Asking for Ordos help please to get wolf helm

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Asking for Ordos help please to get wolf helm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I am asking if I can get some help in killing Ordos when I return tonight from work he drops a wolf helm that can only be looted by Shamans but mogged on Hunters and would look awesome on my newest hunter Wolfsdream but my Shaman is only level 90 and the rest of my characters can't kill him for the life of me. Any help would be appreciated to get this wolf helmet.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Asking for Ordos help please to get wolf helm

Unread post by Bowno »

Is it listed as Shaman only on the item? Like wearing wise?
If so, I dont think it can be mogged by any one but Shamans.
Also, don't you still need to cloak to get there? If you don't have the cloak, I think youre SoL, because from what I heard you cant get it any more D:
I remember trying to sneak over there without the cloak in MoP and getting TP'd out when I entered the area he was in. :c No fun.

Siggy under construction!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't think it's class specific. I thought I had it on my shammy, but I don't, so I can't try.
And she's only lvl 100. Need a group >:c

You're welcome to add me if you'd like to try to scrounge together some people for a kill. My tag is Peridot#11923

You can get to Ordos if you have acquired the cloak on an alt

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Peridot wrote:I don't think it's class specific. I thought I had it on my shammy, but I don't, so I can't try.
And she's only lvl 100. Need a group >:c

You're welcome to add me if you'd like to try to scrounge together some people for a kill. My tag is Peridot#11923

You can get to Ordos if you have acquired the cloak on an alt
Ah ok. That clears up a lot.
And I never got it on even an alt. So I guess I'm out of luck then xD

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

You definitely need to have acquired one of the legendary cloaks during MoP in order to fight Ordos, but if not, I believe all of the items he drops have alternate ways of obtaining the same appearances. The wolf helm is also from PvP I believe.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I do have the cloak on my old main before it went away so that is not a problem also the helm can be mogged by hunters it isn't shaman class restricted like the pvp ones that look like it and my shaman is Alliance.

I will be seeing about getting others tomorrow before work don't feel like running around tonight but I will add anyone who wants to take my 90 shaman there I do have a 100 Alliance hunter as well who can help kill.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I'd been eyeing that same helm. It's a shaman helm as it has intellect, so it won't drop for hunters, but it's not class restricted, so it can still be transmogged by a hunter. The PvP copy of it is shaman only.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Hm, so if the pvp helm is shaman only, doesn't that mean that a hunter can't mog it? If so, then the restriction on Ordos makes it so that hunters who never got the cloak can never mog that helm. It's still in game...still available to those that got their cloaks. But, only for them. And it's not like the cloak was a super hard thing. It was basically "do LFR till your eyes bleed" wasn't it? I never finished it, because I was so bloody sick of LFR and my computer at the time couldn't deal with it. I mostly stood there frozen, then died. It was fun. Anyway. Thanks Blizz. That's a bit like saying "Oh, you never did the attunement quest for Karazhan back in the day? You can never go into Karazhan."
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Yep the pvp helm is shaman only while this one from Ordos can be used by hunters being mail just have to have a shaman to loot it is personal loot which is why only need to loot with shaman. And the cloak wasn't that hard annoying as hell and I almost gave up during parts of it such as the pvp parts and the thunder forge where as a DK had to read up on specs I think I finally went in as blood back at the time blood was beast not like now. The LFR was indeed a pain to collect those parts and I went down to the wire getting mine but in the end was worth it since no other legendary even in Legion drops.

Edit to add name of wolf helmet I want to get: Olivia's Graceful Gaze
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Teigan wrote:Hm, so if the pvp helm is shaman only, doesn't that mean that a hunter can't mog it? If so, then the restriction on Ordos makes it so that hunters who never got the cloak can never mog that helm. It's still in game...still available to those that got their cloaks. But, only for them.
Correct - class restrictions remain for transmog, so that really affects PvP and older PvE tier gear.

In some ways it's similar to any item that was retired and never brought back - if you happened to get it before it was removed, you get to keep it and transmog it. Just in this case, the item is in the game, but not accessible unless you'd gotten the retired legendary cloak.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

This is still going to happen just been busy with real life and working on my Demon Hunter making her my new main shelving my hunters for time being.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Another suggestion - if you sit by Ordos and wait, there's max level people killing him with some frequency now. You can just run in when he's low health and tag him for credit. I've been doing my kills that way (I forgot I'd been wanting the helm too, so I have my shaman parked there).
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

peanutbuttercup wrote:Another suggestion - if you sit by Ordos and wait, there's max level people killing him with some frequency now. You can just run in when he's low health and tag him for credit. I've been doing my kills that way (I forgot I'd been wanting the helm too, so I have my shaman parked there).
Thank you for the idea I never thought of this
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Got my shaman sitting at ordos anytime anyone wants to help me get this helmet
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well after dying many times someone killed him and while I got the achievement also died as usual so no helmet as usual getting tired of this all for a helmet still my worthless shaman sits hoping one day to get the helmet.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

1. You can only loot the head item if you're a Shaman, AND at least one of your toon had obtained the legendary cloak.

2. Though it can only be obtained by a shaman, the headgear has no class restrictions, and it is the only of its kind that can be transmog on your hunter toons.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

pop wrote:1. You can only loot the head item if you're a Shaman, AND at least one of your toon had obtained the legendary cloak.

2. Though it can only be obtained by a shaman, the headgear has no class restrictions, and it is the only of its kind that can be transmog on your hunter toons.
My Shaman is sitting there already cause I got the cloak on my old main back in MOP.