Hydras, Blizzard, and Us

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Hydras, Blizzard, and Us

Unread post by Chimera »

^

none of the other beasts at the faire have <the untameable> under their names, just him

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Krystal the basilisk could also be considered a potential source of humor, but the joke there is the fact that she can ice you if you make eye contact. ;)

However, were basilisks a lesser source of hilarious situations, then Krystal might easily have been "untamable" soon. :)

(TL;DR: basilisks are funnier than hydras!)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

i love basilisks...... always have.... i wish they'd add them to the tameable list, they use the same skeleton as crocolisks :3

Man, i just realized, if blizzard decided to introduce hydras as tameables in 4.3 (if it comes out before christmas) then i coulda tamed the one inside wailing caverns thats red, green, and yellow and he'd be the perfect festive addition to winters veil! but its too soon yet imo, i want this giggle to last in live for a few months first

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xakaal wrote:i love basilisks...... always have.... i wish they'd add them to the tameable list, they use the same skeleton as crocolisks :3
Agreed. To me they always seemed like the most "normal" seeming of the untameable families. Probably because of their similarity to crocs.
Xakaal wrote:Man, i just realized, if blizzard decided to introduce hydras as tameables in 4.3 (if it comes out before christmas) then i coulda tamed the one inside wailing caverns thats red, green, and yellow and he'd be the perfect festive addition to winters veil!
My god, he really would be the perfect Christmas pet, wouldn't he?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:
Xakaal wrote:Man, i just realized, if blizzard decided to introduce hydras as tameables in 4.3 (if it comes out before christmas) then i coulda tamed the one inside wailing caverns thats red, green, and yellow and he'd be the perfect festive addition to winters veil!
My god, he really would be the perfect Christmas pet, wouldn't he?

This guy, for those who, like me, wanted to see. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:i love basilisks...... always have.... i wish they'd add them to the tameable list, they use the same skeleton as crocolisks :3

Man, i just realized, if blizzard decided to introduce hydras as tameables in 4.3 (if it comes out before christmas) then i coulda tamed the one inside wailing caverns thats red, green, and yellow and he'd be the perfect festive addition to winters veil! but its too soon yet imo, i want this giggle to last in live for a few months first
if you do....you better name him JingleBells....do eet! XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

deadman

Unread post by deadman »

I think one of the hurdles blizz sees to adding hydras as tamables is that we already have wolves & devilsaurs to provide the crit buff (and both are already ferocity) so it may be seen as being pointless atm.. If they gave us hydras as mere scaly wolves, then there would still be a bitchstorm over how they suck and are pointless to add ^^;;

I'm honestly hoping that they hold off on 'em until they can safely add them as exotic ferocity pets w/ an AOE dps ability. Would fill a niche that BM has been lacking since forever that way and still keep the pet's coveted status :3
HikariVandar
Realm: Antonidas

Unread post by HikariVandar »

Kalliope

Some buffs are being removed in that plan as well, Hikari. We'll probably see a big restructuring out of necessity!

YouTube Edition

Paciphae
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by Paciphae »

Worba wrote:Yes, this has all been done before - and some people took it too seriously the last time too.

It's a joke people. They might give us hydra, they might not, but either way it's not like they're making fun of something we absolutely must have - I mean, if there was a glitch that prevented bows from being fired and they then added a legendary bow called "Doomfeather the Unshootable", then we'd have something to be mad about...
I want Doomfeather the Unshootable. It could be a bow that equips as a melee weapon, like a pole arm; so you're thwacking people with it at close range. Or, rather other classes would thwacking people with it, since we'll no longer have any melee abilities. :lol:
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Paciphae wrote:
Worba wrote:Yes, this has all been done before - and some people took it too seriously the last time too.

It's a joke people. They might give us hydra, they might not, but either way it's not like they're making fun of something we absolutely must have - I mean, if there was a glitch that prevented bows from being fired and they then added a legendary bow called "Doomfeather the Unshootable", then we'd have something to be mad about...
I want Doomfeather the Unshootable. It could be a bow that equips as a melee weapon, like a pole arm; so you're thwacking people with it at close range. Or, rather other classes would thwacking people with it, since we'll no longer have any melee abilities. :lol:
.... I am a Hunter, and I fully agree with this item. I would totally farm the *HELL* out of it on my warrior.

DO EET, BLIZZARD!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Maybe the problem is.. Hydras have 3 heads.. 3 brains.. 3 diff tames.. Hmm maybe another hunter achievement tame coming??? Hahahah what if you managed to tame 1 or 2 heads out of three, would it follow you or just stand there fighting (More) with it's self than it does allready?.. I have the Hydra from The Oracles dalies. Named it MoeLaryCurly

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Kalliope

Azzrazzah wrote:Maybe the problem is.. Hydras have 3 heads.. 3 brains.. 3 diff tames.. Hmm maybe another hunter achievement tame coming??? Hahahah what if you managed to tame 1 or 2 heads out of three, would it follow you or just stand there fighting (More) with it's self than it does allready?.. I have the Hydra from The Oracles dalies. Named it MoeLaryCurly
But....corehounds....and all the two-headed carrion birds....and chimaeras....

I dunno, this idea doesn't really hold water for me.

YouTube Edition

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

It's likely one of two issues...

Either there is a programming/model problem that is causing some less than desired behavior ("Hey, one head on my hydra isn't moving!") or they are saving them for some content-related reason (which I don't see why).

Frankly, since they were given a family, but never made tameable, my guess is that was to appease those who had tamed them long ago, and we likely won't be seeing them otherwise.

If you have one tamed, call it DanceDanceDance... ;)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Slickrock wrote:It's likely one of two issues...

Either there is a programming/model problem that is causing some less than desired behavior ("Hey, one head on my hydra isn't moving!") or they are saving them for some content-related reason (which I don't see why).

Frankly, since they were given a family, but never made tameable, my guess is that was to appease those who had tamed them long ago, and we likely won't be seeing them otherwise.

If you have one tamed, call it DanceDanceDance... ;)
When I asked someone about it, I was told there were animation issues that really needed attention and looked quite silly otherwise. I think it's safe to say the art team may have wanted to do new animations but due to the amount of work they had on their plates at the time, it just wasn't possible, so I assume the idea kind of went the way of the dance studio. Then again, that was back when challenge tames like Magria were just then being discovered, so it's possible that things have changed since, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

deadman wrote:I think one of the hurdles blizz sees to adding hydras as tamables is that we already have wolves & devilsaurs to provide the crit buff (and both are already ferocity) so it may be seen as being pointless atm.. If they gave us hydras as mere scaly wolves, then there would still be a bitchstorm over how they suck and are pointless to add ^^;;

I'm honestly hoping that they hold off on 'em until they can safely add them as exotic ferocity pets w/ an AOE dps ability. Would fill a niche that BM has been lacking since forever that way and still keep the pet's coveted status :3
I really, really, really hope they're not exotic. You're right, they do need a new ability, but I'm almost always stuck using my wolf in raids/dungeons and I'd like to change it up a bit and be able to use a hydra :lol:
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Honestly it would take them about a day to get a new family for a pet. And no I'm not joking or over exaggerating. In nilla it would take them about 1-2 weeks to get one fully going, but now a days a week would just make them look lazy. I think it's them mostly just saying "yeah, I can see that as a pet" and taking the time to make it. They seem to be busy right now with 4.3 BUT I think we will be getting more families in MoP (remember worms before WotLK, we couldn't tame them or Devilsaurs). Anyways that's my take on it. :mrgreen:

Kalliope

Nubhorns wrote:When I asked someone about it, I was told there were animation issues that really needed attention and looked quite silly otherwise. I think it's safe to say the art team may have wanted to do new animations but due to the amount of work they had on their plates at the time, it just wasn't possible, so I assume the idea kind of went the way of the dance studio. Then again, that was back when challenge tames like Magria were just then being discovered, so it's possible that things have changed since, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
This seems incredibly reasonable to me. If that's the case, it's nice to know that the art department is in our corner! Just....busy. ;)

YouTube Edition

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Nubhorns wrote: When I asked someone about it...
My only question is: who is the 'someone'? If it's a GM, then I'd be wary. They don't have some great bit of information to the high-ups. If it's a dev, then I'm much more convinced. :)

I'm not saying it's *wrong*. As said, it's definitely a reasonable possibility! Just bringing into question the actual source. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kelarese
Realm: Sentinels-RP

Unread post by Kelarese »

Please...Blizzard....PLEASE! I'm begging you. Please give us Hydras...PPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE?

Mew?