NOT Aspect!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Go figure....lol. Only the hard core raiders will get them while the rest of us dont.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Jessibelle wrote:Go figure....lol. Only the hard core raiders will get them while the rest of us dont.
I've always thought that was kind of a silly argument. You get better rewards for doing harder things. Eventually the raids will be puggable so more people will get the chance. :)

That's just my 2 cents, but I'm not really a fan of Alexstrasza in the first place. She's all... pokey...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Miraga wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Go figure....lol. Only the hard core raiders will get them while the rest of us dont.
I've always thought that was kind of a silly argument. You get better rewards for doing harder things. Eventually the raids will be puggable so more people will get the chance. :)

That's just my 2 cents, but I'm not really a fan of Alexstrasza in the first place. She's all... pokey...
Uh...heroics are NEVER puggable. I don't who told you that but that's the biggest lie if I ever heard one.

People rarely pug on my server. So yeah...not gonna happen. If they do, they never get past the first boss usually.

So yeah, not a silly argument since every good mount they've shown us thus far has been a Raid mount thats a RARE drop that not many get to do. If they'd give us some of these mounts that dont require raiding but look just as good, I'd be satisfied. But so far in cata, us mount collectors have been jipped.

LisaaraPokefarm

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Jessibelle wrote:
Miraga wrote:

Uh...heroics are NEVER puggable. I don't who told you that but that's the biggest lie if I ever heard one.

People rarely pug on my server. So yeah...not gonna happen. If they do, they never get past the first boss usually.
I can understand that the heroic one will be pretty damned hard for people to get (even those in heroics, I'm sure) but I think there's a decent chance of getting the regular mode (if someone doesn't ninja it). Unfortunately, like you said, it all depends on your server and who you know.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah. Moon Guard on Alliance doesn't raid heavily. Horde on Moon Guard kinda does but they're very elitist and dont pug...if they do, it's extremely rare.

LisaaraPokefarm

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Hmmmm so perhaps this mean the pretty one is the achievement reward? :D That means I will eventually get it! Perhaps not this x-pac but later!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Jessibelle wrote:Uh...heroics are NEVER puggable. I don't who told you that but that's the biggest lie if I ever heard one.
Ulduar would like a word with you.

And yeah...just because your server sucks at pugging or doesn't do it at all, it doesn't mean it can't be done and it doesn't make the original statement a lie.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Uh...heroics are NEVER puggable. I don't who told you that but that's the biggest lie if I ever heard one.

And yeah...just because your server sucks at pugging or doesn't do it at all, it doesn't mean it can't be done and it doesn't make the original statement a lie.
I play on multiple servers. Not many of them pug, least from what I see on reading trade chat, or if they do, you need to have already gotten the achievement from running it. :/ Then again I've got toons on all the rp servers.

Pugging Ulduar at level 85 doesn't count. I don't recall seeing anyone pugging heroic ulduar when it was the new thing.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Jessibelle wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

I play on multiple servers. Not many of them pug, least from what I see on reading trade chat, or if they do, you need to have already gotten the achievement from running it. :/ Then again I've got toons on all the rp servers.

Pugging Ulduar at level 85 doesn't count. I don't recall seeing anyone pugging heroic ulduar when it was the new thing.
Yep, your results may vary, depending on where you go.

Pugging it at 85 counts when you can still get the mount from it. Besides, you said "never," not "never at level." :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

I've always disagreed with rewarding people with something that nice for doing something the average player isn't interested in. Min/maxing and raiding so hard your hands bleed isn't fun, so that means I don't deserve the mount. That's great logic! /sarcasm. Taking Jessi's side here.

Give the rest of us a reskin so we can at least acquire the model. The hardcore snowflakes can still have their bacon-wrapped filet mingon, while the rest of us can at least have the chicken-fried steak.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Touche, Kalli. You got me there. :P

@Monica - Yeah, atleast the model would be nice.

LisaaraPokefarm

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I'm sad they're for raids.:(

I'm not gonna argue either way, it is what it is. But I'm still sad. :(
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Monica Gems wrote:I've always disagreed with rewarding people with something that nice for doing something the average player isn't interested in. Min/maxing and raiding so hard your hands bleed isn't fun, so that means I don't deserve the mount. That's great logic! /sarcasm. Taking Jessi's side here.

Give the rest of us a reskin so we can at least acquire the model. The hardcore snowflakes can still have their bacon-wrapped filet mingon, while the rest of us can at least have the chicken-fried steak.
There is a third skin in the files. Maybe it'll be something easier to get.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Eh, I hardcore raided from BC until ToC. I can't do it any more, but I don't see a problem with rewarding a heroic kill with something. Normal mode gets a drake too (the orange one). We get rewarded for all kinds of achievements. I think there's a far better variety of achievements and rewards than any other time I can remember.

I think they're cool. My boyfriend thinks they're silly.

I do hope they go the route of Sarth and leave the drakes in at 100% even into next expansion. Unlike Mim's head and Invincible. To me, if people want to get the group to do it when it's otherwise irrelevant, let them have it. It cuts back on the inevitable ninjas, or at least helps.

And to add statistics, Illidan horde pugs 7/7 all the time and as much as 6/7 heroic (though most commonly 2-3 heroics). I will not be surprised if there's a heroic rag pug before the expansion ends. I know there were a couple of pug Bane kills last expac.

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Anyone think that the 3rd skin might not be for the raid finder version of the dungeon...? I think that could possibly be a plausible theory, unless it's already been disproven.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

The normal version coloring looks like the heroic version except its got a tummy ache / looks ill. =(
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

I wish these threads didn't generally turn into statements of how 'hardcore/elitist' raiders are and how we all minmax etc to do what we do... I only have time to play a few times a week, twice for raid, and while I definitely research my class I'm no elitist. I don't go around looking down on people who don't enjoy raiding and calling them noobs... :<

Having said that, I'd like more rep grind mounts and less raid rewards. Even for raiders it can be a big bummer. I collect mounts on my hunter and raid with my druid, who uses flight form anyway. Raid rewards are cool but having them for every raid, and knowing that *every* awesome mount is a raid reward, gets tiring and sad. Sometimes it's nice to have something you can work for alone, or pick which character you get it on. These don't impress me much anyway (the colors seem really bland to me O.o) but still. More Netherwing type reps imo :(
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

CrystalKitten wrote:Anyone think that the 3rd skin might not be for the raid finder version of the dungeon...? I think that could possibly be a plausible theory, unless it's already been disproven.
I doubt Raid Finder's getting a mount.

Raid Finder blocks you from getting the more interesting stuff like Epic gems, Legendary Dagger parts, ach credit, and mounts. Its just there to learn the fight first hand imo.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I might beable to get this as my server in the last couple of months has been doing alot of PUGS and they go prtty far and are not fail.